Need help locating a 452 lux LEFT HAND - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:04 AM
ankrklankr
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frgood View Post
I just read the site and saw the differences. Funny you should mention the 'just one'. I'm looking at that left hand version. and you always need a tinkering one.
Yep! Can't have just one...I have the "Special Military Trainer", which is the Lux with a beechwood stock, and two days ago I picked up my Ultra Lux, also with a beechwood stock. First time I fired the UL I noticed how quiet it was - no louder than a child's cap pistol.

The conversation on year of mfr piqued my interest and I checked the barrels and receivers of both rifles. The Lux had the year "13" clearly stamped on the barrel and the receiver. The Trainer, however, was different in that the 2nd number was difficult to make out - it could have been a "3" or a "2" and was identical on both barrel & receiver. I wrote it off to a die needing replacement. Both test targets, though, were dated in 2013.

Enjoy your new "shootin' iron", whether it be Lux, Ultra Lux or Trainer - they're all fine rifles!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:55 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frgood View Post
I just read the site and saw the differences. Funny you should mention the 'just one'. I'm looking at that left hand version. and you always need a tinkering one.
A LH American will probably be not-too-difficult to locate if you search, and would be a great addition to the UL if you like shooting scoped a lot. I've been watching for a shipment of LH Lux for about a year now with no luck, though CZ-USA indicates they're still in production. Maybe you should locate that LH American..... You can just imagine how well it'd fit you as a lefty...

Last edited by I6turbo; 09-20-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:09 PM
blackhabu

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ordered a LH American, arrived a Lux

About a week ago I ordered a left-handed American (Classic here in Italy).
Today a LH Lux arrived in her place. Called CZ italian distributor, and his staff said that there are no more 452 LH produced and he did not know when LH 455 will be available . So they shipped what they had in stock.
Needless to say I am a little disappointed, I will keep the Lux out of 'necessity'.
She will be scoped and used for paper punching at 50m (off hand, position and from bench), and I am a little concerned of cheek weld on that kind of stock.

blackhabu
Old 09-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Longtrang

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in IN View Post
Under New Rimfires
http://www.whittakerguns.com/
They've had a LH 452 Lux listed for a long time, a long time after all the RH Luxes were gone. (I bought mine [right hand] in 2011, when they were disappearing quickly.)

That is surprising, having one sitting around at a distributor. The only ones showing up in a long time have been at LGSs that CZ buyers don't frequent.
I just went to Whittaker's today. Though the website says they have it. It is not there. They are a little slow with updates on the website. But if you friend them on Facebook they are good about answering any questions you may have about inventory. Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:48 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtrang View Post
I just went to Whittaker's today. Though the website says they have it. It is not there. They are a little slow with updates on the website. But if you friend them on Facebook they are good about answering any questions you may have about inventory. Hope this helps.
What did they have in stock?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtrang View Post
I'm not certain when was the first time I saw the current CZ list on Whittaker's website but it was a LONG time ago. It hasn't been edited in 12 months or more, as far as I recall. It's not misleading though because the heading of the page says:

This is just a 2012 product list, please call for availability
We also carry a wide variety different manufactures so please call for pricing on anything you do not find on our site

1) This is just a guide
2) Our price have been know to change daily
3) Price good while supplies last
4) This is just a partial list many things not listed
5) Please call to confirm anything you see on the web page