Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:28 PM
mostly22lately

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Added new 2 stage trigger

Swapped in a TriggerTech (made in Canada) 2 stage 'competition' trigger.

https://triggertech.com/collections/...31600313106550

This is in a Elite rifle, gen 2.

Simple conversion, as the TriggerTech is a drop in. Took only a few minutes. It is uncertain if this would work with a gen 1 M4-22 due to the safety.

A tiny amount of interference on the bolt carrier from the top of the TriggerTech hammer was observed.

Minor gunsmithing needed to resolve. I was able to tackle this myself; I assume most folks will need a little help. Tippmann appears to be able to do the slight milling modification quickly, no idea what the fee would be.

Lots of dry firing once the TriggerTech was installed, and also comparing 1:1 to an unmodified identical rifle.

TriggerTech is fixed at 3.5 lbs pull, sum of two stages. First stage is smooth and the break is crisp afterwards, with no creep or overtravel. Really like a nicer 1911 target style feel.

The stock Tippman trigger is consistent at 4 lbs., single stage, and this particular one is smoother than average for a milspec. A little stacking before the break, if you're being really picky, and minimal overtravel. Rather good, actually.

Chose this replacement over the Elftmann offered by Tippmann due to 2 stage.

Also chose the TriggerTech due to lack of availability of the 2 stage Timney Targa locally, and because of the roll-type sear mechanism in the TriggerTech.

Planned uses will be Appleseed events, 2 gun, steel challenge, and plinking.

Range report to follow, after it happens.
Old 07-24-2021, 03:05 PM
mostly22lately

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
first range trip

Nice results from the new trigger, from sandbag rest. Groupings equal or better than the 'before' but with less effort. Now to try it without the sandbags!
Old 07-27-2021, 03:39 PM
mostly22lately

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
no sandbags: success!!

Super happy with the upgrade!

No more "low & left syndrome" grouping-trends.
The rest is up to me and practicing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2021, 01:00 PM
ResilientArms

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly22lately View Post
Swapped in a TriggerTech (made in Canada) 2 stage 'competition' trigger.

https://triggertech.com/collections/...31600313106550

This is in a Elite rifle, gen 2.

Simple conversion, as the TriggerTech is a drop in. Took only a few minutes. It is uncertain if this would work with a gen 1 M4-22 due to the safety.

A tiny amount of interference on the bolt carrier from the top of the TriggerTech hammer was observed.

Minor gunsmithing needed to resolve. I was able to tackle this myself; I assume most folks will need a little help. Tippmann appears to be able to do the slight milling modification quickly, no idea what the fee would be.

Lots of dry firing once the TriggerTech was installed, and also comparing 1:1 to an unmodified identical rifle.

TriggerTech is fixed at 3.5 lbs pull, sum of two stages. First stage is smooth and the break is crisp afterwards, with no creep or overtravel. Really like a nicer 1911 target style feel.

The stock Tippman trigger is consistent at 4 lbs., single stage, and this particular one is smoother than average for a milspec. A little stacking before the break, if you're being really picky, and minimal overtravel. Rather good, actually.

Chose this replacement over the Elftmann offered by Tippmann due to 2 stage.

Also chose the TriggerTech due to lack of availability of the 2 stage Timney Targa locally, and because of the roll-type sear mechanism in the TriggerTech.

Planned uses will be Appleseed events, 2 gun, steel challenge, and plinking.

Range report to follow, after it happens.
This is good to hear, we're a Tippmann Arms dealer and working to be a 'one stop' shopping site for accessories and after market add-ons. We carry the Elftmann which is a good trigger but $$$. We're also a dealer for Trigger Tech and will need to get some in stock a they are great triggers and a little easier on the wallet. https://www.resilient-arms.com/shop/
Old 08-13-2021, 11:58 AM
Cowpokey
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When did "Gen 2" come out? I have a Tippmann Elite, didn't know they came out with a revision.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:24 PM
CJT50
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It wasn't really announced as a "Gen2" It was quietly released and only referred to as "Post 20000 serial number" on their parts page.

Differences are the upper now has the bolt bushing built in, and changes to the bolt. Lower is now compatible with AR safeties and a majority of aftermarket AR triggers. Also magwell dimensions are more generous for drop free operations. There are more small changes that aren't worth mentioning.

Last edited by CJT50; 08-14-2021 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Proof reading skills are terrible.......
Old 08-13-2021, 01:53 PM
Cowpokey
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJT50 View Post
I wasn't really announced as a "Gen2" It was quietly released and only referred to as "Post 20000 serial number" on their parts page.

Differences are the upper now has the bolt bushing built in, and changes to the bolt. Lower is now compatible with AR safeties and a majority of aftermarket AR triggers. Also magwell dimensions are more generous for drop free operations. There are more small changes that aren't worth mentioning.
Thanks for the intel!!! Mine is definitely a "Gen 1", I wasn't sure, but it's a 0046xx serial number. I guess I have an "early" one. LOL

Last edited by Cowpokey; 08-13-2021 at 02:02 PM.