Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:33 PM
jeff b
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Vudoo rifle

Finally got it all together. My Vudoo with a Foundation stock, and a Nightforce scope. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer off to the range I go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B50AD527-B3AC-481D-BFD8-C1B76628C792.jpg (450.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 02-11-2021, 07:49 PM
PuddleJumper65
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice looking rig,,
PJ
Old 02-11-2021, 08:18 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
With the correct rings you'll be able to get that scope so close to the barrel that you'll need an electron microscope to see the gap.

We have two of your twins shooting in my USBR Match every month.
I really like the look of that stock.

Smooth
Old 02-12-2021, 08:36 AM
ruffis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
Finally got it all together. My Vudoo with a Foundation stock, and a Nightforce scope. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer off to the range I go
how long did it take to get it from vudoo?
Old 02-12-2021, 11:09 AM
Ozarkian

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
voodoo posted this on January 27th -

“Why is nobody shooting voodoo actions or rifles in BR? From what i am seeing on youtube & snipers hide forums these rifles are more than capable of competing in BR.”

This thread drew a lot of comments (154 posts as of 2/12 morning) and has been entertaining (and educational) but hasn’t really answered voodoo’s question. I’m going to try to provide a reasonable answer.

The first V-22S benchrest configured rifle was unveiled at the inaugural Bullet Pro 150 match held on August 1st. This rifle was a static display meaning it wasn’t shot in that match. A second V-22S rifle, this one a BP-150 “Factory Hot Rod” was built for/by Mike Bush but I don’t think this rifle has been competed either. Both these rifles can be viewed as prototypes.

Fast forward to mid-October 2020. Photos of the first “target” rifle were posted to Sniper’s Hide (#842) with several other new owners posting arrival of their rifles as they received them. Most of these rifles were configured for F-Clsss competition.

My rifle, I think one of the first configured for benchrest, arrived in late November just as the weather, even in Texas, was moving from autumn to winter.

Most of the “Why is nobody shooting … “ can be explained by rifles getting into owner’s hands at the beginning of the off-season and the fact that you don’t just unbox a RFBR rifle and begin shooting national competitions.

If you start from scratch, actions require a barrel, trigger, stock, scope and good ammo. By the way, barrels and good ammo are hard to come by these days.

Even if you start with a full target build from Vudoo there’s still a lot of work and time required to prepare a rifle for competition.

We’ll see V-22S actions and rifles in benchrest competitions but that won’t happen until RFBR match season gets underway, probably in April or May. I’d think that Vudoo’s will begin being competed in local matches and we’ll see targets and scores being posted in this time frame.

Seeing targets with tight five round groups is the first step before we start hearing anecdotal accounts of Vudoo’s in club and local sanctioned matches. As more actions and rifles are produced and get into shooter’s hands we’ll hear about them. Maybe there will be some V-22S equipped rifles compete in September at the ARA Nationals in St. Louis

Be patient, development and proof of performance all take time.

Norm Flynn aka Ozarkian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-11-23 V-22S SN1007 w-groups.jpg (90.1 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Ozarkian; 02-12-2021 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Add Photo
Old 02-12-2021, 12:10 PM
Mistert

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jeff B cant wait to see your groups, I have one very similar ordered,finish date is March 5 the only difference could be the barrel, I have it ordered with a 22 inch MTU, want it to resemble my Sako finnfire. Keep us updated.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:00 PM
Gjmen22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
I don't know how you can wait that long. I would have been there the moment after the scope was mounted.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:01 PM
jps2486

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I'm just glad that we have an American manufacturer with an owner that is devoted to the success of his company. True, his products may not satisfy every one of us, but there are some that like to pick the fly s--t out of the pepper and will never be happy. I've had 5 brand "A" rifles. They were good, but I did not get any consistent extraordinary scores from them. The manufacturer seems to ignore their customers and say "ve do it zis vay and neffer vill change". They've had some inherent problems for years that have never been addressed despite the large number of complaints I've read about. I can only say that I expect great things from my Vudoo that is scheduled for arrival Monday. I'm not a top shooter and understand that my scores are largely as a result of my marksmanship ability. From it's reputation, I'm confident that I'm getting the best for my money. But if I have problem with the product, I know where I can go for satisfaction, but I sure don't expect any problems.
Old 02-13-2021, 05:51 PM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjmen22 View Post
I don't know how you can wait that long. I would have been there the moment after the scope was mounted.
He's in the Chicago suburbs. I've spent most of my life there. Unless there was a strange heat wave it's not likely you'd see me at an outdoor range doing much shooting in February either. It's currently a balmy 5° in the Fox River valley where I'm from (just north of jeff b).

Old 02-13-2021, 08:45 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have been thinking of maybe purchasing a Vudoo. Saw one on Trading Post but my word, the targets he showed were, in my opinion awful for a $2000 gun. I also have looked through these threads and have not seen one post of any kind of groups. My Savage shoots better than the one that was posted in the Trading Post. Anyone have any posts of groups?
Old 02-14-2021, 03:42 AM
linekin

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Wouldn't pay to much attention to the group pictures unless you know if the rifle was shooting the ammo that shoots best, the conditions in which it was shot it, if the shooter was using flags(& had some idea what they were telling him), or the shooters skill set.
The cost of a firearm doesn't magically negate the above.
Go over to the snipers hide & wade thru the chaffe in the thread over there & you may find what you're after.
Sounds to me like you've already talked yourself out of & wouldn't be happy with it anyway.

Keith
Old 02-14-2021, 08:02 AM
Triggershoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linekin View Post
Wouldn't pay to much attention to the group pictures unless you know if the rifle was shooting the ammo that shoots best, the conditions in which it was shot it, if the shooter was using flags(& had some idea what they were telling him), or the shooters skill set.

Keith
Very well stated. Every once in awhile someone (like Keith) cuts through all the chatter, and gives one something to really think about... Having said that, I do admit the "tighter" groups do tend to get our attention for some reason.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:31 AM
tonykharper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarkian View Post
voodoo posted this on January 27th -

“Why is nobody shooting voodoo actions or rifles in BR? From what i am seeing on youtube & snipers hide forums these rifles are more than capable of competing in BR.”

This thread drew a lot of comments (154 posts as of 2/12 morning) and has been entertaining (and educational) but hasn’t really answered voodoo’s question. I’m going to try to provide a reasonable answer.

The first V-22S benchrest configured rifle was unveiled at the inaugural Bullet Pro 150 match held on August 1st. This rifle was a static display meaning it wasn’t shot in that match. A second V-22S rifle, this one a BP-150 “Factory Hot Rod” was built for/by Mike Bush but I don’t think this rifle has been competed either. Both these rifles can be viewed as prototypes.

Fast forward to mid-October 2020. Photos of the first “target” rifle were posted to Sniper’s Hide (#842) with several other new owners posting arrival of their rifles as they received them. Most of these rifles were configured for F-Clsss competition.

My rifle, I think one of the first configured for benchrest, arrived in late November just as the weather, even in Texas, was moving from autumn to winter.

Most of the “Why is nobody shooting … “ can be explained by rifles getting into owner’s hands at the beginning of the off-season and the fact that you don’t just unbox a RFBR rifle and begin shooting national competitions.

If you start from scratch, actions require a barrel, trigger, stock, scope and good ammo. By the way, barrels and good ammo are hard to come by these days.

Even if you start with a full target build from Vudoo there’s still a lot of work and time required to prepare a rifle for competition.

We’ll see V-22S actions and rifles in benchrest competitions but that won’t happen until RFBR match season gets underway, probably in April or May. I’d think that Vudoo’s will begin being competed in local matches and we’ll see targets and scores being posted in this time frame.

Seeing targets with tight five round groups is the first step before we start hearing anecdotal accounts of Vudoo’s in club and local sanctioned matches. As more actions and rifles are produced and get into shooter’s hands we’ll hear about them. Maybe there will be some V-22S equipped rifles compete in September at the ARA Nationals in St. Louis

Be patient, development and proof of performance all take time.

Norm Flynn aka Ozarkian
Well stated.

When the weather breaks and the matches start up hopefully we will see all these winter builds at matches.

Always an exciting time for me. I love to see who shows up and what they bring with them.

Sometimes, not often, someone shows up with something that changes the whole paradigm.

Nice looking rifle Norm.

TKH
Old 02-15-2021, 10:57 AM
jps2486

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Norm,
What barrel and length did you choose for your V22S?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 02-15-2021, 10:52 PM
Ozarkian

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's 24"