voodoo - Page 9 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 02-09-2021, 06:30 AM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2011
Location: 
NLV
Posts: 
5,155
TPC Rating: 
100% (42)


Log in to see fewer ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by linekin View Post
Lee, you gotta give them some time. They haven't been out long enough yet. You know that. It'll all sort itself out eventually.
I'm looking forward to seeing them myself as it's another option for a left bolt action.

Keith
Keith, for lefties not a lot of options and I understand anything new that can provide that is good.
I saw something on SN that was rather odd, there were some case heads showing indentations and they looked really good however someone else showed his and the strike was not at the same place.
I wonder why there was difference?

Lee
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 02-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Penage Guy's Avatar
Penage Guy

Join Date: 
Dec 2013
Location: 
Ontario, Canada
Posts: 
5,323
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BR shooters don't seem to post much on SH. Many rimfire posters there are more interested in longer range shooting with rifles that are repeaters.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 02-09-2021, 04:36 PM
Travelor's Avatar
Travelor
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2005
Location: 
Central Arkansas, USA
Posts: 
1,601
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to Travelor
My Vudoo build V22S was delivered with a McMillan Edge stock, Flavio trigger with 90 degree sear, and Shillen ratchet barrel. Now has a tuner and shoots in the .3's to high .2'S
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 02-09-2021, 04:38 PM
flatlander
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2002
Location: 
Western Kansas
Posts: 
580
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lee, I posted a photo of four caseheads after seeing Mike's post with the indentations well back away from the edge of the rim. I thought perhaps they'd come up with an update for the V-22S firing pin, and that's why I posted the photo. Turns out that the rifle Mike was shooting was an updated Gen 2 V-22 repeater, not a V-22S. I mentioned that I had a 14lb spring in the bolt of my rifle - tried the 13lb spring they supplied, but got a few FTF with it, so went to the next heavier spring, which gave 100% firing.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 02-09-2021, 07:32 PM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2011
Location: 
NLV
Posts: 
5,155
TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
Lee, I posted a photo of four caseheads after seeing Mike's post with the indentations well back away from the edge of the rim. I thought perhaps they'd come up with an update for the V-22S firing pin, and that's why I posted the photo. Turns out that the rifle Mike was shooting was an updated Gen 2 V-22 repeater, not a V-22S. I mentioned that I had a 14lb spring in the bolt of my rifle - tried the 13lb spring they supplied, but got a few FTF with it, so went to the next heavier spring, which gave 100% firing.
Flatlander,

I found it very confusing that the case heads from a repeater was posted on the V22S thread. especially how it was explained how it was developed to get the best ignition.
then I saw your case heads and was wondering why yours weren't like the very good examples.
then I read were someone explained why the V22S's hit is like how yours was. I have to ask if the ideal ignition would be where the strike is away from the rim why is it not on the V22S?
what I would like to find out as more rounds are shot how long will a spring keep the consistency to get good ignition.

Lee
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 02-09-2021, 07:41 PM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2011
Location: 
NLV
Posts: 
5,155
TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
My Vudoo build V22S was delivered with a McMillan Edge stock, Flavio trigger with 90 degree sear, and Shillen ratchet barrel. Now has a tuner and shoots in the .3's to high .2'S
Travelor, I know you had to wait a long time for that rifle to get to you. I don't know if I would have had the patience.

Are you planning to shoot matches? this where you will see how well it can shoot.

Lee
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 02-09-2021, 08:26 PM
10ring1 is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2007
Location: 
Appalachia
Posts: 
3,152
TPC Rating: 
98% (65)
Took delivery of mine a month ago. Have been in a deep freeze here in Pa. Edge, shilen 24", flavio. Have a harrels and a Weaver t36 ready for spring. Going to shoot local informal matches.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 02-09-2021, 08:29 PM
JOKER708
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2012
Posts: 
313
TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
10 ring - how long was the wait thx
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 02-09-2021, 08:43 PM
flatlander
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2002
Location: 
Western Kansas
Posts: 
580
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lee - I was also confused by the posting of a photo of cases fired in a repeater in the V-22S thread, which is why I assumed there had been a change in the shape of the V-22S's pin. Sure that wasn't Mike's intention, but there it is.

I intended to do a lot of checking velocity with a chronograph from the start, but the truth is, I've not yet fired a single round over the skyscreens of my chrono. I need to know what - if any - the effects of going from the factory installed striker spring to the lighter 14lb spring are. It's so easy and simple to change back-and-forth between the springs that there's no excuse for not doing so while using the chrono. I've got the hots to send my V-22S bbl'd action off to Mesa to have it lot tested, but there are a few little details - like settling on which striker spring to leave in the bolt, and to finalize the tuner setting - that I need to have finished before taking that step. If the weather would cooperate, I'd have time to get these & other things settled. But we're in the middle of a very deep freeze, with highs in the single digits, heavy overcast/freezing fog, and light snow...just not possible to make any headway. At the rate things are going, by the time the weather turns decent, I'll have to forego any shooting because of the need to be doing field work. I think perhaps I should spend some time this coming summer working out how to build myself an indoor shooting tunnel so I won't be at the mercy of the weather in the future...
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 02-09-2021, 08:45 PM
Smoothtrigger's Avatar
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Oct 2011
Location: 
WA
Posts: 
6,245
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Top strike is from my Anschutz 1727F-22. Fortner Bolt.
Bottom is from my Anschutz 1416 HD Thumbhole. 64 Bolt.


I've posted this just to stir up discussions on firing in strikes.

Smooth

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 02-09-2021 at 08:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 02-09-2021, 09:03 PM
10ring1 is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2007
Location: 
Appalachia
Posts: 
3,152
TPC Rating: 
98% (65)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
Sam, Could be they are still being tuned and not ready for prime time. but as much as there as been on the repeater at SN I would think the few V22S out there would have some targets posted. I sure hope they found some accurate calipers to measure with

Lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER708 View Post
10 ring - how long was the wait thx
Ordered in July. Received in late Dec or early Jan.

And wanted to ad as I go back a read this thread, I will shoot my rifle with pride. Vudoo Gun Works, Mike and his staff are class acts. Unconditionally backing their customer base, every single time.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 02-09-2021, 10:02 PM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2011
Location: 
NLV
Posts: 
5,155
TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothtrigger View Post
Top strike is from my Anschutz 1727F-22. Fortner Bolt.
Bottom is from my Anschutz 1416 HD Thumbhole. 64 Bolt.


I've posted this just to stir up discussions on firing in strikes.

Smooth
Smooth,
Factory H&R M12 pin strike all I did was take a little off the corner to have hit inside the rim.
Falcon- pin strike

Lee
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 02-09-2021, 10:10 PM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2011
Location: 
NLV
Posts: 
5,155
TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
Lee - I was also confused by the posting of a photo of cases fired in a repeater in the V-22S thread, which is why I assumed there had been a change in the shape of the V-22S's pin. Sure that wasn't Mike's intention, but there it is.

I intended to do a lot of checking velocity with a chronograph from the start, but the truth is, I've not yet fired a single round over the skyscreens of my chrono. I need to know what - if any - the effects of going from the factory installed striker spring to the lighter 14lb spring are. It's so easy and simple to change back-and-forth between the springs that there's no excuse for not doing so while using the chrono. I've got the hots to send my V-22S bbl'd action off to Mesa to have it lot tested, but there are a few little details - like settling on which striker spring to leave in the bolt, and to finalize the tuner setting - that I need to have finished before taking that step. If the weather would cooperate, I'd have time to get these & other things settled. But we're in the middle of a very deep freeze, with highs in the single digits, heavy overcast/freezing fog, and light snow...just not possible to make any headway. At the rate things are going, by the time the weather turns decent, I'll have to forego any shooting because of the need to be doing field work. I think perhaps I should spend some time this coming summer working out how to build myself an indoor shooting tunnel so I won't be at the mercy of the weather in the future...
Flatlander, What was the reason to switch from the spring the rifle came with to a 14-lb.? some believe running the lightest spring is best.
IMO running the spring that will make it shoot consistent and flat is what is needed.
a Falcon I had liked 25-lbs for the spring and it shot really flat. bolt lift was very soft single finger lift.
so spring rate is determined by what you see on the target IMO.

Lee
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 02-10-2021, 03:24 AM
linekin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2013
Location: 
Maine
Posts: 
644
TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosam View Post
What do you mean they haven't been out long enough? They've been in the wild for months now. Doesn't take long to win , you either do or you don't.
I didn't think they were available until early/late fall? Hardly enough time to get enough in BR shooters hands. I'd guess that many of the 1st orders filled were from their loyal Vudoo shooters from another discipline. Anyhow Sam you know we're gonna be a hard sell until they do start showing up & doing well. Have no doubt they will, probably this season.
You could be a trailblazer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
Keith, for lefties not a lot of options and I understand anything new that can provide that is good.
I saw something on SN that was rather odd, there were some case heads showing indentations and they looked really good however someone else showed his and the strike was not at the same place.
I wonder why there was difference?
No Idea Lee. I do remember that there were some last minute changes that may or may not have been related.

Lee
No Idea Lee. I do remember that there were some last minute changes that may or may not have been related.

Last edited by linekin; 02-10-2021 at 03:27 AM. Reason: multi quote
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 02-10-2021, 04:38 AM
Turbosam
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Posts: 
307
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm no trailblazer ,but I laughed when I read that. I'm sure they will do fine with more refinements. That pin location of the v22s is way off and I would not be happy with its location. Ignition is a huge part in our game and that just doesn't look good. I'm pretty sure other custom actions have won right out the gate. You are correct ,we will see how things play out for 1400$ I would rather have a turbo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x