Last edited by MidwesternMutt; 12-04-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 12-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternMutt View Post
Glad to hear you got it to function!
Yea i don't give up so easy i counted with some problems before i bought this pistol so i knew what i was getting into. Its cheap and its accurate and it has its downsides this is my conclusion. If this was a gun for + 1000$ i would never keep it, because this kind of things are unacceptable on more expensive guns. I buy the ruger products because they are robust and need some work and that's what i like to do work on things so they fit me

For instance as we speak im working on a trigger for my 10/22 have a crisp 800 gram trigger atm and im working to get a faster locktime on it to.

Ruger= American Kalashnikov ( in a good way, because ak 47 is the toughest gun on earth)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2015, 11:29 AM
MidwesternMutt
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galica View Post
For instance as we speak im working on a trigger for my 10/22 have a crisp 800 gram trigger atm and im working to get a faster locktime on it to.

Ruger= American Kalashnikov ( in a good way, because ak 47 is the toughest gun on earth)

Yes, the heavier spring for quicker lock time and the lighter spring for lighter trigger pull. Such a balancing act.

Also, I like the comparison to the Kalashnikov. Rugers are definitely robust.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First competition of the year is tomorrow. I have been shooting at least 6000 rounds thru this gun since i got it. And its quiet a good shooter.

How ever its not enough for me... so a volquartsen LLV competition 4.5" has been ordered and should arrive in the beginning of april.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:27 PM
Zewig

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galica View Post
And their answers are , Buy a morini cm22 , feinwerkbau aw93 or pardini pistols :P. But the reason that i want a ruger is.

-It seems to be durable due to its robust construction which i really like on pistols.
-There are a lot of aftermarket stuff for it.
-it has a huge fan base
-it seems to shoot very good for the money, enough for me.

Only downside i have seen buy reading in this forum is that it seems to sometimes have shifty quality, now i have bought a couple of rugers 10/22 before, yes they are not so polished and have a bad trigger, but they shoot good and are robust.

So i kinda expect the same thing out off a mark III pistol.
I bought mine 3 years ago. No problems to date and I've shot 6000 rounds so far out of it. Both field and precision works well and getting the gold scores out of the way every year is hardly a challenge. I sold my AW93 to buy this one with money to spare for extra mags, Rink grip and a ****load of ammo. I shoot my Mk III better than I ever did my AW93. I did put in th VQ accurizing kit to improve trigger pull.

Last edited by Zewig; 06-29-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:42 AM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I still have mine. Couple of district championships under my belt and one state win.
Competing against peoples with aw 93 and other 2000$ pistols.