.327 Single-Seven? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:46 PM
mag318
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I've had my 4 5/8" Single Seven for awhile now and the fit and finish is Rugers best. This barrel length has perfect balance and the hottest factory 327s are comfortable to shoot in it. It's just a great revolver in a versatile chambering.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Wrench Man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I haven't received my copy yet?, looking forward to reading what Brian has to say about it?
Mine was one of the ones that has loading notch issues, not as bad as some!?, I was able to fix it myself, and it wants to spit out the base pin after about three or four rounds, I'll have to see about that too, not worth the hassle to send it in.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:54 AM
remmy597mag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 10:56 AM
remmy597mag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My .327!😄
Old 02-15-2015, 07:39 PM
chsparkman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is some beautiful polishing work on that Ruger. Very nicely done.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:48 PM
remmy597mag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks!😄
Old 03-03-2015, 01:35 AM
NorthwetChooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Ok, I'm still new to RFC and am hopefully not rehashing something that has been discussed here before..... but have any of the single seven owners sent their pistols back to the mother ship to have the loading issue addressed? I too, am enamored with the single sevens. So much so that I purchased two. One each in the 7 1/2 and 4 5/8 varietals. These guns are a blast to shoot and I love the versatility in the ammunition that they will digest. Great fun with the .32acp right on up to the .327 mag, which is quite the little fire breather in the 4 5/8 barrel length by the way. It's not that I can't load them, they just don't load as smoothly as my other ruger single actions. Pretty clunky actually as compared to my other Blackhawks and one OM single six. Just curious as to others experiences. And I know this isn't a rimfire question but noticed this thread was already up and thought I'd ask. Thanks for any input.

Dave
Old 03-03-2015, 01:39 AM
NorthwetChooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remmy597mag View Post
And mine aren't nearly that pretty. Nice work!!

Dave
Old 03-03-2015, 07:01 AM
remmy597mag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Dave welcome to rfc!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:10 AM
justsaymo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwetChooter View Post
Ok, I'm still new to RFC and am hopefully not rehashing something that has been discussed here before..... but have any of the single seven owners sent their pistols back to the mother ship to have the loading issue addressed? I too, am enamored with the single sevens. So much so that I purchased two. One each in the 7 1/2 and 4 5/8 varietals. These guns are a blast to shoot and I love the versatility in the ammunition that they will digest. Great fun with the .32acp right on up to the .327 mag, which is quite the little fire breather in the 4 5/8 barrel length by the way. It's not that I can't load them, they just don't load as smoothly as my other ruger single actions. Pretty clunky actually as compared to my other Blackhawks and one OM single six. Just curious as to others experiences. And I know this isn't a rimfire question but noticed this thread was already up and thought I'd ask. Thanks for any input.

Dave
Mine hasn't had any modification. No loading, unloading issues. Not a lot of room but cartridges and spent brass will fall out with the muzzle pointed up and the loading gate open.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:56 PM
birdman46g
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I picked up my Single Seven with a 7 1/2" barrel today . The first thing I did was load all seven cylinders and then see if the rounds would come out ok . I just rotated the cylinder to the stop and the rounds slid right out . The Single Six and the Blackhawk Bisley 44 mag both have to have the cylinder turned some to load and unload . Ruger got it right with this one , click and out the round comes .Cleaned and lubed so its off to the range tomorrow .
Old 03-05-2015, 02:45 AM
NorthwetChooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsaymo View Post
Mine hasn't had any modification. No loading, unloading issues. Not a lot of room but cartridges and spent brass will fall out with the muzzle pointed up and the loading gate open.
Thanks for the input. And cheers from a fellow northwetner
Old 03-05-2015, 02:55 AM
NorthwetChooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman46g View Post
I picked up my Single Seven with a 7 1/2" barrel today . The first thing I did was load all seven cylinders and then see if the rounds would come out ok . I just rotated the cylinder to the stop and the rounds slid right out . The Single Six and the Blackhawk Bisley 44 mag both have to have the cylinder turned some to load and unload . Ruger got it right with this one , click and out the round comes .Cleaned and lubed so its off to the range tomorrow .
Thanks birdman. Sounds like you got a good one. Both of mine have to be loaded when the cylinder is past the "click". My Blackhawks and single six all load and unload at the click when the cylinder indexes so that was why I was asking about the sevens. You're gonna love shooting your new pistol. Let us know how the range trip goes.

Dave
Old 03-11-2015, 06:04 PM
birdman46g
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So got the Single Seven out to the range and it shot pretty accurate at 25 yards from a rest with a 4" group . The real problem is after 7 shots my hand hurt and still hurts . I guess with my big hands the grip needs to be a little longer .My pinky fits right under the grip frame so the back of the grip hits the palm of my hand .My SBH Bisley Hunter 44 Mag doesn't do that and is fun to shoot . I need to find a longer grip I guess . I like the Seven so its not going away , I just need to mod the grip .
Old 03-12-2015, 02:55 AM
NorthwetChooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman46g View Post
So got the Single Seven out to the range and it shot pretty accurate at 25 yards from a rest with a 4" group . The real problem is after 7 shots my hand hurt and still hurts . I guess with my big hands the grip needs to be a little longer .My pinky fits right under the grip frame so the back of the grip hits the palm of my hand .My SBH Bisley Hunter 44 Mag doesn't do that and is fun to shoot . I need to find a longer grip I guess . I like the Seven so its not going away , I just need to mod the grip .
Glad you liked the seven. They are pretty snappy when shooting the .327 mag through them though. Were you shooting the AE 100 grain loads? Your SBH bisley's grip frame is a bit longer than that of the sevens. The seven has the old plow handle grip frame that is similar to whats found on a blackhawk, single six or a colt SAA. My pinkie goes under the butt of the grip frame and that's how I have always shot SA revolvers. Others here may disagree though on whether that's the correct technique or not.

Dave