"WHAT" to do with my Single 10--- - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Crazy Carl
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Standard Ruger part- front sight for bull-barrelled MkII. Ordered mine off Numrich, tho Brownell's, Midway, or Ruger oughtta have 'em.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:34 AM
SwissArmyKnife
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thanks Carl
Old 03-28-2014, 08:58 AM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds like you already know how to handle the situation - sell it. If you can't warm up to it, think the sights are OK, don't like the grips or balance, you won't in the future either. Sell it & get something that you do like.

I have a Single 10, and after shooting it several times, realized that it is not my favorite .22, but for different reasons. Love the looks, feel, balance, sights. But frankly got tired of single round loading & unloading after shooting my Trailside & Buck Mark. But not enough to get rid of it.

Good luck with your sale & I hope you replace it with something that you enjoy shooting. Sounds like two people are going to get a fine gun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 11:30 PM
Striper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Weird. I always thought they were really nice looking. I walked into my lgs today and almost bought the only one they had. It had some machining marks just like my other recent ruger purchase. I asked the salesman to show it to me and he had a long list of reasons for me not to buy it. I'm wondering if he had something against that model but he turned me towards a single six which he did not have in stock.

My suggestion for the op, is trade up. Lifes too short for a bad trigger, sights, grips or whatever.

I still think its gorgeous.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:54 AM
SwissArmyKnife

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Striper what did your LGS dude say to you, what was to list against buying a single ten?
Old 03-29-2014, 07:05 AM
CajunBass

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
When I find I've got a gun I don't want anymore, I sell it.

They're just things. Made to be bought and sold.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Striper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
He told me they had indexing and timing issues , tight bores, some too tight, and lock up. I figure this is when they came out but its been a while. I seem to read more positives than negatives on them.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:56 AM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striper View Post
He told me they had indexing and timing issues , tight bores, some too tight, and lock up. I figure this is when they came out but its been a while. I seem to read more positives than negatives on them.
Sounds bogus. He might have heard of problems with one gun but collectively, they're no different from Single Sixes. I have a huge affinity for Old Models but a local shop has a blued 4 5/8" Single Ten that is really tempting me.

Sights and grips are easily changed, I would change both if I bought one.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Heck even Single Sixes can have those problems. I had one that was an early 80s build. Never shot all that well. Took it to a local smith, who happens to be a big time single action smith - world class - and he lightened the trigger, evened up the chamber throats, touched up the crown.

Went from a 4" gun to a 1" gun (25 yards) and a much better trigger. Then I got a SS Bisley a couple years ago that is a 1" shooter right out of the box. Unfortunately with Ruger, you never know. The same can be said for a lot of their products.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:36 AM
3six13

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So, did OP end up keeping it and changing the sights or selling?

I've never shot a Single Ten, but love SA revolvers. My Hunter model is my fav so far with its 7.5" barrel and gold/fine bead front sight. I've shot 5.5" SS, but own a .45 convertible Blackhawk in that length. The Ten haven't really been on my radar as I like the ability to use magnums, even if I don't really use it much, though lack of ammo is more of the reason for that. Now, a long barrel (9.5" minimum, but 10.5" like the Super Blackhawk would be nice ) convertible Single Nine sounds like a great idea for a new revolver. Magnums out of that length of barrel should have really good ballistics; heck a .357 10.5" Blackhawk would be even better, but Ruger only have it in .44 Mag, which I'm not all that interested in. I'll probably end up biting the bullet and getting one anyway just for a buntline-ish addition to my collection, but a .22 mag or .357 would have been great!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:07 PM
onehandgunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=3six13;4969672]So, did OP end up keeping it and changing the sights or selling?

I Traded it for a CZ 455 Varmint in 22LR.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
That reminds me of when I got a used Honda Accord for my ex wife.

It was pretty good trade!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:35 PM
SwissArmyKnife

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bet!! Hondas are quiet and the ride is.....oh forget it......
Old 04-03-2014, 08:15 PM
POWDER MONKEY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
Put it up for sale or hang on to it. My only advice is based on my experience that I've regretted selling a gun much more often than I've regretted buying one.

I'd hang onto it for awhile. If you decide to sell, waiting isn't going to hurt it's value any.
Timberbeast - I am in the same category of regretting many guns I've sold. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I agree with Timberbeast in waiting for a little while.