Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:23 PM
hardwoodjdc
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Red face 64 vs. 54 Anschutz ?

I have been lurking on this forum trying to get this figured out and so far havn't so well. Can someone explain the differences in the 64 and 54 actions? I have the weatherby XXII and I believe that has the 64 ? action which is the cheaper of the two? Are all Anschutz 22 rimfires based on either the 54 or 64? I don't want to sound like a dummy but I just don't know and don't know what to look for. Thanks in advance for any help to sort it out
Old 03-06-2010, 01:24 AM
Stryker60

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwoodjdc View Post
I have been lurking on this forum trying to get this figured out and so far havn't so well. Can someone explain the differences in the 64 and 54 actions? I have the weatherby XXII and I believe that has the 64 ? action which is the cheaper of the two? Are all Anschutz 22 rimfires based on either the 54 or 64? I don't want to sound like a dummy but I just don't know and don't know what to look for. Thanks in advance for any help to sort it out
4 days ago: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=328905

Stryker60
Old 03-06-2010, 06:14 PM
white house
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwoodjdc View Post
The 64 or 54 will show accuracy. The 64s are more likely to wield in a field. The 54s have been used for paper punching. But you can take a 54 into the field with a "sporting" barrel and find excellent results matching paper punching accuracy.

Either model is worth the investment. Yes; the 54 is a lot more expensive. For long life accuracy the 54 will win. For regular use either is fully competent.

I am a guy that loves Anschutz. I have had the 64s and the 54s. Either print the groups on target beyond any CZ or whatever.

In rimfire the .22 LR can be handled by lesser cost rifles to work for most.
In my case I have a Remington 513T Matchmaster, a Vostok USSR Ural, and a Kimber Super America. Any one of them is acceptable to me.

In Anschutz I went Hornet after .22LR, .17 M2, .17 HMR. We are beyond testing and trusting old guns in .22 LR. We are now in the world of GARAGE mechanics building this or that. Any of them including Cooper can compete.

But; in HORNET, NOTHING matches the 1730 DKL MC Anschutz.

The Europeans know more about chambering a HORNET than ANY US FIREARM MANUFACTURER.

Cooper is in the line too.

If a rifle company can make a HORNET shoot outstanding targets (ie Anschutz) then what ever else they do is worth the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 08:11 PM
hardwoodjdc
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Thanks, White House. Good information and a nice friendly, helpful response which answered my question. I have 3 CZ 452s, a 453, a Kimber 82 sporter, a Weatherby XXII, Browning Abolt 22 and several other levers and pumps and was trying to decide if the Anschutz were worth getting into and if so, which action type to choose. Sounds like the 64 is plenty good enough for my uses. Thanks again for your thoughtful response.