Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Drill Sergeant
US Army Veteran GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 41 Assembly Question

Having a problem with assembly of the Model 41. I cannot get the trigger guard to latch and I don't want to force it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:23 PM
MICROGUNNER
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
You have to snap it closed with some effort. It does not go too easily. Make sure everything is properly lined up first.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Drill Sergeant
US Army Veteran GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Excellent, Microgunner. I was concerned about forcing it, however it closed perfectly when I applied the extra pressure.

Appreciate the feedback. Have a wonderful weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 07:33 PM
MICROGUNNER

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Da nada.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:04 PM
white house
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
True. The force to close that trigger guard is a steady push against resistance. Remember the resistance. If, for some reason, the trigger guard requires MORE force back off and re-assemble. I have seen 41s that have been violated with extra force on the trigger guard to snap into place. The result is a pivot pin disfigured with chipped and uneven surface engagement to the original position that is supposed to lock it.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:13 PM
JAT
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Re-installing the 41 bbl

Where I've almost gone wrong till I learned was this:

Before taking it down (removing bbl) look at the gap between the frame in front of trigger guard and the lower portion of the bbl. IIRC abt a sixteenth inch if quite that. I have had the bbl located closer to the front of the frame which puts the locking lug out of position when camming everything closed thereby causing great resistance.

I also put a thumb under the frame in front of trigger while holding the bbl tight with the fingers to keep it in position.

HTH
Old 02-27-2010, 10:39 PM
ab4ka

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
the first time I broke mine down I thought there was something wrong with it, but once I made sure it was lined up and nothing was blocking it, I pushed until it went into place. It is a little scary the first time
Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 AM
hamden

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The only trouble I have replacing the 41 barrel is the recoil spring rod and the front of the slide often stick cocked up a little above their proper position. I give them a wiggle, hold them down and pop the barrel in place.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:40 PM
mikengracie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had some trouble with mine when I bought a new 7" barrel and tried to just drop it in. A little stoning in some rough spots and no more trouble. It worked perfect on the oem barrel.

Last edited by mikengracie; 03-01-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:58 PM
fourarmed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When the barrel is on the frame, there is a little fore and aft movement. If you slide the barrel as far forward as it will go, the TG will latch easier.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:51 PM
white house

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab4ka View Post
the first time I broke mine down I thought there was something wrong with it, but once I made sure it was lined up and nothing was blocking it, I pushed until it went into place. It is a little scary the first time
Exactly. It is scary the first time you have to pressure that trigger guard. But the pressure is always a constant and once YOU KNOW IT it is your guide to make sure all parts are aligned and in place to USE IT. When it feels TOO FAR beyond the NORM you simply back off and make sure all parts are in line. The barrel needs to be positioned FORWARD as far as it can go to the MUZZLE direction. Do whatever it takes to ensure this before swinging that trigger guard into place.

MAKE SURE THE BARREL IS FREE and FORWARD before pushing that trigger guard into place.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:52 PM
white house

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourarmed View Post
When the barrel is on the frame, there is a little fore and aft movement. If you slide the barrel as far forward as it will go, the TG will latch easier.
Exactly.