Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Ranger Dave

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Slop fix suggestion

I tried the JB slop fix several times and didn't get the feel I was hoping for. Sometimes the pull didn't feel smooth and jerky.

I tried the JB agin but I let the JB cure until it wasn't totally dry. I let the sear make the perfect angle to the other part(disconnector, I believe) by forcing the 2 parts together. This made a huge difference and the angle of the JB looks and feel great.

Then I just let the JB dry.
Old 01-18-2003, 01:11 AM
Ranger Dave

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Never mind. This blows! There is no slop but the disconnector doesn't reengage the sear. I filed it down then the slop shows up again. Again, this blows and I'm getting frustrated.

Is there any after market parts that get rid of the slop?
Old 01-18-2003, 08:50 AM
marksman1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ranger Dave you may try to shim the sear ,disconnector & trigger to limit their side to side play.The trigger wobbling in the gaurd is a big source of slop,then the sear wobbling in the trigger is also a source.I shimmed it in as tight as I could and still allow free travel.I couldnt believe how much crisper the trigger is now.