New A22 THS range report - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:15 PM
jac54
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New A22 THS range report

I sent my A22 back to Savage because of the condition of the barrel. I thought they would just re-barrel it and send it back but they sent me a new one. I was impressed. This one has a slightly better trigger and the bore looks a lot better. It still has some rough places along the rifling and the crown looks a little uneven.

I ran a patch through the barrel then took it to the range. It shot better than I expected. I shot 8 different 5 shot groups @ 50yds with Aguila super extra standard velocity and not one was bigger than an inch. Two of the groups were .75". One of the groups was working on a half inch when operator error opened it up to an inch.

I am very impressed with this rifle and would have been impressed with the Aguila ammo but I had 3 miss fires with it today. I am going to bed the action, fire lap the barrel and do some work on the trigger to get the creep out of it.

Cudos to Savage they finally made it right.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:51 PM
pathfinder1cav

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad the new one shoots like it should!
As you know, I have a couple & shoot the A22TH in a precision match every week.
We do very small targets at 30Y (1" large ones down to 1/4" small ones). If I hold hard, I usually end up in the top 3 (against some nice bolt guns & tricked out 10-22s) AND, I am just using CCI-SV!
We also shoot a 100Y bullseye target & it will hold a 2-3" 10 rd. group with 5-15mph wind,(would like to try it on a windless day- think it would do 1.5".).
Think once you get it dialed in, you are going to love it.