Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:23 PM
bubba68
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Yupp.. I tell ya almost nothing about these 10/tweekie2's is identical.. almost/sorta/kinda is a pain.. that's why I mentioned spreading the pin.. and the JB Weld is a nice touch Another method I remember using to spread the pin is clamping it in ViceGrips or the Bench Vise to give it a tad OVAL shape.. bingo.
When I was using the JB Weld I was thinking why not use the JB and make a bridge across the firing pin channel then when it is dry go in with a needle file and file the JB enough to let the firing pin through. If you were careful you could make the opening just a few thousands bigger than the pin. There is virtually no upward pressure from the firing pin so I would think the JB would last forever.

Thoughts ?
Old 03-19-2019, 08:57 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba68 View Post
I was thinking why not use the JB and make a bridge across the firing pin channel..

There is virtually no upward pressure from the firing pin so I would think the JB would last forever.

Thoughts ?
I think unless you put a groove/notch (or use the entire length of the channel) in the bolt for the JBWeld to hold onto, the constant battering from the bolt slamming back and forth will dislodge it eventually
Old 03-19-2019, 09:23 PM
bubba68

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
I think unless you put a groove/notch (or use the entire length of the channel) in the bolt for the JBWeld to hold onto, the constant battering from the bolt slamming back and forth will dislodge it eventually
Yes I would rough up the channel and maybe put some divots in it to give the JB something to hold on to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2019, 12:20 AM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba68 View Post
Yes I would rough up the channel and maybe put some divots in it to give the JB something to hold on to.
The bolt is relatively hard steel, I use a fiberglass cut-off wheel in my moto-tool to roughen up the edges of the groove where the pin sits. You have to be very precise. When the roll pin is in perfect position I apply some thick epoxy from the top. Oh, and clean it all with alcohol before gluing.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:33 AM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And then once you have the firing pin locked down, put a spent case in the chamber to check where the firing pin hits it.
Grind down the top of the pin at an angle until it just clears the rim of the case. Then use a stone to slightly round off all the sharp edges, otherwise the pin could pierce the case.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:36 PM
bubba68

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=bubba68;11409381]When I was using the JB Weld I was thinking why not use the JB and make a bridge across the firing pin channel then when it is dry go in with a needle file and file the JB enough to let the firing pin through. If you were careful you could make the opening just a few thousands bigger than the pin. There is virtually no upward pressure from the firing pin so I would think the JB would last forever.

Had some spare time yesterday so I decided to do a JB Weld firing pin channel to keep the firing pin from moving up. Used a cutoff wheel to make a small grove in both sides of the channel to give the JB something to hang on to. Put the JB in the channel and let it sit overnight.

Used a drill to make a small hole through the JB and then used a small needle file to open up the slot for the firing pin. Was able to get a very close fit between the firing pin and the opening. Virtually no upward movement of the firing pin but it still moves freely, no binding.

Will see how it works when I get it to a range and put some rounds through it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bolt 1.jpg (157.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Bolt 2.jpg (96.1 KB, 64 views)