Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:09 AM
obx22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First shot hits at long range.....

A few threads concerning external ballistics and equipment have raised a few questions for me:

Does anyone make a ballistic program for Palm PDAs?

Whats the best deal in a rangefinder good for .22lr through .17HMR?

Is there a better deal out there in portable weather meters than the Kestrel system?

What is the preferred reticle for you rimfire shooters, and why?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:35 PM
SimonFencer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to SimonFencer
I did a quick google search and found this one:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/calculator/ballistics!.shtml

Looks interesting. I am going to download it tonight and try it (no sync cable here at work).

Paul
Old 10-18-2005, 02:37 AM
pmullineaux
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
if you have got the bucks, get a shepperd scope, for 22's , once you get them figured out you can hit targets at 400 yds. i've seen it done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2005, 07:35 AM
welshdragon77

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi there, Having a bit of a problem using the system so bear with me im a newbie from Wales, UK. I do a fair bit of shotgun hunting, but im looking for advice from all members on which .22 Magnum Rifle is the best to go for,in terms of accuracy and reliability. Ill be pending around 800 pounds on the rifle and scope. Any advice would be great. Thanks, and sorry for adding to your thread , i could find out how to post a new question !
Old 10-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Crete

Palan isi lena (also known as Europe in vernacular Polynesian)
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yes, the Shepherd makes first shot hits easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmullineaux
if you have got the bucks, get a shepperd scope, for 22's , once you get them figured out you can hit targets at 400 yds. i've seen it done.
I have the .22 LR version of the Shepherd 3-10x40mm and I love it. The 9" stadia work for me even when I use subsonic ammo out to 150 yards. I sight in @ 13 yards (not 50 as the scope maker suggests) and I am spot-on @ all intermediate and marked distances out to a hundred and fifty yards.

How did he do it?

I want the same results using a Mil-Dot, or plain cross hairs, on a Leupold EFR compact, Weaver J2.5, Redfield Sportster, Tasco CS (ha!, I use a laser on this baby, which helps when the distance is known), but I cannot hit anything consistently with the first shot if I don't know the distance to the target with precision, past say 65-70 yards.