Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:44 PM
LongRange1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Nice!!

I shot a 300wm for several years...210smks at 2920...nothing special except a long free bore.

220g and 240gsmks were hard on brass to get them up to an executable velocity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2017, 11:27 AM
doubs43
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The past two days have been extremely busy, hence the delay in answering.

LR1, I'd love to have a range that nice. I lived in the Tularosa Basin near Alamagordo, NM, for more than 4 years and loved it but had to leave. Spent a lot of time on the desert and in the mountains.

Mike & LR1, you both have beautiful rifles. The stocks remind me of my Sabatti Rover Tactical rifles.

I'm currently working on loads for the new Savage 10 FCP-K rifle in .308 I bought last week. So far my best 5 shot groups are just under an inch. That's not good enough and I have more work to do.

While my Sabatti Rover Tactical .308 shoots lights out with little load development required, the Inox .223 RT Sabatti hasn't been so agreeable. Sub-MOA groups are easy enough but sub-1/2 MOA has been a challenge. My last range trip seems to have finally broken that barrier. 23.9 grains of H-322 and a 52 grain Nosler Custom Competition bullet gave me multiple one hole groups in the .3 range and one group in the .2 range. The GemPro 250 helped me be very precise with my powder charges. The results speak for themselves.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:27 AM
sqrlgtr

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
To the guys useing the gem pro 250.do yall just throw your powder then trickle up to your charge weight?i guess what im trying to ask is what is your procedure incorporating the gem into your powder weighing..ive got one but have just used it for weighing bullets and cases and it seems to be a little slow reseting.
Thanks
Old 04-21-2017, 10:28 AM
mikeinco2014

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
there are several ways to weigh on the gem pro 250.
one is to put a case on, zero and add powder till you get your goal.
if you dump and trickle up, i suggest lifting the pan after adding powder.

yes it is not a $750 scale and is a bit sensitive to power fluctuations.
i think a large batt pack would be a nice try for smooth operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqrlgtr View Post
To the guys useing the gem pro 250.do yall just throw your powder then trickle up to your charge weight?i guess what im trying to ask is what is your procedure incorporating the gem into your powder weighing..ive got one but have just used it for weighing bullets and cases and it seems to be a little slow reseting.
Thanks
Old 04-21-2017, 11:35 AM
sqrlgtr

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I run mine with the ac cord but i have found like u said pick up pan after adding powder to let it reset.no doubt it is a very good scale.i usally dont load over 50 rounds at a time so its not really a big deal if its a little slower.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:51 AM
doubs43
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Mike explains it well.

My procedure is to use an auto feeder to get within 1/10th of a grain and then trickle the load up to the desired weight. Then I lift the pan, allowing the scale to reset, and set it back down to ensure the load is correct. The pan is then used to dump the powder into the case.

It's not as fast as using my balance beam scale but it's more accurate and worth the extra time IMO.