Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Scratchninja

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Kent detective

its allright mate! We all do things for different reasons, I happen to enjoy long range shooting

technical dir.

Thanks mate, I am glad that you enjoyed the video! I guess the fourth shot was a little lucky, cause I couldnt get a more bullseye hit. Bad day to be a coconut
Old 03-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Lloyd S.
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mene22s View Post
I don't think they make the signature line in 30mm sorry!!
They do make the Signature Zee rings in 30mm. As with all "Zee" rings, they fit Weaver bases. I have a 30mm Mueller 8-32 x 44 scope I'm going to move to my CMP "rusty" Kimber 82G. I want to use it for my club's long range matches (1/5 scale silhouette swingers at 100-175 yds off the bench), which have recently added a bonus "fun" match shooting eggs at 250. I figger I'll need to add about 30MOA of elevation to the scope, so I've ordered an EGW +20 MOA Picatinny rail to hold the Sig Zee rings, then will add another 10 or so with the .010" inserts that come with the rings.

Sadly, Burris has, for some unknown reason, decided not to offer the usual 5-10-20 insert kit for the 30mm rings. But with the supplied 2 pairs of 10's, you can get about 20MOA of external adjustment depending on ring spacing.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Scratchninja

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got the 30mm zee rings and spaced them out aproximately 10mm apart. I got roughly 15moa out of that. I would also like to have some extra moa because I am 1 mil short at 300 meters when I dial the scope up to max.
But I can live with that. On all other matters the rings are beautifully built and really solid! As you say its a real bummer that Burris hasnt made any other inserts for the 30mm
Old 03-15-2011, 09:07 PM
noremf
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
.22lr at long range

I keep looking at postings, for the last couple of months, like this where guys are shooting looooong range with a .22lr and they really look like fun. I have my own ranges, 100 yds and 600 yds and as soon as one of my grandsons gets his 4 wheeler running again I am gonna mess with this. If I were to walk 600 yds or more without stopping I probably would have a heart attack and end up calling my wife on the Motorola walkie talkies to get the ambulance.

I am gonna use a vernier tang sight and probably a 4x8 sheet of plywood to start with with a 2 foot bull painted on it. Probably set it up 4 wide by 8 high. My horse pasture is 335 and I can see a gallon milk jug out there.

If I can hit that at 300 with any kind of "visible" group then I will probably start moving the plywood board back until I can't hit it.

Too bad the bullet is so small. I shoot out to 600 yards at 30 and 55 gal drums, with a Sharps 50-110 cast bullets and a Soule vernier sight and if the light is right or you are the spotter you can spot the bullet....kinda looks like a mortar round.

noremf(George)

Last edited by noremf; 03-15-2011 at 09:09 PM.