I think Vudoo is overpriced for what you get. - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 11-09-2019, 09:21 AM
tommyt654

Join Date: 
Sep 2011
Posts: 
1,204
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)


Log in to see fewer ads
Gentlemen please stop all the wasteful back and forth on target comparisons,they really mean very little unless shot in competition.

I truly believe that in todays market that MB's rifles are a competitive specific built rifle that would compete in PRS styles competitions.,As it stands it would probably not win or even place in the top 10 in a good ARA match with quality shooters IMO.I was lucky enough to have Don Blue and Joey Cormier help me with the build of "Buster Blue" apply named after the gunsmith and my recently deceased dog.

This constant haggling over whose group means very little till a rifle is actually shot in competition.The enlosed pic is of a target (slightly stained and old like me) I shot with B.B..It is a 2400 out of a possible 2500 shot outdoors in competition in an ARA match,before I sold the rifle to ILIKE1022,for a well below market price I might add as I needed money for other things I won't go into.

I think for the money involved it is possible to have a competitive specific built rifle for any competition for a reasonable price between $1500 and $2500.

The new Bergara .22 could be a possible contender (and market changer) once it has been introduced moreso into this market.The only true advantage I see to those on RFBR with a magazine fed action is the availibilty to fire off shots at a fairly rapid pace when presented conditions are good.Otherwise I see no reason for a RFBR shooter to have the need for a mag fed rifle.

I would like to see how MB'S currently produced rifle or any future specific built rifle woulld compete in a current ARA/IR50/50 match.

I'm not knocking his well produced action/rifle for what it is designed for BTW

This has all been a great conversation for some here and maybe I should have just been silent as I'm a nobody compared to the shooters I usually compete with on a routine basis,but I do show up and shoot regardless as I enjoy the camaraderie and getting out of the house on occasions

Just sayin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (172.6 KB, 241 views)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-09-2019, 09:24 AM
LtCrunch's Avatar
LtCrunch is online now
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2015
Location: 
Colorado
Posts: 
1,753
TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj View Post
Couple of 5-shot groups I shot at 200 yards the other day.


  • Vudoo Gun Works V-22 (30 moa base)
  • 20" Bartlein MTU Contour
  • TriggerTech Diamond Pro Curved
  • MPA BA Competition Chassis
  • ARC M10 34mm, 28mm height rings
  • Kahles K525i SKMR3 LSW


Interesting discussion to say the least. Somewhat off topic but I love beautiful machinery and may I say Ocabj that rig of yours is magnificent. Not a lot of people shoot rimfire at 200 yards but I do and .55-.58 MOA at that distance is enviable.

Headshots on prairie rats at 200 yards accuracy with a .22 LR...color me jealous!

Frank
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-09-2019, 09:31 AM
BillOH
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2012
Location: 
OH
Posts: 
164
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flangster View Post
Also, if I had shot a collection of targets like BillOH, you can bet I'd be pretty difficult to be around.
I try to be humble. I'm just a middle of the pack shooter in the crowd I shoot with.

I only post bragging groups when I have at least six 5 shot groups on the same paper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2476.jpg (100.8 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2350.jpg (101.5 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg Group.jpg (83.5 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-09-2019, 09:32 AM
ILIKE1022's Avatar
ILIKE1022 is online now

Join Date: 
Aug 2017
Location: 
Jackson, MO
Posts: 
2,770
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyt654 View Post
Gentlemen please stop all the wasteful back and forth on target comparisons,they really mean very little unless shot in competition.

I truly believe that in todays market that MB's rifles are a competitive specific built rifle that would compete in PRS styles competitions.,As it stands it would probably not win or even place in the top 10 in a good ARA match with quality shooters IMO.I was lucky enough to have Don Blue and Joey Cormier help me with the build of "Buster Blue" apply named after the gunsmith and my recently deceased dog.

This constant haggling over whose group means very little till a rifle is actually shot in competition.The enlosed pic is of a target (slightly stained and old like me) I shot with B.B..It is a 2400 out of a possible 2500 shot outdoors in competition in an ARA match,before I sold the rifle to ILIKE1022,for a well below market price I might add as I needed money for other things I won't go into.

I think for the money involved it is possible to have a competitive specific built rifle for any competition for a reasonable price between $1500 and $2500.

The new Bergara .22 could be a possible contender (and market changer) once it has been introduced moreso into this market.The only true advantage I see to those on RFBR with a magazine fed action is the availibilty to fire off shots at a fairly rapid pace when presented conditions are good.Otherwise I see no reason for a RFBR shooter to have the need for a mag fed rifle.

I would like to see how MB'S currently produced rifle or any future specific built rifle woulld compete in a current ARA/IR50/50 match.

I'm not knocking his well produced action/rifle for what it is designed for BTW

This has all been a great conversation for some here and maybe I should have just been silent as I'm a nobody compared to the shooters I usually compete with on a routine basis,but I do show up and shoot regardless as I enjoy the camaraderie and getting out of the house on occasions

Just sayin
You are right Tommy. But I do thank you for the gun and the target. I have no doubt in the right hands and right conditions this Suhl can and will shoot a 2500 ARA target, but I doubt it will be shot by me.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Hoser's Avatar
Hoser
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2005
Posts: 
113
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKE1022 View Post
You are right Tommy. But I do thank you for the gun and the target. I have no doubt in the right hands and right conditions this Suhl can and will shoot a 2500 ARA target, but I doubt it will be shot by me.
Grab one of your mag fed benchrest rifles, take the tuners off, toss a bi-pod on and grab a plain jane rear bag.

Go shoot some groups with it and tell us how it worked.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-09-2019, 05:09 PM
ILIKE1022's Avatar
ILIKE1022 is online now

Join Date: 
Aug 2017
Location: 
Jackson, MO
Posts: 
2,770
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
Grab one of your mag fed benchrest rifles, take the tuners off, toss a bi-pod on and grab a plain jane rear bag.

Go shoot some groups with it and tell us how it worked.
I have done lots of that. You can shoot some dang good groups like that with a good barrel.

Kidd barrel shooting cheap CCI Standard Velocity bipod and rear bag no tuner.


Last edited by ILIKE1022; 11-09-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-09-2019, 05:21 PM
ILIKE1022's Avatar
ILIKE1022 is online now

Join Date: 
Aug 2017
Location: 
Jackson, MO
Posts: 
2,770
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A tuner doesn't make a barrel shoot. But it does help some.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-09-2019, 05:28 PM
ILIKE1022's Avatar
ILIKE1022 is online now

Join Date: 
Aug 2017
Location: 
Jackson, MO
Posts: 
2,770
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I will put that group in better perspective. Now remember this was $3.50 a box ammo. I built that gun myself.

Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Sophia's Avatar
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
Raggedy Edge of the 'Verse
Posts: 
22,077
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Is it just me? Or is this really just a "I want to brag on my gun" thread?

Maybe I have it wrong, ILIKE1022 but I don't see you expressing much interest in learning about VGW's firearms. Seems you really just want to talk about how great your Suhl is. No denying it and you can perform well but I kinda sorta had the idea you were interested in learning about the V22, not showing off your Suhl. Or did I miss it?

Last edited by Sophia; 11-09-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-09-2019, 05:32 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2013
Location: 
bleeding liberal CT.
Posts: 
1,261
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ILIKE1022 Not to give you a hard time but I noticed for years now you show these unbelievable 5 shot groups, the problem I have is they are always a singular target that appears to be cherry picked. If you had multiple targets with this type of grouping that would be a lot more impressive .We are all in titled to like any rifles we want as a Vudoo owner I can tell you 1st hand that they have extremely good accuracy and are easy to shoot well .They also make great practice rifles that mimic their larger counterparts. I don't think any Vudoo's were ever made to be strictly for bench shooting they are more versatile than that. I almost always shoot mine off a bipod with great results This kind of reminds me of the argument why would somebody buy a Ferrari when you could buy a Subaru and make it faster and handle better.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-09-2019, 05:34 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2013
Location: 
bleeding liberal CT.
Posts: 
1,261
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Is it just me? Or is this really just a "I want to brag on my gun" thread?
No it's not just you
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-09-2019, 05:41 PM
ILIKE1022's Avatar
ILIKE1022 is online now

Join Date: 
Aug 2017
Location: 
Jackson, MO
Posts: 
2,770
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Is it just me? Or is this really just a "I want to brag on my gun" thread?

Maybe I have it wrong, ILIKE1022 but I don't see you expressing much interest in learning about VGW's firearms. Seems you really just want to talk about how great your Suhl is. No denying it and you can perform well but I kinda sorta had the idea you were interested in learning about the V22, not showing off your Suhl. Or did I miss it?
Well I apologize about that.

Ravage showed me some groups that were very good. What I was wanting to see. I will admit they are impressive.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-09-2019, 05:43 PM
ILIKE1022's Avatar
ILIKE1022 is online now

Join Date: 
Aug 2017
Location: 
Jackson, MO
Posts: 
2,770
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
ILIKE1022 Not to give you a hard time but I noticed for years now you show these unbelievable 5 shot groups, the problem I have is they are always a singular target that appears to be cherry picked. If you had multiple targets with this type of grouping that would be a lot more impressive .We are all in titled to like any rifles we want as a Vudoo owner I can tell you 1st hand that they have extremely good accuracy and are easy to shoot well .They also make great practice rifles that mimic their larger counterparts. I don't think any Vudoo's were ever made to be strictly for bench shooting they are more versatile than that. I almost always shoot mine off a bipod with great results This kind of reminds me of the argument why would somebody buy a Ferrari when you could buy a Subaru and make it faster and handle better.
I got you. You are right. I see now they do in fact shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-09-2019, 07:28 PM
RAVAGE
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2015
Location: 
USA
Posts: 
201
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
This is not intended to take sides in this issue. I'm simply interested in accurate rifles.

While the other "parts of the equation," as Sophia puts it, are relevant in an overall comparison, accuracy is not like beauty -- in the eye of the beholder. It can be measured.

Cherry-picked targets are not as useful in illuminating either side of an accuracy debate. BillOH has shown a more complete target and that is more helpful in making any assessments.

How about more compete targets to better illustrate the accuracy part of the equation?
I completely missed this post earlier while I was typing my own response, sums it up nicely Penage Guy.

ILIKE1022, I truly do want to understand where you're coming from and provide whatever info you may find interesting or useful. You can feel free to reach out via PM or email and know I'll speak to you as a fellow shooter from what is usually a friendly and inviting community. I've spent countless hours and effort refining my craft and do tend to be protective, sometimes overly so, but never one to harbor a grudge.

Thanks,
MB
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-10-2019, 12:51 AM
ayetee's Avatar
ayetee
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2015
Location: 
Henderson
Posts: 
574
TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
I'm very happy to see that decades after Remington and Winchester failed to better the Anschutz and Walther and surrendered the high quality rimfire market to the Germans a new rifle has come along. For those who wanted to compete with American equipment can finally have a brand to go to. It would have been much more satisfying if it started with a clean sheet of paper rather than modifying a decades old design. Innovation counts much more than just production improvement. We can't live off our grandfathers' effort forever.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x