afternoon ya'll........ - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:50 PM
triry
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
afternoon ya'll........

hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

i was recently gifted a 1st variation 922.
it has an octagonal barrel with a serial number in the area of 150,xxx
it has the flat mainspring, and two piece wooden grips
over all id place it in about 70% condition based on bluing wear and handling blemishes.

issues noted so far are:
relatively sure i was given the wrong cylinder.
from my research, i thought this very early model would have a non ejector type cylinder with a spacer style bushing on the front portion of the cylinder.
the cylinder provided has an integral ejector and appears to be several mm longer than the early 1st model cylinder

my goal is to restore this as close to stock as possible and present it to my dad-in -law for his 80th bday. production date on this 922 is close to his b'date which would be kinda cool. already sourced an original h&r ad for the 922, ( no copy ), an original box, and a the correct vintage braur brothers holster

numerich has no early parts, nor do any of the gunbroker vendors, or the various ebay parts sellers.....
any knowledge, parts leads or advice here would be greatly appreciated !

thanks in advance,..triry

Last edited by triry; 06-09-2019 at 10:55 PM.