Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:32 PM
Luvthemtorts
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Tony Kidd contact information

Does anyone have an email address for Tony Kidd?

I am having some frustrating issues with the customer service department at Kidd and would like to discuss my issues with the man himself.

In summary,
I returned a rifle for warranty work a few days after receiving it.
I have called several times, always getting the same young lady.
When I ask to speak to someone else I am told they are either all out sick, unavailable, or gone for the day.

Email communications are sporadic as well and rarely get a response.

It's very frustrating to have spent $1400.00 on a hand assembled rifle only to receive a defective product and then have to beg for a resolution and timely return of my rifle.

I'm hoping if I can reach Mr. Kidd he might be able to offer a bit more assistance than what I have received thus far.

Any help in contacting him would be much appreciated.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:04 AM
ms6852
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They are probably out for spring break as well. Sucks that you are having such a bad experience.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:23 AM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (125)
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2019, 01:32 AM
Luvthemtorts

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol shooter View Post
I've used that number and email address.

As mentioned in the original post, the young lady who answers will not transfer me to anyone else.
So far she has said they are all busy, out sick, or gone for the day.

As far as emails, I'm not sure if the same young lady receives them, but responses are few and far between.

I do appreciate the reply though!
Old 03-19-2019, 01:42 AM
Luvthemtorts

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms6852 View Post
They are probably out for spring break as well. Sucks that you are having such a bad experience.
I doubt it's spring break since the issues started almost immediately after sending the rifle back to them the third week of February.

As of March 6th I was told 4-6 weeks to receive it back.
They are replacing the stock but are out of the original color I ordered.
I told them black would be just fine since they had it on hand, and was told a week and a half ago that they'd do that in an effort to get the gun to me so I'd be able to shoot in this weekend's match (missed February's match due to receiving the defective gun).

I'm not particularly optimistic but I'll gladly eat my words and post up if they do happen to deliver.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:58 AM
elh0102

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvthemtorts View Post
I doubt it's spring break since the issues started almost immediately after sending the rifle back to them the third week of February.

As of March 6th I was told 4-6 weeks to receive it back.
They are replacing the stock but are out of the original color I ordered.
I told them black would be just fine since they had it on hand, and was told a week and a half ago that they'd do that in an effort to get the gun to me so I'd be able to shoot in this weekend's match (missed February's match due to receiving the defective gun).

I'm not particularly optimistic but I'll gladly eat my words and post up if they do happen to deliver.
Based on your recent post, it seems you have had more communication with Kidd than your original post suggests. Dealing with a return can be frustrating for sure. My experience with Kidd has been satisfying, and in general, they receive very positive feedback. I realize that means nothing if your experience is unsatisfactory, and I hope they get things sorted out to your satisfaction. I have had several custom, 10-22 based rifles, and the Kidd product has been by far the best. A small, custom shop like Kidd has limited resources (people), and if your timing is unlucky, delays result. I'm not making excuses for what may be poor service, but if the person needed to do the work is not there, it doesn't get done, and there is no one with whom to discuss the matter. It's nobody's fault, just the reality of working with a small business. The good news, I believe you will end up with a great rifle.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:51 AM
Luvthemtorts

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elh0102 View Post
Based on your recent post, it seems you have had more communication with Kidd than your original post suggests. Dealing with a return can be frustrating for sure. My experience with Kidd has been satisfying, and in general, they receive very positive feedback. I realize that means nothing if your experience is unsatisfactory, and I hope they get things sorted out to your satisfaction. I have had several custom, 10-22 based rifles, and the Kidd product has been by far the best. A small, custom shop like Kidd has limited resources (people), and if your timing is unlucky, delays result. I'm not making excuses for what may be poor service, but if the person needed to do the work is not there, it doesn't get done, and there is no one with whom to discuss the matter. It's nobody's fault, just the reality of working with a small business. The good news, I believe you will end up with a great rifle.

Can you please refer me to where I might have eluded to not having communicated with them on more than one occasion?
If you look closely you will see I specifically mention speaking to the same young lady each time I call which would suggest that we have spoken more than once.

My issue lies in the fact that it seems that I can't get a straight answer.
On 2/25 I received an email quote of 7-10 business days to complete the work.
I called on March 6th and was then told they would be replacing the stock but it would be a 4-6 week delay since they were out of the color I ordered on my original build.
I then mentioned that I would gladly accept a black stock since they had them on hand. The young lady agreed that this would be fine and confirmed.
An hour later I get an email from a different person stating there would be a 4-6 week delay due to not having the original stock color in stock.
I immediately emailed her back (once again, March 6th) explaining I had just spoken to the person who answers the phone and we agreed on replacing with a black stock.
I still have not received a reply.

I called back later to ensure everything had been straightened out between the folks at Kidd, and once again asked to speak with the woman who sent me the email. I was once again told that she wasn't available (apparently she never is), so I discussed the email with the same young lady who agreed we'd proceed with the black stock.
I mentioned already missing February's match and my desire to shoot in the March match on the 23rd.
She seemed optimistic that this timeframe was reasonable so I continued to patiently wait.

Fast forward to March 15th when I sent another email to confirm we were still on track since I have to pre register for the match this Saturday, and I have yet to hear a peep.

I understand they are a small shop, and I sympathize, However they are turning out hand assembled rifles that buyers pay a premium for.
Considering the price of admission should a customer be content with being treated like they are a bother or not being able to get a clear and concise answer?

I'm glad you have had good experiences with them, but your experience certainly doesn't reflect mine thus far.

Last edited by Luvthemtorts; 03-19-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:28 AM
huskerbob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This would not be a quick solution but, I believe you can send a certified or registered letter through the USPS and require "Restricted Delivery" and address the letter to Mr. Kidd.

https://www.stamps.com/usps/restricted-delivery/
Old 03-19-2019, 09:06 AM
Luvthemtorts

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerbob View Post
This would not be a quick solution but, I believe you can send a certified or registered letter through the USPS and require "Restricted Delivery" and address the letter to Mr. Kidd.

https://www.stamps.com/usps/restricted-delivery/
Thanks for an excellent idea!

In fairness and complete transparency, I just got off the phone with them and this time got a different young lady on the line.
She was EXTREMELY pleasant from the moment she said hello and checked the status of my rifle without any delay.
According to her, the technician is completing the work today and hopefully will have it back to me by Friday.

Looks like I'll pre register for the match Saturday and cross my fingers!
Old 03-19-2019, 03:46 PM
elh0102

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
To the OP, sounds like they may get you up and running for your match, hope so. I don't believe you mentioned what the issue was with the rifle as delivered. Since they are replacing the stock, I assume that was the problem, but I'm curious if the issue was their work (bedding, etc.), or with the stock supplier?
Old 03-19-2019, 06:19 PM
Luvthemtorts

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elh0102 View Post
To the OP, sounds like they may get you up and running for your match, hope so. I don't believe you mentioned what the issue was with the rifle as delivered. Since they are replacing the stock, I assume that was the problem, but I'm curious if the issue was their work (bedding, etc.), or with the stock supplier?
When I received the gun the barrel was not centered in the barrel channel.
When shooting from a loaded bipod the forearm would flex enough to make contact with the barrel and cause random flyers.

I suspected it was the stock, and Kidd confirmed my suspicions.

I received email confirmation this afternoon that the rifle is shipping, so I'm excited to put this behind me and start enjoying my purchase.

There is no doubt they make a great product, but the confusion was maddening.

I also think I owe you an apology.
After reading my response to your first post I can see where it might have come across as rude.
I truly didn't mean it that way and was just trying to accurately relay what was going on.
My apologies my good man!

Last edited by Luvthemtorts; 03-19-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:37 PM
Luvthemtorts

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Just wanted to follow up that my rifle was returned and looks great.

While communications were frustrating, the folks at Kidd did a great job at fixing the issue.
They also got it to me in time for Saturday's match, for which I am extremely grateful.

Hopefully I can get it sighted in tomorrow despite the 25 mph winds so I don't embarrass myself at the match.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:22 PM
elh0102

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvthemtorts View Post
When I received the gun the barrel was not centered in the barrel channel.
When shooting from a loaded bipod the forearm would flex enough to make contact with the barrel and cause random flyers.

I suspected it was the stock, and Kidd confirmed my suspicions.

I received email confirmation this afternoon that the rifle is shipping, so I'm excited to put this behind me and start enjoying my purchase.

There is no doubt they make a great product, but the confusion was maddening.

I also think I owe you an apology.
After reading my response to your first post I can see where it might have come across as rude.
I truly didn't mean it that way and was just trying to accurately relay what was going on.
My apologies my good man!

Thanks, but no apology necessary. I probably didn't read your initial post as carefully as I should. Having gone through similar issues, I appreciate how frustrating it is. Good to hear their corrective work looks encouraging. I shot my Kidd some today. If yours shoots as well, you will like it.