Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:47 PM
RRGary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Grip info?

I recently purchased a buckmark model UFX pro target, s/n 515xxxxxxxx, will the wrap around grips that are on the URX model fit my pistol?

Thanks in advance to all who answer on this small issue.

Gary

Last edited by RRGary; 12-01-2018 at 05:48 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 12-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Eyelawdoc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
URX Grips Don't Fit UFX Buckmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGary View Post
I recently purchased a buckmark model UFX pro target, s/n 515xxxxxxxx, will the wrap around grips that are on the URX model fit my pistol?

Thanks in advance to all who answer on this small issue.

Gary
Sorry, but the rubber wrap around URX grips fit only the Buckmarks with the URX frame. They are too small to fit the Buckmark UFX pistols. Buckmarks come with 3 different frame/grip styles: URX, UFX and UDX. Grips are not interchangeable between these styles.

If you are looking for wrap around grips for your UFX, wood grips # B5152861 are available from Browning to fit your gun:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/browning-buck-mark/parts.html#/filter:hierarchy:Gun$2520Parts$253EBrowning$253EPi stol$2520Parts$253EBrowning$2520Buck$2520Mark$253E Grips

Altamont also makes laminated wood wrap around grips that fit your UFX:

https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-gr...ning/buckmark/

Last edited by Eyelawdoc; 12-02-2018 at 02:16 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:10 PM
oldshot50
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Link specifically says that they do NOT make grips to fit URX models. I have been looking for LH wood target grips for a URX with no success.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2018, 02:14 AM
Eyelawdoc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Buckmark Rifle Wood Grips Fit URX Pistols

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshot50 View Post
Link specifically says that they do NOT make grips to fit URX models. I have been looking for LH wood target grips for a URX with no success.
Sorry, meant to say UFX, not URX. Above post corrected. There are no wood target style grips to fit the URX Buckmark. However, the smooth wood grips used for the Buckmark rifle; B2150015 (brown), B2150020 (gray) and B2150025 (green) also fit the Buckmark URX pistol.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:54 PM
RRGary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyelawdoc View Post
Sorry, but the rubber wrap around URX grips fit only the Buckmarks with the URX frame. They are too small to fit the Buckmark UFX pistols. Buckmarks come with 3 different frame/grip styles: URX, UFX and UDX. Grips are not interchangeable between these styles.

If you are looking for wrap around grips for your UFX, wood grips # B5152861 are available from Browning to fit your gun:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/browning-buck-mark/parts.html#/filter:hierarchy:Gun$2520Parts$253EBrowning$253EPi stol$2520Parts$253EBrowning$2520Buck$2520Mark$253E Grips

Altamont also makes laminated wood wrap around grips that fit your UFX:

https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-gr...ning/buckmark/
Thanks for the tip and info, Rosewood grips from Altamont have been ordered. And, they will look much nicer than black URX grips.
RRGary
Old 12-03-2018, 10:08 AM
rdas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshot50 View Post
If I were looking for left-handed ergo-style target grips for a Buckmark URX, my first phone call would be to Randall Fung (http://www.funggrip.com/buckmark.html).

If you're flexible about the "wood" part, Precision Target Pistol Grips can definitely make you some left-handed target grips (they use a 3D printer to make custom grips at reasonable prices).

Another option would be to call places that are in the business of making custom wood target grips, like Nils, Morini, Herretts, etc, and see if they can help you.

You might have to get grips made for a UFX Buckmark grip frame, and then apply some wood putty to the inside to make it fit the URX grip frame.

Dave
Old 12-05-2018, 01:11 PM
RRGary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RE Grip info?

Thanks to all who have responded to my simple query.
Have ordered a grip set from Altamont, looking forward to seeing them on the pistol as a better looking upgrade to the Buckmark.

RRGary
Old 12-05-2018, 01:53 PM
ms6852
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It was the URX grips that made me deicide between the Ruger and the Buckmark. It just felt great in my hands.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:42 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Wink I AGREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms6852 View Post
It was the URX grips that made me deicide between the Ruger and the Buckmark. It just felt great in my hands.
I have 2 stainless urx campers, factory grips feel excellent, thank goodness since there is nothing aftermarket available !
Old 12-07-2018, 10:30 PM
oldshot50

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Thanks for all of the replies regarding my quest for LH target grips for the URX frame. Very helpful. I will consider contacting Randall Fung. RFC--a great resource for all things Rimfire!
Old 12-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Black Knight
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms6852 View Post
Exact same reason I went with the Buckmark !