Mark I back in the house - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:55 AM
Popeye1959
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mark I back in the house

I emailed Ruger about the Mark I recently purchased as it would periodically not eject the spent shell and get stuck above the next round. I looked at the ejector and it appeared to have a good sized chip taken out of the front of it. As it is riveted in, I felt the professionals would be better equipped to replace it. I got it back from Ruger yesterday afternoon and in the paperwork in the box, the technician suggested the issue I was having was ammo related. I was using Geco Semi-Auto standard velocity ammo and have never had an issue using it in my Mark II. He also suggests using a copper washed ammo, which pretty much means HV ammo.

It also said they replaced the following: Disconnector, Ejector, Ejector Rivet, Extractor, Extractor Spring, Recoil Spring Assembly, Safety, Sear, Sear Spring, Trigger Spring, and Hammer Assembly. They also repaired the Barrel/Receiver Assembly.

Seems like a lot of parts and work if itís just ammo related.

We're going to the range after I get off work and take a nap.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:59 AM
Popeye1959
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A combination of 150 rounds of CCI mini mags and Federal HV and I had no ejection issues. I did have 5 that hung up going into battery enough to flatten the case enough to make them never fit in a .22LR chamber. I looked at the feed ramp and figured that is probably the issue. After I brought it home I cleaned the gun and polished the feed ramp. Hoping this will resolve the issue. I really want this gun to work flawlessly as I can put 20 rounds in a half dollar group from 25 yards with it. Resting my arms on a sand bag of course.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:04 PM
rsv1mos
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Just wondering what they charged you for the repair.

Seems that parts plus labor plus shipping and FFL expenses would come near the price of a new Mark IV. I ask because I'm facing the same issue with a Mark III.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2018, 06:15 PM
Popeye1959

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv1mos View Post
Just wondering what they charged you for the repair.
Zero for repair. Zero for return shipping. Zero for shipping to them. They emailed me a FedEx shipping label on 2/5 and I dropped it off at the FedEx place that afternoon. Received the repaired pistol on 2/15. I've sent in 5 firearms to Ruger and not once have I had to pay for any shipping or repairs.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:45 AM
rsv1mos
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Well that's pretty amazing. Good on Ruger.

My situtation is a little different with obvious previous owner damage to the backstrap something that isn't related to parts failure due to age or use.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:27 AM
Popeye1959

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would contact them through their "Contact Us" link on their website (I prefer that way so I can refer to what was said), and ask about it. I bought an SR1911CMD that was missing some stuff from the box (not gun pieces) and they sent me the parts as well as a box. They seem to just want to help people for free.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:55 PM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye1959 View Post
It also said they replaced the following: Disconnector, Ejector, Ejector Rivet, Extractor, Extractor Spring, Recoil Spring Assembly, Safety, Sear, Sear Spring, Trigger Spring, and Hammer Assembly. They also repaired the Barrel/Receiver Assembly.
Seems like a lot of parts and work if itís just ammo related.
I think once they have one apart, they don't put old parts back in.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Popeye1959

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Took it to the range this morning with 3 different brands of standard velocity ammo. 250 rounds with one failure to eject. That happened a couple rounds after changing from CCI to Geco Semi-Auto. I'm going to keep feeding it SV ammo.