1971 Mark I - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:15 PM
Popeye1959
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
1971 Mark I

Was wandering the display case at a local gun shop and there was a longer barreled Mark I with a $400 price on it. I did not touch it or ask anything about it. I looked at the serial number and it comes back as a 1971. I assumed it was a bull barrel because it didn't look like my Mark II pencil barrel. But I'm not for sure because I could swear it had a taper. Just by looking at it in the display case, I would say it was in very good condition. Not sure if this is a decent price or not.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:17 PM
fergusontd
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye1959 View Post
Was wandering the display case at a local gun shop and there was a longer barreled Mark I with a $400 price on it. I did not touch it or ask anything about it. I looked at the serial number and it comes back as a 1971. I assumed it was a bull barrel because it didn't look like my Mark II pencil barrel. But I'm not for sure because I could swear it had a taper. Just by looking at it in the display case, I would say it was in very good condition. Not sure if this is a decent price or not.
You haven't bought it yet?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 10:31 PM
Popeye1959
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm waiting for them to get the Ruger PC Carbine in to look at first. If I decide not to get that, then I may get the Mark I.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2018, 10:37 PM
fergusontd
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I'm waiting for them to get the Ruger PC Carbine in to look at first. If I decide not to get that, then I may get the Mark I.
I have a '71 Mk. 1 with a bull barrel, great pistol, its worth every penny. If you decide to buy you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 11:02 PM
DInghram
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My one and only Ruger is a late 70`s Mark I bull barrel target model. With mini-mags or sv ammo, it never messes up, totally reliable. I took that holster gtabber front sight off and replaced it with a Millett red ramp one, and took the plastic grips off and replaced them with some checkered dark rosewood ones. It has become a really nice woodsmans type pistol and is comfortable to carry in it`s Safariland holster. I had to do a quick draw many years ago when a skunk and I stumbled upon each other. We both fired, the skunk just touched the tip of my shoe, and I put a Stinger through his chest. Thank goodness it points well. Okay is that enough reason to go fetch that nice old Ruger?
Old 01-08-2018, 06:15 AM
irishbob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a 1961 Mark I.
Go buy that pistol, strip it all the way down and give it a cleaning like it hasnt had in 46 yrs, and enjoy it.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:05 PM
Popeye1959

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They said they would take $325 for it. Only comes with one mag and no box. It's the older crimped in base magazine with only the one hole on the bottom for the follower button. Mark II magazines will work in it I think (I've got 5 of them to try). I pick it up Monday afternoon.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:52 PM
n64atlas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
They said they would take $325 for it. Only comes with one mag and no box. It's the older crimped in base magazine with only the one hole on the bottom for the follower button. Mark II magazines will work in it I think (I've got 5 of them to try). I pick it up Monday afternoon.
You will have to switch the button to the other side for the early frame, see sticky on this procedure
Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 PM
valvestem
US Coast Guard Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It may be one the of the Heavy-Taper barreled models.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Popeye1959

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is not it, but looks just like it. Same adjustable rear sight and big hook front sight.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:38 PM
DInghram
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My brother bought the long tapered one like that when I got mine. I think most people would shoot the longer barrel better. I know I do. Like mine, his never has an issue with function. You have made an excellent buy, congratulations.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:29 PM
Popeye1959

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's home!

Loaded 9 rounds into the magazine and manually ran them through. It would barely eject the rounds. Took it apart, cleaned and lubed it and tried again. MUCH better. Hope to get to the range either tomorrow or Wednesday to run it.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:55 AM
Popeye1959

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Truck is in the shop today. Looks like it'll be the weekend before I get to shoot at some paper with it. I did fire it into my homemade (OSHA non-approved ) testing barrel and the gun cycles fine with both the Mark I and Mark II magazines.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:35 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
super buy , you win ,