Where'd they go? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:32 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where'd they go?

Snake45 hasn't posted since 2013. I often wonder what happened when folks stop posting that had the rf fever. Just moved on or, illness, death, or someone ticked em off?.......etc..
Old 07-31-2017, 08:11 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Snake45 hasn't posted since 2013. I often wonder what happened when folks stop posting that had the rf fever. Just moved on or, illness, death, or someone ticked em off?.......etc..
Wasn't he the guy that DEMANDED that Sawdust put his Anshutz on the 1/4" Club List even though it was clearly NOT a "semi auto sporter"? I have to look that up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 07-31-2017, 08:22 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yup the only good he did here was force us to refine our rules AND institute a voting method for making those rules. Between trying to force a military style rifle AND an Anshutz onto SuperStock 1/4" Club we did a better job of defining those rules.

He badgered poor Sawdust so bad Sawdust put his Annie on the list just to shut him up. In fact I think he had some fault in chasing Sawdust away from SuperStock and even RFC. The first thing I did when I took over the 1/4"Club was REMOVE it from the list!!

I would never wish anything bad to anyone BUT I do not miss his nasty way of pushing people around at times!

Old 07-31-2017, 10:41 PM
azjeff
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
For some reason there's nobody here or in SSH to play with. A while ago I got some interest in building either an SS or SSH old school, all Ruger parts. No fun playing by yourself, lost interest. Look at the thread under this one at the last date, look at the top thread in SSH at the date.... it's not the weather or time of year, other forums are busy.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:32 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
We have discussed this many times. Forums get hot and then they cool down. Just how it goes.

You should build what you want when you want. Do not blame a forum, any forum, for what you did not build. That is entirely on you is it not?

We have several builders right now that are doing great work. Sometimes QUALITY is better than QUANITY. These guys are also entering games and seem to have a good time.

Also this has always been a picture heavy Forum and since Photobucket pulled it's stunt that has slowed things that way. A perfect example is I have a brand new SuperSport build ready to go but have to figure out the picture thing first. Not much sense posting it w/o pics is there?

Last edited by Vincent; 08-01-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Hopefully they just moved on, or got ticked off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjeff View Post
For some reason there's nobody here or in SSH to play with.
If its the shooting games that you are talking about, go back one year from today, and take a look.
Total entry's Ultimate games------------ 13
Total entry's SuperStock----------------25
Total entry's Super Sport Heavy-------5

I'm having fun whether any one else shoots, or not.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:25 PM
azjeff

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
You should build what you want when you want. Do not blame a forum, any forum, for what you did not build. That is entirely on you is it not?
I'm not blaming this forum for anything. Got nobody local into modding 10/22s so these forums are where a person can have some interaction with guys with similar interests. We agree there's not much happening here day to day. I went back to position shooting my 10/22/22 mutt rifle with Tech Sights and CZ trainer with apertures.

The member of whom you speak so fondly is still active on a Ruger forum and hasn't changed.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:43 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Glad you are having fun azjeff.

Snake45 and I got along fine except when he got nasty with people here just trying to do their thing and when we were figuring out just what SuperStock was all about and what the rifle restrictions were going to be.

People thought it was any rifle....people thought it was the same as Utimate (I was told by the owner of the site we could not go there and I always thought SuperStock should be a sporter forum not a heavy rifle forum)....one very famous member got very upset we were not going to let the Ruger 96/22 in because it was a lever action.

I did not help when I slipped and said the 1022T should be let in going against my own ideas

It took a couple days but in the end we came up with exactly what the founding members also envisioned when I first started pushing for this forum almost a year before. Then we all had a LOT OF FUN. Will it ever be like that again? I really do not know. For a while we were probably the hottest forum on RFC. We influenced Ruger in their marketing and production ideas! I read about "SuperStock" 10/22s on other sites that had nothing to do with RFC and by people that had never been here!! It was amazing. Ruger even did my Bubinga stock for the rifle the members built for me for FREE! They knew us and knew what we were doing. If you look at a Ruger 10/22 LVT what does it look like? A factory SuperStock rifle and that is exactly what it is and where it came from....we influenced many many people in this sport and we can all be proud of that.

Even our many friends that rarely post here anymore and a few VERY badly missed friends that are no longer with us to post here or any where else They did excellent work here and spread the word. We miss those still breathing and we miss those that are not even more but things change. The ONLY constant in all of our lives and the life of a forum is change.

I never thought SuperSport Heavy (we need to change that to just "SuperSport" now) was going to be a huge forum. It was for the people that asked me 3-4 times a year (many more at times) "Why can't I post my 10/22T or my Deluxe Sporter with a .920 GM barrel on SuperStock"? When I got the first chance I could to make that move I did because I wanted those people to have a place too.

It was and is an amazing ride. The train is just slower these days

Old 08-02-2017, 07:31 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Reptile45 hasn't posted since 2013....he may be gone longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
] have to figure out the picture thing first. Not much sense posting it w/o pics is there?
As you're an RFC Team Member Vince you can pull pix off your computer:.... hit reply, scroll down to Manage Attachments, Choose File, and take it from there. I have a Mac so do it a bit different after that: as in upload to file and then drag n drop link into the reply....my way. I got it the first time which is a record for me.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...1&d=1501677018

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 12-22-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:41 AM
azjeff

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Wonder what happened? I happen to like CZs, up until 2014 I was doing a little silhouette shooting and CZs are a good rifle for that. Between the SS and CZ forums there were always lots of posts, ideas, photos to keep you busy thinking about this, trying that, etc. In 2014 my world crashed and finally picking up some pieces of what I used to do I find the CZ forum is just like it was but the SS forum (and the 2 new ones) are in hibernation it seems. Ammo is available again and 10/22s are always popular....

We had almost 2 months of fire restrictions that just got lifted 2 weeks ago so back to shooting.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjeff View Post
I'm not blaming

The member of whom you speak so fondly is still active on a Ruger forum and hasn't changed.
Alive and writhing eh?

With PhotoBucket playing hardball holding folks pix for ransom these be tough times indeed.

My SS has been giving me fits since I put in the $$ VQ barrel which frankly so far wasn't worth the bucks, albeit I haven't tried all the match ammo on the planet yet.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:12 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Im guilty on not posting much lately, I check in and read a lot... I personally have been bit by the PCP airgun bug... they are a ton of fun to shoot and tinker with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2017, 07:16 PM
AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I am still alive. According to this site I last visited back on 03-09-2014

Thought I would stop by and see what's been going on.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
AK!!

Hey Buddy it is great to hear from you!

For those that do not know AK is one our original crew and helped us build Superstock and a great guy! It is so good to hear from him!!

Old 10-25-2017, 10:31 AM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
I am still alive. According to this site I last visited back on 03-09-2014

Thought I would stop by and see what's been going on.
I still have a look every once in a while. Miss all the original band of Pirates.

Hope you are well Brother AK...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk