INTERARMS magazine review - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:38 AM
lemurwrangler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
INTERARMS magazine review

Bought a mag. for my mod. 106 Hamden and finally got to test it out . Fired some , CCI standard velocity . ,ARMSCOR standard velocity. and some RWS sport line target rifle "advertised at 1082 fps .

The new mag. worked without a single misfeed even with a few mixed loads with the 3 different types of ammo loaded .
I am very happy with the new mag. and plan to buy a few more as my budget allows .
Also want to try and save up for a 8 or 10 inch barrel with some scope mounts as my eyes are not working as well as they used to :]
Thank you ,
Alan Aronstein and all the fine members who have shared their knowledge.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:31 PM
Watsky
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the review.
I have one coming and look forward to using it !
Old 06-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Mike3838
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great to know. I've heard / read nothing but good things about InterarmsTX. If something you buy doesn't work quite right, they will make it right.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:31 PM
Watsky

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
2 Interarms Tx mags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsky View Post
Thanks for the review.
I have one coming and look forward to using it !
Earlier this week I received 2 Interarms Tx. Mags.
One I got directly from Interarms Tx and the other from Brownells .
I had ordered from Brownells before I knew I could order direct from Interarms Tx.
When I received the mags , I took them out to my shop to give them a good looking over .
I fit them into the gun and both were essentially identical, had the same hight in the mag well and same lateral fit . Both were the same height as my Hamden Ct mag.
I disassembled both mags smoothed the feed lips with some 600 grit paper , did the same for the button slots and follower top. I wanted ammo to strip from the stack easily.
After a little sanding I cleaned and oiled and checked the set of the bullet tip in the feeder lips.
The mag from Brownells was rather open for my CCI SV , the bullet tip set a bit high. Not to high to feed , but high . The same as before my smoothing .
The Mag from Interarms Tx had rather tighter set on the feed lips and the bullet tip was low. Not to low to feed but low. The same as before smoothing.
Both mags manually cycled ammo with out much difficulty .
This morning was my first opportunity to take the mags out to the range and have a go and see how they would do with out adjustments, apart from smoothing and oiling.
I loaded the first mag and dropped the slide on a round and the first round from the Brownells mag fed high , no surprise , I cleared the round and reloaded the mag and was able to shoot 3 rounds before the 5th round in the mag fed high. No surprise as I had not adjusted from the factory setting. I then set that mag aside.
Next I loaded the Interarms Tx mag and after oiling my first round , dropped the slide and proceeded to fire four rounds before a round fed low. I cleared the round and the rest of the mag fed and fired as normal.
So, no surprise , some slight attention to adjustment would be necessary.
I took out my mag tool and adjusted the Interarms Tx mag slightly wider , checked bullet tip and then adjusted the Brownells mag a bit tighter and checked the bullet tip.
This all took about 60 seconds.
Both adjusted easily , but in a way that I sensed some natural resistance to my tool, which is good.
I think this hardness is about right.
I do not get the impression that the adjustment will be prone to drift.
I then loaded both mags , oiled my first round, as always and ran through both clips rapid fire . No failure to feed on either.
I than reloaded both mags and ran through both clips slow fire . No failure to feed.
I call that success.
I shot around 150 rounds. 100% operational.
Works for me.
I think AA and Interarms Tx has the mag thing figured out.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:24 PM
LDBennett

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Remember Alan Aronstein shepherded every variation of the TX Hi Std mags, evolving the design to increase reliability. The InterarmsTX mags are just a continuation of that process that has gone on since the 1980's when Alan was working for them (only recently left in the last couple years). Alan, I believe, ran the day to day operations, was a share holder, and decades before that a High Standard distributor (??). Alan is MR Hi Std in my book.

Alan had Bob Shea as a source of Hi Std of Connecticut design and gunsmithing information. Bob was one of the few gunsmiths at Hi Std of Connecticut to build 10-X Hi Std pistols in the last days of Hi Std of Connecticut. Bob helped Alan as Alan needed help with TX Hi Std. Bob was building TX Hi Std 10-X pistols until his death a few years ago. But he trained one of Alan's gunsmiths who has since left (laid off, I am told?) TX Hi Std and has a separate gunsmithing business (with associates also former TX Hi Std employees). Alan does not yet have an FFL to sell guns but he is helping these former employees build a new version of the 10-X.

It seems these small gun manufacturers and dealers suffer more problems with their business and keeping employees and staying alive. I have seen two dealers go to jail (FFL violations), another suffer in-law problems that lead to their demise, still another go to jail for FFL violations and drug dealing, get sued out of the business because of a stupid shooter who did unsafe things and badly hurt himself (50BMG accident!) and another married dealer who ran off with an employee taking the business down on the poor wife. Still another manufacture let go his best employees during a management change because they were said to be illegals (??). If you didn't know TX Hi Std is coming out of bankruptcy as well. These are just in my experience! WOW!!

So far Alan (InterarmsTX) seems to be doing OK and the gunsmiths seem to be doing OK for now. I hope it stays that way. Can't wait to see the new 10-X.

LDBennett
Old 06-30-2017, 08:45 PM
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Watsky:
Interarms (IACI) also sells "Original High Standard Magazines".

For $25 more you could have bought an "Original High Standard Magazine".

It probably would not have been in serviceable condition, but it would be in sound condition.
It shouldn't take much effort to restore it to be fully functional.
You would then have a dependable Magazine.
What's the story on your "Original High Standard Magazine"?
To me, that's the one you should be concentrating on.

Does it passed the 2 tests?
.................................................. .
Did you test your 2 new magazines?
.................................................. .
Quiz:
Why do some people have good luck with Triple K magazines, while other say they are garbage?

Hint: Triple K has soft lips.

The reason I ask is because, by now, you should have enough knowledge to know the answer.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:51 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A Few Claifications

Bob Shea and Gordon Elliott dedicated their support of High Standard as a cause!!! They had a close tie to the Company and that both of them married their wives thru a High Standard connection. Jane(Bob's Wife) was the switch board operator at High Standard during WW II(I Think). Sally(Gordon's wife) worked in the business office. I actually worked with Sally as I was a High Standard "Top 10 Distributor" for several years. I bought my parts for distribution from Gordon in the 1970/80s as he was the exclusive National Parts Distributor. By contract, the GWE Estate is still the Exclusive National Parts Distributor. They DID NOT try to void that original agreement in their Bankruptcy proceedings. I assume that they are paying Ms Elliott her rightful proceeds !!! Bob and Gordon were always sparing about who got what. But for sure, Gordon Elliott kept High Standard out of the DUMPSTER!!! Gordon sold and made parts and, Bob serviced the pistols until we started in 1993. They kept the company going. Bob helped me every step of the way with the return of the High Standard Pistols. I should also say that I had help from: Larry Larson(Engr), Dick Baker(Engr), George Wilson,Jr(Engr and son of Sr-who had as many patents as Gus Swebilus), George Wilson III (Wilson Barrels), Art Murtha(VP at High Standard and Gov't Inspector at High Standard in WW II), and others. I learned VERY MUCH from all of these men and, I was able to put the knowledge together with some more modern and OLDER processes to evolve into the best products available. When my time as door keeper at High Standard was over by their choice, I had the time to actually make some changes that we had always discussed !! One of the forum members just broke a TD Plunger. I just completed a new BREAK PROOF(to be tested) Plunger and, I sent him one to replace a broken one. We shall see.... Bob trained (2) gunsmiths on the High Standard pistols. The other(5) had been taught the Pistols but, they WERE NOT 10X builders. They could work on them for repairs, etc. One of the workers is the best on THE magazines-BAR NONE. The OFM Corp(the former High Standard employees) has a FFL and, it manufactures firearms of all types. I do NOT have an FLL at this time because I don't need one. I will get one if and when I need one. I have a US Dept of State License to cover ALL of my International dealings which is where I actually make my living today. The rest of all of this is like a HOBBY to me !!! I am having fun !!! This will be my 24th year at Camp Perry - next week !! I will start my Camp Perry coverage on this forum on the 10th of July. Bob Shea had 61 years at Camp Perry for High Standard. No one in the past or who is currently attending is even close to that record. I wanted to change the High Standard Trophy to the Bob Shea High Standard Trophy. I hope that High Standard might pursue that but WHO KNOWS. I am sure that you will see more NEW products from OFM and InterarmsTX in the future as it appears that High Standard has lost it's will and knowledge base.- Alan Aronstein
Old 06-30-2017, 08:54 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Conn Magazines

All of my Conn magazines are SERVICEABLE !!! - Alan Aronstein
Old 06-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
X- Series Pistols

They will be on display at Camp Perry. I have heard from at least (8) forum members that will be there to see them !!!- Alan Aronstein