Red dot for 22/45

I need a red dot for my 22/45
Pleas give me some info on
Dot size, and brand .

Thanks

Sendt fra det mørke Jylland. Denmark
Old 04-29-2017, 10:41 AM
katonahjohn
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I use a Bushnell TRS 25 on my 22/45. Nice clear dot even in sunshine. Check the specs on the online scope sights..
Old 04-29-2017, 10:53 AM
Spinn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm curious what consensus is on dot size for the 22/45. I've used both 3 and 8 MOA but haven't landed on one or the other yet.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:57 AM
rkn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katonahjohn View Post
I use a Bushnell TRS 25 on my 22/45. Nice clear dot even in sunshine. Check the specs on the online scope sights..
I Will look for that

Old 04-29-2017, 11:57 AM
Indigo22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I like shooting small groups on targets. The TRS-25 serves me well with a 3 moa dot. I have removed it and re-installed it several times and found it returns to point of aim within 1/4 inch at 25 yards.
An 8 or larger moa dot works well for speed shooting. I had an 8 moa dot reflex sight that just didn't suit my needs because the dot was so large. I tried my hand at shooting a steel challenge event with the 3 moa dot sight and found it was adequate but it was definitely slow in picking it up on the first shot from a low ready stance.
The dot size you choose really depends on your intended use.

Last edited by Indigo22; 04-29-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:39 PM
GreggK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm using a side mounted C-more sight with a 12 MOA dot for steel Challenge.
I'm using the Stiplen mount.
https://striplincustom.com/collectio...d-mk-iii-22-45
I am primarily an iron sight shooter but with the side mounted C-more the dot is so low that I never have to hunt the dot, it's just there when I bring the gun up to a target.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:50 PM
rkn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggK View Post
I'm using a side mounted C-more sight with a 12 MOA dot for steel Challenge.
I'm using the Stiplen mount.
https://striplincustom.com/collectio...d-mk-iii-22-45
I am primarily an iron sight shooter but with the side mounted C-more the dot is so low that I never have to hunt the dot, it's just there when I bring the gun up to a target.
Nice

Old 04-29-2017, 02:02 PM
thomaston2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
rkn, it comes down to what you intend to use it for. There are two basic types of red dots, reflex and tube type. If you are shooting at steel targets, rapid fire then reflx sights make more sense in say the 8 to 12 mil range. Look at webpages for a Burris FF3, 300+ US dollars, or a C-more or Vortex.

If you do more target shooting a 2 or 3 mill dot in a tube type makes more sense. A Bushnell TR-25 is a great buy at less than a 100 US I have a Holosun HS403GL, a 2 mill dot that I like. Nicely made, sturdy mount and Vortex makes some tube types too.

Go to Optics Planet http://www.opticsplanet.com/ Almost all makes and models with reviews and prices. I was reluctant to pay less that 200USD thinking you would not get good quality but the Bushnell 25 and my Holosun at 170 USD are fine for average grade shooter such as myself. I would not go lower. You can easily pay 4-500 but unless you are shooting competitively and constantly I am not sure they are necessary. Lots of competive shooters shoot C-Mores at around 275 USD.

So reflex or tube, target or speed and quality or your questions to answer. also try the search function here, Lots of great discussions.

BTW, you live in a beautiful country, probably the most civil I have ever visited. I have bought several vintage airguns out of Denmark through Egun.de. And visited there in 1979 and 2005.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:10 PM
rkn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaston2 View Post
rkn, it comes down to what you intend to use it for. There are two basic types of red dots, reflex and tube type. If you are shooting at steel targets, rapid fire then reflx sights make more sense in say the 8 to 12 mil range. Look at webpages for a Burris FF3, 300+ US dollars, or a C-more or Vortex.

If you do more target shooting a 2 or 3 mill dot in a tube type makes more sense. A Bushnell TR-25 is a great buy at less than a 100 US I have a Holosun HS403GL, a 2 mill dot that I like. Nicely made, sturdy mount and Vortex makes some tube types too.

Go to Optics Planet http://www.opticsplanet.com/ Almost all makes and models with reviews and prices. I was reluctant to pay less that 200USD thinking you would not get good quality but the Bushnell 25 and my Holosun at 170 USD are fine for average grade shooter such as myself. I would not go lower. You can easily pay 4-500 but unless you are shooting competitively and constantly I am not sure they are necessary. Lots of competive shooters shoot C-Mores at around 275 USD.

So reflex or tube, target or speed and quality or your questions to answer. also try the search function here, Lots of great discussions.

BTW, you live in a beautiful country, probably the most civil I have ever visited. I have bought several vintage airguns out of Denmark through Egun.de. And visited there in 1979 and 2005.
Thanks. Super info

Yes Denmark is a Nice littel contry.

Old 04-29-2017, 03:08 PM
Florida Guy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've got this on 4 different pistols.
I think they're great value for the money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 04-29-2017, 07:23 PM
rep1954

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I've never been to keen on the tube style dots as they seem slow on aqusition and tunnel effect for me. I like a red dot that gives me the least obstructed vision. My favorite is the Fast Fire III by Burris used with a Burris dove tail mount. I fine a 3 MOA dot works well for me. At 50 yards it's a 1 1/2" dot a 3/4" dot at 25 yards.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:52 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like the C-More with a 12 minute dot for steel shooting. You can change the dot module to a 3 minute for bullseye work. I like the Allchin mount. Keeps the sight low.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:07 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For target shooting I have an Ultradot Matchdot sight on my Mark III Competition. Great sight. Solid construction. Also has an adjustable dot size from 2 to 8 MOA. They also make a less expensive standard model Ultradot with a fixed 4 MOA dot. A bit pricier than some options other but worth it IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2017, 04:50 AM
Rosebud22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bushnell TRS 25 is a good choice. Also check out offerings from Primary Arms.
I put a PA Red dot on my Buckmark and very pleased with it. It has held zero over 1000s of rounds. Other I have tried (forget the make), not so much.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:19 AM
rkn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bushnell TRS 25 is at a price on 307 $ her in Denmark🖓 But ewery thing is expensiv in the lillet country😣
I Will order One, to morrow.

Thanks to all of you.
RFC is the greates forum on the internet👍👍👍🍻🍻🍻