whats your favorite shotgun now? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:01 AM
Mockraw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Right now it is my Sauer Suhl 12 gauge side by side.
I do have a Sarasquetta 16 gauge side by side on its way, so we'll see what happens then

Sent fra min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2016, 07:35 AM
DDickie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Browning GTi Ultra Sporter S (purchased in the 1990s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2016, 09:36 AM
mrjohns
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Browning auto 5 that I got for Christmas when I was 16. I am now 67. I have never had one problem with it, and it has been fired many thousands of rounds..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 07-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Marines
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Probably my never-fired, once cleaned Rem. 11-87 12ga.; won it in a raffle. Mostly in to benchrest now. I did get to shoot my uncle's 12ga. Dbl-bbl in the 60's( probably made 20's-40's?). In high school we used to try both barrels at same time&see who would still be standing!!! Had to watch out for frt. trigger hitting your 2nd trigger finger!!
Old 07-22-2016, 06:10 PM
Marines
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Al- I love corpsman, they did a great job on my broken leg in s.e.asia in '71😍
Old 07-22-2016, 07:38 PM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beretta onyx o/u in 20 gage.
Browning sxs in 20 gage.

Although I do love my Benelli Montefeltro Silver in 12 gage.

Wouldn't mind a Franchi Fenice in 20 gage but my gun buying days are over. I have too many as it is. Been jonesing for an Omega Planet Ocean so I'm saving for that. Instead of having it locked in the safe most of the time , I can wear it all the time.
......Tom Petty
Old 07-22-2016, 09:05 PM
McWilliams

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The nod goes to my Ithaca SKB 200E 12 gauge, an old one. Short barrels, open bores, and it fits me like some custom stockmaker had built it to my measurements. I've had it since 1974, and I don't plan to ever say goodbye.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:48 PM
ctgmi

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
My was a SKB 280E up until my last birthday when the wife and kids bought me a Franchi 48AL Deluxe POW. My scores at the range improved, now just waiting for it's first hunting season.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:55 AM
DDickie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santafe402 View Post

You SCOPE your shotguns??!!!

Old 07-25-2016, 08:35 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDickie View Post
You SCOPE your shotguns??!!!
There are places that don't allow hunting with CF rifles (though some allow use of rifles chambered for handgun cartridges). They use shotguns with slugs instead.... and scope them for proper shot placement.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:38 AM
Squirrelhunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
There are places that don't allow hunting with CF rifles (though some allow use of rifles chambered for handgun cartridges). They use shotguns with slugs instead.... and scope them for proper shot placement.

I would assume the 870 in question is a rifled barrel version intended primarily for sabots based on the cantilever mount & lack or iron sights.

We have some areas in NH that are apparently shotgun-only districts regarding deer hunting, but in the northern region this isn't the case. I can see the rational in many areas where these requirements exist for using a scope rifled slug gun to stretch one's effective range; for 100-125 (maybe) yards and under, I would prefer the lower costs & greater built-in utility of using a smoothbore. With a true non-rifled "shotgun" you have greater ammo options at lower cost, and though I know of many folks who scope them with good results, I feel they are naturally suited to open sight work

Kind Regards,

~ SH ~
Old 07-25-2016, 02:28 PM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
I started with a plain Jane 870 that is still a favorite for use in foul weather and for hunting. But I shoot trap and sporting clays now, mostly because my son through 4H got hooked on it. He shoots a Lanber O/U and I've really enjoyed my CZ 712T. I shoot only 400-500 rounds of ammo a year through it, and though it's not a Beretta or Browing, it has been reliable and more than accurate enough to shatter the birds.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:50 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I went through several shotguns over the years until I was finally able to locate what really liked at a priced I could afford. An English style side lock side by side, made by Grulla Armas of Spain, Model 209E 12 gauge.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:42 AM
I6turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Shotguns are the most "personal" of all guns, IME. Either I connect with them, or I don't. Several have come and gone but I have two that I've had for many years, they fit me like they were made for me, and I've worked up custom loads for a variety of applications to maximize effectiveness in various shooting scenarios.

Remington 3200 26" w/ Modified and IC chokes
Savage Fox Model B 20 gauge, 26" w/ Modified and IC chokes (not a high-end gun but one of most satisfying I've ever owned)

A few years ago I picked up a Browning Auto 5, cut the barrel back to 18.25", replaced the lengthy factory recoil pad with a shorter one, had the chamber polished, forcing cone lengthened, and Sporting Clays screw-in chokes installed. Shortening the barrel transformed the gun handling wise, and the Auto 5 quality is evident every time you handle it. It has become a favorite lately because it's versatile and just fun to shoot.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:52 PM
DroopyBassets75
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Talking

Mine is my passed down by my Grandfather 1926 Winchester model 12, 24" barrel with polychoke modified after he returned from the Pacific in WW2, 12 gauge nickle steel barrel without a doubt. It makes my beloved early 870 Wingmaster feel cheap! From birds to deer to home defense, all areas are covered with 8 pounds of steel. Gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling