Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:17 PM
shirtz1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry88 View Post
I've had mine for quite a while, over six years for sure. I've had to replace the cylinder arm spring twice; no other problems. The bluing, if that's what it is, has worn off due to the holster, but I think it looks cool.

As if needing needing further evidence of my proletarianism, I paired it with a Henry H001.

Fortunately, I'm not smart enough to realize that I shouldn't be having fun shooting these in my back yard, as I should have gotten a Ruger and a JM stamped model 39.
All you need now is a cowboy hat, and you'll look like John Wayne. Welcome to the club.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:28 AM
whichfinger

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nice! Heritage and Henry are popular combinations. Bought my first two RRs in 07, have 5 total. Haven't had a problem with them. Got my Henry Frontier in 09 and my .22 Mag in 07. Great companions.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:46 AM
Ferox34

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Me too, me too.....

Got 2 RRs and 2 Henry levers too, Basic 22lr and 22 magnum. Give me a bushel of 22lr and mag ammo, these 4 guns and I can shoot forever!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2018, 12:11 PM
shirtz1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ferox, ya got me beat. 2RR's and one Henry lever. Now, if I can find a left side holster to match my RH holster, I'm set. Add the cowboy hat and just be cooool.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:33 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
My new favorites....

My new favorites are the 250.00 Ubertis. They look just like a real revolver. My Heritages look like revolvers too. My Rugers look like real revolvers as well. All my revolvers revolve. And they shoot. I like all my revolvers ! My Dan Wesson revolves too ! Oh...bang . Bang. See. See the cheap gun go bang ! The cheap guns bang like my high price guns. Oh what fun!

Last edited by gr8guns; 09-30-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:42 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
From what I read on the Heritage website, this model has a 4140 steel frame. The others are aluminum.

https://www.heritagemfg.com/product_...cfm?prod_id=20
Old 10-02-2018, 12:17 PM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The others are ZAMAK.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:28 PM
kirby999

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Well, when I pickup my latest Ruger Single Six this Saturday from my ffl , I’ll have five in my collection, all stainless .
I almost put up my Rough Riders for sale and realized even though they’re not the revolver my Rugers are , they are a lot of fun to shoot and have never let me down .
Kirby

Edit : UPDATE : Well , today I picked up my Ruger Blackhawk Bisley in 22lr on the way to the range . After a quick cleaning my first six shots were 12 o’clock , center of a 3” shoot n see dot . A little elevation adjustment and I at seven yards the Bisley took care of the center with everything I feed it .
After about an hour of shooting, I got out one of my Rough Riders and started to load it to shoot . I never finished loading the cylinder. I unloaded it and put it away . Just spinning the cylinder with all of the play convinced me I’d never be the same as I was before I bought my first Ruger Single action rimfire revolver .
Nothing wrong with the Rough Riders, it just that they’re not built like the Ruger . I have been spoiled .
I promise I won’t mean mouth the RR’s and they’ll always be remembered as the revolvers that opened the door for me into single actio fun shooting .
I boxed them up when I got home and next trip down to the range I’ll drop them off at my dealer and see what they’ll offer me for them . Kirby

Last edited by kirby999; 01-31-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:33 AM
USN-RET
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have a pair of RR and they suit US just fine!

My wife wanted something she could shoot all day without it killing her wrist (getting that arthritis pain) as all we had Revolver style was a Colt Trooper MKIII and a Ruger GP-100, both in .357mag. We looked at a Heritage Rough Rider with a 6.5" barrel and Hiviz adjustable sights for her and she LOVES it! It is extremely accurate and even shooting Magnums using the other cylinder she can keep on plugging away at the 10 ring.

We also started our youngest Grandson shooting (9 years old) and tried the Walther P22 we had but he would "limp-wrist" it all the time and his accuracy showed.... so we bought him a Rough Rider with a 4.75" barrel and he does so much better and it also slows him down a bit so he can enjoy the shooting. Indoors he's pretty good hitting the paper near the BULL but "prefers" to go to the outdoor range and CLANG the gong as he calls it.

Either way both Revolvers have worked flawlessly with over 4,000 rounds through the 6.5" model and were getting close to 2,000 rounds through the other. Can't beat the price either for a nice "Plinking" gun with accuracy. $170 & $105 respectively.

Pull the Trigger, it goes BANG - Good gun, hit the target, Better gun
Old 02-23-2019, 10:15 PM
kirby999

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I kept the one with the white grips and have ordered an engraved cylinder for it . Ordered a mag cylinder for it too . Kirby
Old 03-06-2019, 10:09 PM
Roadracer_Al

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWolf View Post
From what I read on the Heritage website, this model has a 4140 steel frame. The others are aluminum.
It says the cylinder is steel, and the chassis is aluminum alloy.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:16 PM
Roadracer_Al

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I tried to find a 6.5" 9-round with adjustable sights, but didn't have any luck.

I'm a pretty fair home machinist, and would like to install adjustable sights on my Rough Rider.

A couple of questions: first, I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could post some close up pix of the rear sight arrangement.

Second, any idea of the MFG of the sight?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-07-2019, 02:15 AM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
May be easier to just drill/tap for a weaver base and then mount what you wiill............
Old 03-07-2019, 07:25 AM
whichfinger

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Not a good idea on an alloy frame the size of the Rough Rider.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:27 AM
whichfinger

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadracer_Al View Post
I tried to find a 6.5" 9-round with adjustable sights, but didn't have any luck.

I'm a pretty fair home machinist, and would like to install adjustable sights on my Rough Rider.

A couple of questions: first, I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could post some close up pix of the rear sight arrangement.

Second, any idea of the MFG of the sight?

Thanks in advance!
Just heard on the Rough Rider forum that Heritage just released a batch of 9-rounders. Check Gallery of Guns.