Old 03-10-2014, 10:15 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Simple..PlainJane..

Not a thing wrong with plain. This rifle reminds me of where all this started. Knowing Chaser it is a shooter. Practical rifles have their place too. Good to see you here Chaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk

Last edited by Vincent; 11-03-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:12 AM
trimguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
This is my Silver Kidd. I built this one a couple of years ago, and have changed it around many times.

This one is sold to a friend of mine. I am still getting parts in to finish it but I put it together to test it out. Kidd Ultra Light threaded barrel Ruger 1968 receiver. This one will be shot suppressed most of the time.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:41 AM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to rigrat
First I would like to say I'm glad they made this forum. I think there are some fine looking rifles in here.

Here is the only one I ever had that would have fit into this category. She was a special run of GM barrels , a 1" running bore with the end of it at 1.25" if I remember correctly. Wish I still had the barrel, but don't really regret trading her as she went to Rico and I got Rico's Piglet barrel.

This is the only pic of piglet in a stock that I have. I still haven't been able to get into setting her up since the passing of Rico. I guess I really need to get it done.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ithought you had Piglet. This is the .920 Running Boar turned down to meet the SuperStock barrel rule. I almost did one like it for my new build "Pretty Groovy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 03-11-2014, 12:51 PM
rokehe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
I had a sneaky suspicion that more than a few charter members of super stock had a fat barreled rifle they didn't talk about.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:56 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to rigrat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Ithought you had Piglet. This is the .920 Running Boar turned down to meet the SuperStock barrel rule. I almost did one like it for my new build "Pretty Groovy".

Yes I traded the big running bore for her not long before Rico passed away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokehe View Post
I had a sneaky suspicion that more than a few charter members of super stock had a fat barreled rifle they didn't talk about.

No, I had one but not anymore. I am thinking though if I ever build another 10/22 having a virgin one left in the gun cabinet, I may just go this route. You guys have presented some mighty fine rifles in this thread.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I've posted this in the Ultimate section a few years ago but I think it belongs here too.

EK's Factory Second

This rifle has a Clerke barrel, VQ trigger guts, and I bedded the Weaver mount to the receiver for Burris Signature rings. I polished the bolt for smooth functioning and it has a simple nylon recoil buffer. The trigger breaks very smooth and the Mueller 8.5-25x TAC scope is on the big end for what could be a squirrel rifle but I didn't have more on hand while putting together some .22s for a trip, as it was photographed. Hey it still works.

The stock started life as a Factory Second special from Numrich that I've worked over, one of several I bought while they were available. I added the ebony tip and steel grip cap, re-shaped the fore-end, grip, and wrist areas for improved looks and feel. Look closely and you can see the sides of the fore-end are slightly angled up so it feels like a fingergroove without looking like it. I inlaid an ebony diamond under the front swivel stud, and finished it with spar urethane applied by hand. It's bedded with Devcon and an aluminum pillar (you can see the screw head sticking out before I countersunk the pillar for it), and the barrel channel is lined with carbon fiber.

The one time I shot paper with this setup was sighting it in using a feed sack and bale of hay (on a farm) and didn't snap pics but it shot groups at 50 yards with Winchester Super-X 37 gr. hollowpoints that I could cover with a quarter. I still intend to checker this stock and redo the finish so it is 100% complete (looks naked without checkering now!) and will give it a full benchrest workout then.

Last edited by ek-marlin-424; 03-11-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:55 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
sweet...trimguy, I really like the colors here
Old 06-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Rkingk75

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My first build,late 80s

I first put this together in the late 80s, first with a Volquartsen barrel. It had first shot issues, I got tired of that and put a 20 in GM on it a few years ago. Other than that unchanged in close to 25 years. A little heavy for the woods ,but I use it when the leaves are off an shots are 65 yards or so.Nuthin real special, truoiled DSP bedded with pillar and pad. Trigger is 3lb and crisp. Back in the day, I lightened the bolt spring to get reliable with RWS Sub HPs . Still there and running fine. Learned about the mag setup the hard way before there was a Rimfire Central! Have not done bolt work on this one as it seems fine. Gun was a used 1984 DSP I gave 150$ for in a local shop. Found out why it was cheap, factory barrel was a rattle fit in action. That is what lead to the build! Did the stock cause he wood was to nice to hide under the "mud".
Thats a Burris 4x mini in the pic. Has a 6x Leo compact now.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:20 PM
PinkVapor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Crackedcornish,
What barrel is that, and is it a carbon fiber tension tube?
Old 10-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Cplfly
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 2000 Target, I'm very happy the way it shoots.
Brimestone Tier 1
KIDD bolt
KIDD charging assembly
Mueller 4.5-14x40 AO APT,W/KIDD base
barrel floated, chamber reworked
VQ mag release
receiver polished,tape bedded
Harris bi-pod
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Cplfly; 05-28-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:18 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkVapor View Post
Crackedcornish,
What barrel is that, and is it a carbon fiber tension tube?
sorry..just saw this today

it's a Volquartsen THM with the carbon sleeve and black ends
Old 12-15-2014, 11:21 AM
SwampF0X

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)

This was one of my first builds. I no longer have this configuration but I'm thinking about making a copy, but in 17hm2. And a better trigger job than the VQ hammer this one had.

This one sports a 16.5" GM fluted barrel. Can't remember the parts list. It was sold long ago.

This one had a Tuck painted stock and a Whistle Pig barrel. It was sweet but it got sold just like the others.

swampf0x

Last edited by SwampF0X; 12-15-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:28 PM
spud9
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Well I guess my new build is considered a Super Stock so here it is.

I took an old beat up carbine and turned it into a finger groove with teak on the forend, butt and grip. Then did some of my own renovations.... It has a Whistling Pig Octo 20" barrel. I want to get it out to the range to see how it does before I start messin' with it.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:26 PM
mgmer
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Here is my SuperSport Heavy. Volquartsen running boar barrel, Que bolt, Brimstone trigger, Leupold 3.5-10 Adj Obj, Ruger receiver & factory Walnut stock, glass bedded with pillar. It loves Wolf.

Monroe

Last edited by mgmer; 03-02-2015 at 08:15 PM.