Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:49 PM
drewerts
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bl-22

I purchased new; probably less than 100 rounds through the pipe. No trigger work.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:23 PM
anotherone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BL22 Trigger Pull

BL22
Grade II
New - Purchased 09-11-2016 but never fired because of trigger pull
Terrible - cleaned, oiled, greased and operated mechanism 100's of times
I thought it was beginning to get somewhat lighter, but I purchased a Lyman electronic trigger pull gauge; and it actually matched my purchase date.

9# 11oz - I will have it worked on when I find a competent gunsmith. I do not have the expertise to work on it, but I'll never fire it in its current condition. I have several Ruger 10/22's and Henry's. Actually, I have a Crickett I would rather shoot.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:27 PM
TerrierCarrier
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice thread. I have 2 BL-22s

One purchased new, the other a used $100 gun store find. The gun store find is a well used rifle, the finish is shot with light surface rust on the receiver, lever, and barrel. But for $100, it is a great buy for a desert plinker.

Both rifles are shot as they came with no attempt made to improve trigger pulls. Both have uncounted 1000s of rounds through them. No difference in accuracy can be identified between the two. The older rifle does not have a gold Browning buck on the underside of the trigger guard, the newer rifle does.

The new rifle has much nicer wood than the older rifle. The old stock is very plain, the new rifle has some nice curl to the walnut in the butt stock.

1971: 71B579xx
3# 8oz trigger pull

2001: 026xxMZ242
5# trigger pull

Sorry, no photos.

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2017, 09:32 PM
284wahoo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Is there a prize for the roughest looking BL-22 in this thread? Just started another thread to introduce us, so I won't turn over all that ground again here. I'll just say, it's new to me, and a work in progress.

- S/N = 70F(or P)XXXXXX
- Patent Pending
- Trigger pull (dry) = 5.0 Lb.s, no perceptible creep, very crisp.

While this rifle looks well worn on the surface, I suspect it's from someone's handy work at stripping the blue, and it seems to not have been shot a whole lot. The bore looks so good, with the rifling super sharp. Inside of the action does not show hardly any rubbing marks. Main spring is VERY heavy. Hammer face does not show much wear. Firing pin face does not look polished.

So what are the common flags that point to high use on a BL-22 anyways?

Last edited by 284wahoo; 01-16-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:19 PM
gokyo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My BL-22 bought march 2018

The trigger pull measures 4 lbs 2 oz

It has a about 50 rounds.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:11 PM
DLS
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 284wahoo View Post
...So what are the common flags that point to high use on a BL-22 anyways?

Other than a high area of polish on the top to of the bolt (due to wear) my BL-22 looks pretty much brand new. I was gifted this rifle in the mid '70s and it has had countless bricks of ammo fired through it.

I have been fastidious in it's care (my first rifle after all) but even so you would expect to see some bluing wear on the lever and trigger, but it's not there.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:18 AM
Seaweed02

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My BL22

Brand New in 2019. It is a BL-22 Micro Midas that I bought for teaching my grandson how to shoot. It is very nicely built but the trigger right out of the box was 7.4 pounds. Too much for my grandson. So I followed This thread and actually contributed to it by including a couple of links to YouTube Videos that gave instructions on how to disassemble the rifle, install a spring kit, and reassemble the rifle. Now my rifle has a 4.2 pound trigger.

Here is the link to the old thread that I followed and then contributed to. My contributions are on Page 4 of this thread which was started by member OldWolf.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=826922
Old 07-06-2019, 03:41 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased a Browning BL-22 G2 in March of '18. Very pleased with the appearance of the rifle and the working of the action. The trigger pull was still off the scale of my Wheeler gage (8# max) after about 500 rounds. Luckily I found the thread by OldWolf about the trigger tuning kit, got one and installed it. Trigger is now 5# exactly and crisp. Excellent trigger for field use.
Thanks OldWolf for the outstanding thread.
Edit....
After a bit of further tinkering the pull is down to 3# 12oz.

Last edited by jcp1300; 07-09-2019 at 07:10 PM.