Miscellaneous ramblings...Kudos to MidwayUSA! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:47 AM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Smile Miscellaneous ramblings...Kudos to MidwayUSA!

Having decided I will keep my handsome CZ 455, after a satisfying sight-in and 50 yard accuracy range session, during which I discovered my 10-22 and MK II will devour anything from High Velocity Winchester and CCI MiniMag down to target subsonic!
I ordered several types of ammunition I have been wanting to test in all my rifles From good ol' Larry Potterfield. ?Larry Potterfield...Harry Potter??? But, I digress...

Local LGS and Wally world in my part of the universe don't carry them, except seemingly on a semi-annual basis, during the dark of the Moon!

I got some SK Standard +, CCI suppressed 45 gr. Subsonic, CCI Quiet segmented, and some RWS Subsonic LHP.
I Want to see if they will equal the discontinued Winchester 40 gr HP Subsonic I still have a couple of bricks of. It will also be interesting to see if the 10-22 will cycle fully with the Quiet. It will with .22 Short HP.

Plenty for now and a summer's range visits. Whilst I was at it, I got some Splatter targets so I could see where and how big my groups may be. An iffy thing at 80 with no spotting scope!

I used the Free shipping over $49...otherwise, the cost of my small order would have been prohibitive. That's worth waiting for!
Old 06-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Midway can have its advantages!
Old 06-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Arrowhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 10/22 won't cycle with the quites. Shooting from a good rest off a steady bench and cycling it by hand the groups are so poor I don't care about the cycling. Out of four rifles that give good accuracy with LR ammo my groups with quites was very poor with each. I'm talking eight inch or more groups at 25 yards.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its a hot high 80s here after a spring/summer average of 55ishº. Climatize queek or die.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:39 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
My 10/22 won't cycle with the quites. Shooting from a good rest off a steady bench and cycling it by hand the groups are so poor I don't care about the cycling. Out of four rifles that give good accuracy with LR ammo my groups with quites was very poor with each. I'm talking eight inch or more groups at 25 yards.
Don't know which you tried but there is now a CCI Quiet Semi-Auto with 45 gr bullet at 835 fps. So far it has run all of the .22lr semi-autos I've tried it in and with good to excellent accuracy.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:09 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Don't know which you tried but there is now a CCI Quiet Semi-Auto with 45 gr bullet at 835 fps. So far it has run all of the .22lr semi-autos I've tried it in and with good to excellent accuracy.
I'm gonna have to look for that one!
Old 06-09-2019, 09:51 AM
STEEL SHOOTER
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thumbs up +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem-E View Post
Midway can have its advantages!
I trade with Midway a lot, good people.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:25 PM
toomanyguns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently bought some SK Standard + from Midway. I had it on my wish list and ordered it when I saw that it was on sale. I almost always have at least $49 in an order and so the free shipping was nice especially with the fast shipping that Midway provides. I order more from Midway than anywhere else.

The SK Standard + has proved to be very accurate in everything I've tried it in and it is very reasonably priced. I would rate it as being (maybe) just a little better than CCI SV.

I really like Larry's videos on gunsmithing.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:36 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
On a more serious note I too am a Larry fan. Kudos to Larry for a very successful business.