Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:54 PM
Brittman
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Changing grips on a Tomcat .32ACP...?

I intend to change the plastic grips on my Beretta Tomcat pistol soon to a wooden set. Is there anything to be careful of when changing them?

I thought I read somewhere that it was best to put it in a plastic bag due to possibly losing a screw or...while changing a set?

IF anyone knows anything I should watch out for, I would appreciate it ahead of time.

Thanks!

Brittman
Old 05-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Pete44ru
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
85% (9)

You might want to consider experimenting prior to buying/changing from the issue plastic grips.

While no parts went flying when I swapped mine out, I shortly found out that aftermarket grips for the small Beretta's were enough larger/wider/thicker than the issue grip to make holstering/concealment much more difficult, if not impossible.

YMMV, but the aftermarket grips I bought remain in my parts bin for just that reason.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:58 PM
Brittman
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pete44ru,

Thank you for your comments - much appreciated! The new set of wooden grips I'm looking at now are from Beretta - on their Internet site. They may however, be wider and if they are, MAY not fit into my current leather holster..? Hmm...?

I will have to reconsider the purchase now. Thank you once again for your input on my question!

Brittman