BX trigger - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:21 PM
jkingrph
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcutch View Post
You have all been great with your replies. Thanks. I've been looking into this, and if my trigger sucks, I will probably go for the Kidd single stage, as I also like the idea of the aluminum housing and I can be assured that I'll get a decent one without first trying it.

Like you I prefer the aluminum trigger housings. I have the Pike Arms/Tactical Innovations on all of my guns. Three have Kidd trigger kits installed. When I built up the last two I compared prices of getting the Kidd kit and other required parts vs getting a BX trigger and swapping it over to the Pike Arms housing. The BX won out price wise by a fair amount so that is what I did. One is the equal of the Kidd units, the other has just a faint amount of creep, only noticeable if you are shooting off a bench. The gun it is in is a M 1 Carbine look alike, strickly a carry around plinker so no big deal. Oh, one other thing, the BX trigger is plastic, and wanting to stay all metal, Pike arms has an all aluminum trigger specifically for the BX so I installed those also.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:07 PM
timtaylor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A fellow by the name of Larry McGill is reworking 1022 triger groups. I bought one. Sent him my oem group and $65.00 for a very nice 1.75# trigger.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:55 PM
PinkVapor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
You have all been great with your replies. Thanks. I've been looking into this, and if my trigger sucks, I will probably go for the Kidd single stage, as I also like the idea of the aluminum housing and I can be assured that I'll get a decent one without first trying it.
I'm very pleased with the $100 Kidd trigger.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:05 PM
NHcollector

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
50+ years of 10/22s and they still haven't figured out hot to make an even sorta OK trigger for it. Is the design inherently bad? I've had a lot of 10/22s over the years, they come and go. Some have had nice stocks, I have a special run of International rifle that has a beautiful stock, but the triggers are always disappointing. And now the whole trigger group housing is plastic, another disappointment. A shame they never got it right.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:07 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtaylor View Post
A fellow by the name of Larry McGill is reworking 1022 triger groups. I bought one. Sent him my oem group and $65.00 for a very nice 1.75# trigger.

A link to this gent would be most helpful.

Merci!
Old 05-16-2019, 07:12 PM
Stargazer
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BX trigger in a Ruger 10/22 Target Model

I have a Ruger 10/22 Target model and I have replaced the trigger assy with a Ruger BX trigger. In my opinion it was worth it to replace the Target trigger with the BX. I now have a better trigger than the original for $55.00
Old 05-16-2019, 07:27 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHcollector View Post
And now the whole trigger group housing is plastic, another disappointment. A shame they never got it right.
Don't be disappointed, the new "plastic" trigger group housing is significantly more precise than the metal housing it replaced. Metal is not always superior to plastic.

Ruger's factory triggers err on the side of safety and caution which is why they are still heavy. They won't take on the liability of a very light trigger pull, particularly in a semi-auto.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:02 PM
Fundy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I found the BX a big improvement over the stock one in my stainless International 10/22. Crisp, and light. Almost too light since there's no take-up. Actually, I'd like a two-stage trigger like the one Accuracy Systems did on my Mini-14.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0221.JPG (115.8 KB, 281 views)
Old 05-18-2019, 04:59 PM
timtaylor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Larry McGill contact info.
[email protected]
Old 05-27-2019, 09:05 AM
rcutch

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update! Finally picked up the rifle from my dealer. Nice unit. Trigger not horrible but definitely not what my expectations would be for a target trigger. I just ordered a Kidd single stage whole unit set at 1.5 lbs. I also ordered a Kidd recoil spring/guide/bolt release combo. All items on sale.

I am ordering a set of Leupold mounts and have decided to try my 1980's vintage Japan manufactured Tasco 1.5-5X airgun scope on the rifle. The optics are crystal clear and it has a very fine crosshair.

Then off to the range.....:-)
Old 05-28-2019, 03:48 PM
az224

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
BX Trigger

Quote:
I just purchased a 10/22 target HB. This rifle will be used for informal and formal target shooting. Natchez has the BX trigger assembly on sale for 60 bucks. In your opinion, is this a useful addition? I haven't picked up my rifle yet, so I don't have a feel on what the trigger is like, and don't know expectations. Thanks!

Randy

The BX trigger is OK for the money, mine has a fair amount of creep and is a little spongy, but the creep is pretty consistent so for me it's OK. If you want a clean, crisp trigger for get the BX trigger though.

If Ruger made the BX trigger clean and crisp it wouldn't be good for them because that would raise consumer expectations and Ruger is firmly committed to manufacturing firearms with mediocre, lawyer proof triggers.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:45 AM
917M2Sfan

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by az224 View Post
The BX trigger is OK for the money, mine has a fair amount of creep and is a little spongy, but the creep is pretty consistent so for me it's OK. If you want a clean, crisp trigger for get the BX trigger though.

If Ruger made the BX trigger clean and crisp it wouldn't be good for them because that would raise consumer expectations and Ruger is firmly committed to manufacturing firearms with mediocre, lawyer proof triggers.
^^^^ True words ^^^^

Ruger could easily install BX triggers on all the 10/22s for little or no additional cost, but that would take away the revenue stream they receive by selling the BX triggers as after-market options. Ruger 10/22s are ala-cart guns that you basically buy for a base to build on.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:43 AM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Actually Ruger is doing a CYA. Build it with a heavy trinnger because they don't need the liability of a light trigger. Once the gun has been modified, the liability is on the owner, so the BX trigger is now on a modified gun. Pretty much, all the gun manufacturer's do it to a certain extent.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:14 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
IMHO, if you want to improve a stock 1022, and don’t want to try your luck diy, it’s the best $50 you can spend. And yes that’s why they sell it, to make money.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:03 PM
Red Cent

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://hawktecharms.com/power-custo...justable-sear/

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=122386

and polish.