Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:33 AM
shoothog
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
TX22 sights worthless

Recently acquired a TX22 and quite happy about almost everything. Able to function with any ammo I've tried so far. Ergonomics have great feel and comfort even for girlfriend with small hands. 16 Rds a plus.

After all the good things Taurus built into this gun.

THE SIGHTS SUCK.

Don't understand after building a completely new pistol why the sights are an afterthought. Need jewelers screwdriver to adjust. So much pretravel and backlash is movement. Elevation is a total joke, would not hold elevation after adjustment and firing one round. I have a 50 year old Daisy air pistol with better sights. Taurus really missed the target with this (pun intended).

Seems to be a great gun but having to spend another $80 or so for decent sights makes it not such a bargain.

Last edited by shoothog; 05-08-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:47 AM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothog View Post
Recently acquired a TX22 and quite happy about almost everything. Able to function with any ammo I've tried so far. Ergonomics have great feel and comfort even for girlfriend with small hands. 16 Rds a plus.

After all the good things Taurus built into this gun.

THE SIGHTS SUCK.

Don't understand after building a completely new pistol why the sights are an afterthought. Need jewelers screwdriver to adjust. So much pretravel and backlash is movement. Elevation is a total joke. I have a 50 year old Daisy air pistol with better sights. Taurus really missed the target with this (pun intended).

Seems to a great gun but having to spend another $80 or so for decent sights makes it not such a bargain.
That was one of my "constructive criticisms" to designer Jason Pittman recently.

I told him I thought the rear sight was not up to the same level of quality as the rest of the gun - so at least they have heard about it.

I also sent him a quote from another forum member that was also having issues with it.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:24 PM
rws53

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My original rear sight had no "clicks" and would not hold an elevation setting... when firing the gun the sight would drop to its lowest setting. Taurus sent me a replacement...it too would not hold elevation adjustment.

I recently sent my TX back to Taurus for a second time with barrel issues and I also requested another sight....we'll see if they come through on both problems

Old 06-05-2019, 12:02 PM
Imaposer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hmmm... Mine seems to work just fine. I had seen some reviews of not enough elevation adjustment, along with some aftermarket options for new front sights to address this. So, I was prepared to do the swap if needed. But, mine came out of the box pretty much spot on for the range that I tend to use the gun for. The smallest bit in my Weaver screwdriver set fits the adjustment screws perfectly although I didn't have to use it. Just checked for fit...

And I have seen some complaints about the rear sight mounting screw coming loose, so I loctited it straight away to prevent an issue.

While perhaps not the "best" sights available, for this guns purpose, I actually like the sights quite a bit. With that said, I only have a bit over 400 rounds through the gun so far. If I start having issues holding zero I'll come back and update my opinion. But so far... no complaints with anything on this gun at all.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:37 AM
TheCZKid
GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree the sights could be better, and just ordered a fiber optic front sight to replace the stock dot. I saw it in a YouTube review, and itís from Lakeline LLC, $19.99, plus they have a Magazine Speed loader for $9.95 which they claim is better and faster than the stock one. We shall see, both just ordered.
Any suggestions on where to get extra 16 round mags. Only place I found in stock is direct from Taurus full pop on price & shipping.