Old 03-01-2019, 12:22 PM
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Good news from Taurus !!

They have now put the lifetime warranty back on their line !!! TX22 buyers are

covered !!!!

This is good news for Taurus and buyers. !!

Now I can buy my 992 !!
Old 03-01-2019, 12:32 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where did you see/hear that?
Old 03-01-2019, 12:36 PM
GladesGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got the same email from Taurus. It is a limited warranty only applies to the original buyer and you have 30 days to register or it reverts to 1 year warranty. The biggest problem is warranty SERVICE which is HORRIBLE!! That unfortunately has not gotten any better. Just ask anyone that has had to send a firearm in to them.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:38 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I didn't get the email, but here it is -

"We are excited to announce the implementation of the new Taurus Limited Lifetime Warranty. In developing this policy, we incorporated feedback received from our dedicated handgun owners and enthusiasts, based on what they wanted to see in a handgun warranty. Our customers will be pleased to learn the following Taurus handguns, previously covered under a one-year warranty, will now be covered under a Limited Lifetime Warranty:

Taurus G2c, G2s, TH series, Taurus TX22, 1911 Commander, 1911 Officer, Taurus Spectrum, Raging Hunter, 856, and 692 revolvers.

The new Taurus Limited Lifetime Warranty policy warrants to the original purchaser that the firearm was made free of defects in material, function, and workmanship, and promises that Taurus will remedy any defect in material, function, or workmanship for the entire time the original purchaser owns the firearm. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the firearm upon successful and timely warranty activation and is not transferable to subsequent firearm owners. To activate this warranty, original purchasers must complete the warranty registration process online at https://warranty.taurususa.com or call Taurus at (800) 327-3776 within thirty (30) days of the purchase date. If activation of the Limited Lifetime Warranty does not take place, a one-year warranty will be in effect.

Original purchasers of a Taurus firearm covered by a one-year warranty will be pleased to learn their firearm will be covered under this new Limited Lifetime Warranty. No further action is required, except retaining the original purchase receipt for future warranty services."

Online registration of s/n is required - https://warranty.taurususa.com/
Old 03-01-2019, 03:14 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I have had two sent in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladesGuy View Post
I got the same email from Taurus. It is a limited warranty only applies to the original buyer and you have 30 days to register or it reverts to 1 year warranty. The biggest problem is warranty SERVICE which is HORRIBLE!! That unfortunately has not gotten any better. Just ask anyone that has had to send a firearm in to them.
I have sent in two. One was a G2C, it wouldn't fire right out of the box.

I got it serviced and back, good to go no problem. I just got back a TH9C today I

sent in for a bad barrel. They replaced the barrel, and in the process, they

buggered up the slide, with a 1/2 inch long scrape, 3/16 of an inch wide, all the

way through the anodizing on the right hand side of the slide, in front of the

ejection port. They sent me a tag, off it goes again tomorrow. They have the

repair center for the Heritage revolvers there too, when I called about my

TH9C, they pulled up information about a steel framed Heritage I sent in

that looked like it had been dragged behind a truck. It was scratched to

the bare metal in several places. Buying on line has its ups and downs.

I am curious as to how these to repair experiences will turn out.

I don't know if Taurus is going to grandfather in what people have purchased

since the warranty went to one year, as they state that if the firearm is not

registered in 30 days, then you have a one year warranty. I will call about

that and see what the answer is. If they don't, then people that bought

over 30 days ago will get to BOHICA. To be continued.

Last edited by gr8guns; 03-01-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:01 PM
GladesGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Your experience with Taurus repairs jives with everything I have heard. Basically, if you get lucky they will send you back a repaired item in reasonably good shape in a reasonable length of time. In the majority of cases, however, you will either wait forever and eventually get back A) an unrepaired firearm they tell you is "fine"; or B) get back a firearm where they have actually created more damage. When I first thought of getting a Taurus revolver I thought having the repair center in the Miami area where I live would be a plus. I called them to confirm that if I got one of their revolvers and had a problem I could come by and drop it off for repair. They responded as if I had insulted their closest relative. Basically, they told me that under no circumstances was I to come within a mile of their facility Consequently, I assume what they run in that facility is a forced labor camp that makes a Pyongyang prison look like a 5 star hotel on the French Riviera. No wonder the personnel are so surly!I heard recently they are moving their "facility" to rural southern Georgia where they can take advantage of a chain gang labor force.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:11 AM
rem33
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I called them about a Spectrum that jams, they pretty much told me so what..shoot it 3 or 400 rounds and see if that fixes it,, WHAT A JOKE!
I wonder if mods here at RC will pull this post like they did the Thread on the subject I started..
Apparently we can't tell the truth about Taurus customer service here

Last edited by rem33; 03-24-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So the g2c that I bought with a one year warranty has a lifetime warranty as long as I have the sales receipt? And I. Donít have to register now?
Old 03-25-2019, 08:30 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
my only warranty contact with taurus

about 5 years ago I bought a used 1993 Taurus 4" stainless mdl 94 at my LGS, a trade in. 99%, I paid $150.00 . after I got home I discovered while cleaning it, most of the times I cocked the hammer the cylinder would not revolve ! LGS sent it back to Taurus for me, it was back in 2.5 weeks, repaired and working perfectly! I swear they did a action job on it, the SA/DA trigger pulls are amazing, light and smooth, which they were not when I bought it ! later years I bought a new 941 2"blue in .22 magnum , it was terrible, trigger pulls were both terrible, I traded it off quick.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:48 AM
hntr58

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, bought a Raging Bull from them many years ago......when they first came out....what a horrible revolver.....timing of the cylinder was so far off the gun was spitting lead out the side when fired!......sent it back and it took forever to get it returned .....they fixed the timing but it never really shot very well......I was hesitant to ever but another gun from them.....I did buy the new T22...I called about the lifetime warranty.......they did say it was covered to original owner but they were very adamant that I better keep the sales receipt of forget the warranty.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:54 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I only had one experience with Taurus service. It was on a little Poly 22 and my experience was quite positive. I got a return label, sent it in and received it back repaired in 10 days. They had a website at that time that you could track your firearm to see at what stage of the repair process that it was in. This was probably maybe 7 years ago.