Quote:
Originally Posted by hamden
I just called Winchester
F299xx 1972
F1578xx 1974
Both these are Long Rifle
Old 12-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Jackz
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Monday I'm going to call Winchester and see if they can help somehow on this list even it's only the starting number for the first couple years.
There are a LOT of years to cover!!

Regards, Jack
Old 12-10-2005, 09:19 AM
AK
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackz
Monday I'm going to call Winchester and see if they can help somehow on this list even it's only the starting number for the first couple years.
There are a LOT of years to cover!!

Regards, Jack

That would be excellent Jackz. There are a whole lot of years to be filled. When I called up to get the info for my rifles the guy on the other end seemed like I was wasting his time.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ak..
Hmmm..
When I called, I spoke with a young woman who shoots and seemed to be "one of us" as we spent some time talking guns! and shooting. After I hung up it dawned on me I should have taken her name!! Oh well..hind sight again!

Maybe I'll luck out??

Regards, Jack
Old 12-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just got off the phone with Winchester...

First off you get a recording of Happy Holidays! I thought that was a Very nice touch!!

Spoke with a nice young lad.. he wouldn't be able to give me any starting serial numbers for specific years, only a year for a specific serial number.
(He enjoys shooting his 9422!)

BUT.....

In the Spring of 2006, Winchester will have dates of manuf for the 94XX series on their home Web Site, along with many/some of the older models!!!
(They are compiling the information as we speak!)

Regards, Jack
Old 12-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Gobblerforge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I don't know if this helps. I have a 9422 .22 L-LR Jakes carbine. Dated 2001. Might have been built in 2000? Serial #JK108XX. The gentlman at Winchester said I have to talk to the historian but he won't be back untill monday. I'll try to remember to report. Brad
Old 12-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gobblerforge..
I for one am intrigued by "Jakes Carbine"! Could you please explain what that is all about? The serial number (JK108XX) doesn't seem to fall into the 94XX series of starting with an "F".
Perhaps it was a distributor, "???Jake??" that had a run made to their specifications???
Thank You!

Regards, Jack
Old 12-15-2005, 05:28 PM
AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Great news Jackz. It's about time they started something like that on their website.

Never heard of a Jakes Carbine before and the serial number certainly doesn't fit with the rest. Can you tell us more about the rifle or better yet, post a pic.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Gobblerforge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jakes

This is tough. I'm not computer friendly. I don't know anything as to how many were made or any info at all. The gun has had some issues and shows marks and such. Please don't judge too quickly. There is a long story behind it that's not been told. Back in 2001 I started to build my dream log home project with my wife and 20 year old son Doug by building the garage first. Took the whole year. As I don't believe in charging or paying family for help, at the end of summer, I took my son who stated more than once he would like to have a lever 22 to the sport shop. I told him to pick one out and after 1 hour and 20+ guns it was down to the Henry or the Winchester. The grooved reciever was the deciding factor. In 02 we built the house and again back to the sport shop for the Hawkin he had been looking at. The monday before Thanksgiving 02 he was killed in an accident with a train. The gun was in the truck with him. The truck was in three main pieces afterwards, the gun was not. The wood was gone and some bent and broken parts but my best friend said it could be fixed. I told him to replace anything gone or broke but to leave the marks. I don't know the whole story but he said winchester didn't bill him for the wood and parts. I don't know. So now the gun is mine and will someday go to my grandson, Dougs nephew, who was born one year after Doug died. The lyman sight was one my friend had and put on for me. This made it mine now and I shoot it regularly. There is a warmth to it that only I can feel. Thanks for listening, Brad
Old 12-16-2005, 09:28 AM
MinMAN
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Forever

Gobblerforge, I'm not going to say anything that you have not heard through the deepest sympathy which has already expressed to you. I am glad that you restored the gun to usable condition and recognize the significance of the things that bond us together for eternity. Thank you for sharing that thought, it has brought me to share in your sorrow, and at the same time, enriched my soul in a way I can't describe.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:42 AM
toivo

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
The serial number on that Jakes rifle starts with JK because it's a special run. The 9422's that CDNN is selling now are a special run too, and have serial numbers starting with TX, which I think is for Texas, where CDNN is located.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gobblerforge..
I would like to express my condolences. Thank you for sharing a painful experience.

Regards, Jack
Old 12-16-2005, 01:10 PM
AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I wish there was a good story behind that rifle, you have my deepest sympathy.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AK..
I am getting a feeling that the manufacurers are starting to listen to their customers. There has been a woman from Marlin that has asked questions on various boards.
Wouldn't it be something if Anthony Imperato of Henry started this!!

Regards, Jack
Old 12-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toivo
The serial number on that Jakes rifle starts with JK because it's a special run. The 9422's that CDNN is selling now are a special run too, and have serial numbers starting with TX, which I think is for Texas, where CDNN is located.
toivo..
Thank you for the heads up!
Would you know any links to the "Jake" so that we could see the specs on it. I found CDNN's site but they don't even mention firearms...maybe I didn't click on the right link??

I wonder if Winchester's new serial number list will include these special runs??

Regards, Jack