Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:03 AM
BadaBing11
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I forgot to mention, the nylon tipped screw does not interfere with takedown and does not mar the receiver . Thanks JCP.

Smoothtrigger thanks for the pms. I'm very happy with the 3x9!
Old 08-24-2018, 02:18 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up Looking Good!

Now go have some fun. With the best little 22 sa ever made. God bless John Browning.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:50 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
More than happy to have helped.

Enjoy!

Smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2018, 08:39 PM
sicumj
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Take the nylon screw out. It's not needed. That screw will change your vertical impact. The weaver mount will place your scope too far forward as is documented in the photo by Toomany22s on page 4.

Last edited by sicumj; 08-24-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:39 PM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Now go have some fun. With the best little 22 sa ever made. God bless John Browning.
You are spot on . I have more accurate 22s, but this one is the most fun to shoot . First time out I got 1" at 50 yards. Different ammo may improve it.

Interestingly enough , it did better at 100 yards than any of my rifles . I have one that shoots 3/8" at 50 yds (and would likely do better with a different shooter!) , But groups fall apart at 100.
Might need a different ammo at 100?

The sa22 is shooting the cheap stuff fairly accurate. It's never jammed except for on Remington thunderduds that were over size in dia.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:36 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did notice that,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicumj View Post
Take the nylon screw out. It's not needed. That screw will change your vertical impact. The weaver mount will place your scope too far forward as is documented in the photo by Toomany22s on page 4.
Actually this forward scope makes me put the stock on the side of my face ,cheek weld, -and the butt against my collarbone . I can see fine thru the scope.

Most of my other scopes are pushed back as far as they will go so I can shoot them with the stock under my chin , no cheek weld,and butt against a pectoral,

Either way works for me, but I have noticed that the better shots do it the first way.

That being said I have ordered a long eye relief scope for this gun to see if I can do it the second way.

And maybe someday I will swallow my pride and get one of those Cowcatcher Browning BillBoards to use as an Anchor on my gun.just so it looks Normal to others.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:09 PM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Actually this forward scope makes me put the stock on the side of my face ,cheek weld, -and the butt against my collarbone . I can see fine thru the scope.

Most of my other scopes are pushed back as far as they will go so I can shoot them with the stock under my chin , no cheek weld,and butt against a pectoral,

Either way works for me, but I have noticed that the better shots do it the first way.

That being said I have ordered a long eye relief scope for this gun to see if I can do it the second way.

And maybe someday I will swallow my pride and get one of those Cowcatcher Browning BillBoards to use as an Anchor on my gun.just so it looks Normal to others.
Sounds like you got it figured out for what works for you, Toomany! I wouldnít mess with whatís working for ya! But then again, I mess with things that ainít broke everyday. Itís the American way.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:55 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tru Dat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
Sounds like you got it figured out for what works for you, Toomany! I wouldnít mess with whatís working for ya! But then again, I mess with things that ainít broke everyday. Itís the American way.

Every time I buy a scope , a scope dance occurs. And they all get changed up . No need , but it happens every time.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:12 PM
TN Jim

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have an old Redfield Mount for my SA-22 short model. Thinking on putting a Weaver RV4 on it. Will the Browning rings fit that base or should I use different rings? Redfield scope is too much for me at the moment.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Jim View Post
I have an old Redfield Mount for my SA-22 short model. Thinking on putting a Weaver RV4 on it. Will the Browning rings fit that base or should I use different rings? Redfield scope is too much for me at the moment.
Get a set of Leupold or Burris 3/8" rimfire rings.
I have the Burris rings for my Redfield base.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:49 AM
TN Jim

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Donít know why I didnít think of Burris rings - old age brain fog I guess. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:08 AM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
You are spot on . I have more accurate 22s, but this one is the most fun to shoot . First time out I got 1" at 50 yards. Different ammo may improve it.

Interestingly enough , it did better at 100 yards than any of my rifles . I have one that shoots 3/8" at 50 yds (and would likely do better with a different shooter!) , But groups fall apart at 100.
Might need a different ammo at 100?

The sa22 is shooting the cheap stuff fairly accurate. It's never jammed except for on Remington thunderduds that were over size in dia.

I might need to revise this statement. I shot some Center X with the SA 22 at 50 yards from a rest and got 1/2" groups ! I only shot two groups, but nonetheless .....
Old 09-20-2018, 10:55 AM
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I don't know why so many folks think an ATD follows the trend of most all other TDs and are only moderately accurate. Or loose zero when taken down and reassembled. It is not one of the other TDs. It is a Browning after all.

At 77 I don't shoot as good as I did 58 years ago when I bought my wheel sight. I had a 4x Weaver on it for years, and now have the Nikon .22 EFR target dot with AO on which is a super scope. But my ATD shoots as good as it ever did. It doesn't change zero when I take it down and put it back together. I used to (be able) shoot kitchen matches in half at 25 yd.s off hand. Now, not so much. :. Shooting off a bench with a bag cushion for my forward hand, it will shoot 1/2 in. groups or better. AS previously said, JMB was a genius.

VH
Old 06-02-2019, 01:58 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok I capitulated.

I found a nice traditional mount

Last edited by Toomany22s; 08-11-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmit hunter67 View Post
I don't know why so many folks think an ATD follows the trend of most all other TDs and are only moderately accurate. Or loose zero when taken down and reassembled. It is not one of the other TDs. It is a Browning after all.

At 77 I don't shoot as good as I did 58 years ago when I bought my wheel sight. I had a 4x Weaver on it for years, and now have the Nikon .22 EFR target dot with AO on which is a super scope. But my ATD shoots as good as it ever did. It doesn't change zero when I take it down and put it back together. I used to (be able) shoot kitchen matches in half at 25 yd.s off hand. Now, not so much. :. Shooting off a bench with a bag cushion for my forward hand, it will shoot 1/2 in. groups or better. AS previously said, JMB was a genius.

VH
I think you have the record for original ownership. I've only owned mine for 50.5 years. Currently without a scope,doubtful that I'll shoot it again.Over the years, it's probably worn half a dozen scopes.