Winchester .22WMR 45 grn Dynapoints - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-29-2019, 02:26 PM
scooter22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2002
Location: 
Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
Posts: 
7,576
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Winchester .22WMR 45 grn Dynapoints



Log in to see fewer ads
FYI my local Wmart had a couple boxes of them in a new package. 150 round bulk pack for 25.96. I've used these before and they are nice for plinking or small game you don't want blown up. They used to be 8.99 for 50 rounds but I haven't seen them for several years. 45grn copper plated @1550fps.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-29-2019, 09:14 PM
Skeeve's Avatar
Skeeve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Mar 2002
Location: 
Lo-Cal So.Cal., where the money is plastic & the people are too!
Posts: 
2,146
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
FYI my local Wmart had a couple boxes of them in a new package. 150 round bulk pack for 25.96. I've used these before and they are nice for plinking or small game you don't want blown up. They used to be 8.99 for 50 rounds but I haven't seen them for several years. 45grn copper plated @1550fps.
I don't know if any of the WMs still even carry ammo here behind the Granola Curtain, what with our new ammo registration nonsense [too many headaches; most of them stopped carrying guns years ago now for similar reasons.]

Someone mentioned a new Win 22WMR subsonic load too; bet you dollars to donuts these are all being shipped in from OZ [where most of the majors are sourcing their powders too, from what I understand.]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-29-2019, 09:32 PM
scooter22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2002
Location: 
Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
Posts: 
7,576
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yeah I've looked at the .22 Mag sub sonic and it looks like the same bullet but loaded down. I've had great results with this ammo. I'll look around and get some more. I have plenty of full power jacket .22Mag ammo. This fits the notch that many would buy the old .22 WRF ammo to fill. Good stuff.
Heres the sub sonic. https://winchester.com/Products/Ammu...uper-X/X22MSUB
And Dynapoint
https://winchester.com/Products/Ammu...ire/USA/USA22M

Last edited by scooter22; 05-29-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 AM
Sailormilan2

Join Date: 
Jul 2005
Location: 
Central Valley, CA
Posts: 
206
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeve View Post
I don't know if any of the WMs still even carry ammo here behind the Granola Curtain, what with our new ammo registration nonsense [too many headaches; most of them stopped carrying guns years ago now for similar reasons.]

Someone mentioned a new Win 22WMR subsonic load too; bet you dollars to donuts these are all being shipped in from OZ [where most of the majors are sourcing their powders too, from what I understand.]
My local Walmart here in the Central Valley has some. I'm considering getting one box, but I'm not sure it will work in my Zastava.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2019, 08:42 AM
gcrank1's Avatar
gcrank1

Join Date: 
Apr 2018
Location: 
south central WI, USA
Posts: 
3,283
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have been using the old white box Dynapoints for maybe 15yrs.
45gr. plated hp, rated 1550 but chrono'ed 1500ish from my H&R UltraVarmint 22" heavy barrel. Definitely a step up in performance from the re-intro 22WRF at 1350ish.
They are hunting ammo, not match, and at about 75yd. good for mid-size to larger varmints, or, as in my case, full size varmint silhouettes on out to 100yd. They thwack pretty good and any good hit would down the sil's.
I started using them because our match called for lead bullets, No Jacketed, rf or cf.
They actually shot as well as my carefully prepared lead bullet loads for my 22Hornet (1450ish) so I just went with the H&R and the Dynapoints.
I liked 'em and bought a half case of that lot that was doing the job. I have never bought any others so no idea how other lots shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2019, 12:26 PM
Beoulve_22

Join Date: 
Apr 2019
Location: 
Orlando
Posts: 
6
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
Yeah I've looked at the .22 Mag sub sonic and it looks like the same bullet but loaded down. I've had great results with this ammo. I'll look around and get some more. I have plenty of full power jacket .22Mag ammo. This fits the notch that many would buy the old .22 WRF ammo to fill. Good stuff.
Heres the sub sonic. https://winchester.com/Products/Ammu...uper-X/X22MSUB
And Dynapoint
https://winchester.com/Products/Ammu...ire/USA/USA22M
Scooter, they're a different slug. The dynapoint is a copper washed slug that has great weight retention, while the subs will shed nearly 20% of their weight after expansion. You can use the Winchester subs as a base for a custom subsonic load. 1.5gr of red dot, a 50gr lead slug (or a pulled gameshok), and you're good to go. Has a very pleasant low pitched sound and awesome penetration.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winchester Dynapoints? passport .22 Ammunition (S-L-LR) 9 12-16-2017 03:06 PM
Winchester Dynapoint!! Late 2017 Plainsman 22 WMR (22mag) 1 08-15-2017 10:38 AM
The Winchester Model 56 JWA Winchester 113 06-05-2017 02:57 PM
17hmr or 22 Hornet ?? Signalman1 CZ / Brno 139 10-17-2016 05:35 AM
S/S Bolt Cheap Ammo Challenge (new) COW 54 Superstock Bolt Actions 72 09-30-2016 06:49 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x