Marvel Precision Unit 1 steel slide lockback .22 Conversion Unit - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:00 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

How does the Marvel and Nelson compare?

I noticed that the Marvel is more expensive. Is it worth the difference?

I’m looking at an accurate conversion with a rail and threaded barrel.

Are they both made of steel? Do they both hold the slide back after the last round?
Old 10-22-2018, 03:02 PM
824tsv
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can only speak for the Marvel Precision Unit 1 which would be the Conversion Unit you would want if you wanted the Marvel. Mine as pictured in previous posts in this thread is the steel slide lock back. As the name applies, itís all steel but with an aluminum top rail, a steel rail is also available. The lock back, locks the slide back after the last round. The basic Unit 1 does not lock back. Accuracy from the Unit 1 is superb. A threaded barrel is available. Iíve never seen or handled a Nelson so someone else will have to chime in. A visit to the Marvel Precision web site will give you all the info on all the models and available options.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:28 AM
824tsv
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thought I should update this thread.
I stopped counting rounds late last year. I'll estimate I'm at the 5000 mark or slightly more. I recently swapped out the original recoil spring. It's still a tack driver. I now have a dedicated frame for it with a glass smooth trigger which really makes a huge difference. All in all I'm still very impressed. I ordered a Unit#2 "The Practical" last month and I'll post a review when I receive it.