Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:52 AM
cmatera
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
50% (1)

I went out and found and bought one of the "new style" magazines. I still will not work. Sending it back to Dean Van Marel at Jard on Monday for a refund.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:36 PM
Eccentric
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So did you get things sorted out with your trigger? A crappy trigger that doubles isn't good. Wouldn't want to get arrested for having an 'mg'.

I hope that the folks at Jard solved your mag compatibility problem with their trigger.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:43 AM
m17hm2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I had the same issue, and Dean hooked me up with a trigger that fits in less than a week. Awesome guys. The issue isn't so much magazine compatibility, it's the specs on the stocks are different lot to lot. There's no real consistency.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:31 PM
cmatera

TPC Rating: 
50% (1)
My issue was not solved. When I first talked to Dean, I told him my A17 was in a Boyd's laminated stock. He speculated that the stock was the issue. I said OK, I have the original synthetic stock I'll swap it back. It was even worse than the Boyd's. I could not get the magazine in or out. Dean did not indicate any solution to my problem. His trigger MAY work on a few guns, but is definitely not a "drop in." Be prepared for pain.
A month after I sent the trigger in, I still had no refund. I emailed, and Dean said it was processed that day. When I got the credit on my charge card, it was minus $7.50 or so, why I don't know, but did not care to argue about it. I also lost shipping on the trigger both when I bought it and sent it back as well as the "new" style magazine I bought. All for a trigger that is not drop in and would not work in the factory OR aftermarket stock.
Yeah, I'm back to the crappy trigger that may double on me, but at least I can put in an take out the magazine, as opposed to having a single shot rifle.
Actually the design of his trigger is flawed. If you look at a stock trigger group, there is a piece of wire that has some flex to it creating downward pressure on the mag (it's the mag release lever that holds it in the stock), where Deans is solid aluminum. If he made two aluminum dog ears that held a piece of replaceable wire between those two ears, the spring flex of that wire would push the mag downward when you press the mag release. I believe it could be re-designed to work properly, but Dean did not seem interested, so I did not say anything. All he did is sent me a video of a gun they modified to show the mag going in and popping out properly, to show that I or my gun/stock or magazine was the problem. I remembered an old saying...Don't get smart, stay like you are, and remained silent.

Last edited by cmatera; 05-01-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:49 AM
Eccentric
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CMATERA thanks for the update. That's unfortunate how your situation turned out....

M17HM2 thanks also for your input.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:32 AM
cmatera

TPC Rating: 
50% (1)
You're welcomed. You get used to it. My Ray Vin experience was even worse. It's just the way the world is today.