new u22 neos - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:43 AM
aartod

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
new u22 neos

Hello, I was looking for a new .22 for plinking/target/sage rat shooting and after lots of reading and a few trips to cabelas I decided on the 6" neos. I have read plenty of forum posts on failure to load/eject/fire issues and also trigger pull and gritty/rough trigger problems. Well I don't know if beretta has improved their manufacturing or quality control, but mine is great. Trigger is smooth, I disassembled when I got it home to make sure everything was properly lubed and the firing pin/sear assembly was VERY smooth and free of grit or burrs. My first time out I shot 300-400 rounds and had 2 failure to loads... it seemed as it was a ammo issue, those two actual bullets were kinda rough, and it was remington golden bulk ammo. The gun itself was a pleasure to shoot and the trigger was smooth (pull was a bit long) and its accuracy was great. The sights are pretty bad... I do not know why they didn't put on some nicer sights and just charge 5 or 10 bucks more??? I modified my front sight by drilling and pressing in peice fiber optic material, and the rear by drilling two dots .02" deep and filling with bright white paint. Now the sights are great. I figured a new review was needed because from what I have read, berretta must have improved a few things.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:36 PM
ice-wres3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Now watch out for the roll pins in the rail by the rear sight. they like to work themselves out in one of ours.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:02 AM
aartod

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
okay, I will keep my eye out for that!

Old 05-13-2015, 08:20 PM
jimbobjam

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
http://www.ewkarms.com/zen8/index.ph...index&cPath=66

I put the green sights on mine. Worth it.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:01 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Wink much needed accessory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjam View Post
http://www.ewkarms.com/zen8/index.ph...index&cPath=66

I put the green sights on mine. Worth it.
I have the red one on my 4.5" neos. such a giant improvement over the factory! beretta sells a pack of 6, I think, colored front sight blades but they are real expensive and not nearly as good as the FO sight.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:40 AM
aartod

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So I decided that I didn't care for the sights much after all and ended up putting a sig sauer mini red dot on her.... like it alot!
Old 06-03-2015, 06:52 PM
deadhorse
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aartod View Post
So I decided that I didn't care for the sights much after all and ended up putting a sig sauer mini red dot on her.... like it alot!
what ammo are you shooting in it? thoughts on accuracy?
Old 05-15-2017, 07:25 PM
rjat58
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Front Sights

Speaking of EWK. I just received and installed my new green Beretta Neos U22 Fiber Optic Front Sight from EWK Arms. That thing glows even under minimal light and is 100% better than the factory sight. I am very pleased with the new product and Eric's customer service. A+

Also, for the new owner, watch out for the extractor disappearing. Mine decided it to take a hike somewhere, somehow. Now, I have a request in with Beretta for a replacement. I may have to will this thing to my future grandchildren before the parts arrive, if it's like other Beretta USA encounters.

Otherwise, fine pistol for the price.

Last edited by rjat58; 05-15-2017 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-20-2019, 09:44 AM
bobalu
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-wres3 View Post
Now watch out for the roll pins in the rail by the rear sight. they like to work themselves out in one of ours.
Brownells has them along with a lot of other neos parts.

Those pins are not standard roll pins you get at hardware stores!