Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-27-2019, 07:03 PM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Real life accuracy results- Zephyr II

I have been looking at the pictures of the Zephyr II and I'm fairly interested in these but I don't trust the articles I've read about them so far. Lots of talk but short on real information in most of the articles.... IMO

Has anyone on the forum actually had a chance to shoot one of these with premium ammo and lived to tell us how well they really shoot? How do they handle and feel with that unusual shaped stock and cheekpiece?

TIA,
Bob
Old 01-28-2019, 08:01 AM
kisssofdeath
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How many photos of real world/results do you want to see?
Old 01-28-2019, 11:54 AM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I just want to know how accurate the reviews I've read are. Some say these are capable of 1/2" groups occasionally at 50 yards, others seem to be struggling to get 1" groups.... with the shooters on these forums I would expect a realistic and pretty near the maximum accuracy this rifle is capable of once it is wrung out a bit.... Also, how does that stock feel in the hand? From the looks of it I wasn't sure how comfortable the fore end and cheekpiece would be... but I'm pretty sure there isn't one in a store around here I can pick up and try...

Hope that makes sense...

Bob

Old 01-28-2019, 04:06 PM
bowwild

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've had my Zephyr 2 less than three days. I haven't shot the rifle yet.

I can answer, for me, the comfort issue regarding the stock. It feels great to me. I like the sleekness of the fore end and the pistol grip. Someone with larger hands might not like it as much?

I like it even better than my Cooper Custom Classic M57.

Of course you know rifles, it sometimes takes some experimentation to find what the gun likes best. I've accumulated now about 5 brands from 30 grain to 50 grains.

I'm waiting for the rain, snow, and wind to calm down.

I like the somewhat "exotic" stock lines.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:21 AM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That is what I'm wondering about with the stock. I have pretty large hands and I'm thinking the stock may not be comfortable in my hammy grippers.
The pistol grip looks very comfortable with the deep cut, but I can't tell from pictures if the cheek piece will fit my face well.
Of course, accuracy is the final test for any of these rifles. I'm not in any hurry to spend $1K on anything right at the moment, but I'm very interested in seeing how these perform for a future purchase...

TIA,
Bob
Old 01-29-2019, 03:01 PM
kisssofdeath
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is what my Zephyr II has done. No cherry picking. Different results are for varying factors such as wind, sun glare, mirage, ME ect. Some groups were shot suppressed. I believe I got lucky with my CCI Std Velocity, I have 3 cases with the same lot number, that's what the word "bulk" or "big pack" indicates. That Lot # shoots pretty good and consistent "to me" in a lot of guns I have.