Steyr RFP 22LR - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:18 PM
XRamTundraMan
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Steyr RFP 22LR

I just snagged a new one in the box from CDNN for $199.99 and $5.00 shipping to my FFL. I just had to have it, neat German writing & graphics on the boxes and seems to be a quality very well made SAO rimfire pistol. Anyone else have this rimfire. Will be doing the first firing sometime tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:00 PM
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRamTundraMan View Post
I just snagged a new one in the box from CDNN for $199.99 and $5.00 shipping to my FFL. I just had to have it, neat German writing & graphics on the boxes and seems to be a quality very well made SAO rimfire pistol. Anyone else have this rimfire. Will be doing the first firing sometime tomorrow.
. Made by ISSC......I just looked . 229. How did you get the 199? I would by one for that.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:45 AM
XRamTundraMan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
. Made by ISSC......I just looked . 229. How did you get the 199? I would by one for that.
That was CDNN's advertised price with "free delivery" to my FFL and only a $4.75 adult signature fee. Then went looking for additional mags and they were either sold out or $40.00+ everywhere. Then I wised up and checked CDNN, they were $19.00+ each and flat postal rate of $5.00. I bought the GSG Firefly(aka Sig Mosquito)from PSA for $179.99 as well. Great time to be a buyer, a seller not so much. Get on their email list and visit their website a few times and I bet the $199.00 offer returns. Although from what I read there were not "a lot" or the Steyr RFP's manufactured so who know.

Last edited by XRamTundraMan; 01-20-2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: added "to my FFL" and a correct price on the GSG FF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2019, 12:44 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I am on the list

Quote:
That was CDNN's advertised price with "free delivery" to my FFL and only a $4.75 adult signature fee. Then went looking for additional mags and they were either sold out or $40.00+ everywhere. Then I wised up and checked CDNN, they were $19.00+ each and flat postal rate of $5.00. I bought the GSG Firefly(aka Sig Mosquito)from PSA for $199.00 as well. Great time to be a buyer, a seller not so much. Get on their email list and visit their website a few times and I bet the $199.00 offer returns. Although from what I read there were not "a lot" or the Steyr RFP's manufactured so who know.

I am on their list......
Old 01-17-2019, 05:27 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I will take the Steyr over the Firefly

Quote:
That was CDNN's advertised price with "free delivery" to my FFL and only a $4.75 adult signature fee. Then went looking for additional mags and they were either sold out or $40.00+ everywhere. Then I wised up and checked CDNN, they were $19.00+ each and flat postal rate of $5.00. I bought the GSG Firefly(aka Sig Mosquito)from PSA for $199.00 as well. Great time to be a buyer, a seller not so much. Get on their email list and visit their website a few times and I bet the $199.00 offer returns. Although from what I read there were not "a lot" or the Steyr RFP's manufactured so who know.
I guess I just missed that sale.....I will take the Steyr, ( made by ISSC ) over

the Firefly every time....I am not a fan of the alloy slide weapons, I prefer the

aluminum slide on the Steyr. I guess I will just break down and order one. I

think it is built as well as the Ruger SR 22. Is it a full size pistol ?
Old 01-18-2019, 06:04 PM
XRamTundraMan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
I guess I just missed that sale.....I will take the Steyr, ( made by ISSC ) over

the Firefly every time....I am not a fan of the alloy slide weapons, I prefer the

aluminum slide on the Steyr. I guess I will just break down and order one. I

think it is built as well as the Ruger SR 22. Is it a full size pistol ?
I have med/large hands and the GSG Firefly(larger)fits my hand better but not an issue for me with 22LR chambered handguns. BTW & correct me if I am wrong, but I thought firearm grade aluminum was an alloy.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:16 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Alloy yes

Quote:
I have med/large hands and the GSG Firefly(larger)fits my hand better but not an issue for me with 22LR chambered handguns. BTW & correct me if I am wrong, but I thought firearm grade aluminum was an alloy.

Aluminium is an alloy, but not zamak like the Firefly......Nothing wrong with the

Zamak, Aluminum is stronger. Just a personal preference to me.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:26 PM
XRamTundraMan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks for the information I appreciate it. I also I realized that I quoted the wrong price on the GSG Firefly from PSA it was actually $179.99 delivered to my ffl. That offer is back for a few more hours. I am curious if anyone ever paid near what the listed new price was when these(Steyr RFP's)were manufactured ?