Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW !! The ULTIMATE 22LR,22MAG,17HMR,17? Conversion

54K views 271 replies 157 participants last post by  eljay 
#1 ·
NEW !! The ULTIMATE 22LR,22MAG,17HMR,17? Conversion
Chief Says : If your expecting a picture = Your out-a-luck this time. My new Rimfire Conversion , = Is without a dought the Ultimate of conversions. This system makes my other conversion
"10-22LR to 10-22 magnum", look like it was out of the 1950's.

Now theres NO trigger setback. NO adding holes to the receiver.
No notch to cut in the Receiver. NO jumping hammer spring . No
light firing pin strikes.

It will work with any 10-22 semiauto ever made. The guns modfications are at a minimum , requiring only conventional hand
tools "no machinist skills" , and can be completed in 10 minutes
even by a 10 year old. Theres NO "2 E-mails w/ 3 attachments ea.". Theres NO plans to complicate matters. Theres NO way to
screw it up or possibly damage your firearm.
In short , Its FOOL-PROOF . Even if you never cleaned a 10-22 ,you could do this conversion = yourself.

GOOD = Anyone who has a 10-22LR , Can now have the option
of having a 22 magnum , a 17HMR and/or a 17 LR , With nothing
more than buying the barrel for the caliber wanted.
With my conversion (parts) you can turn your present 10-22LR
into the ultimate " combo -gun".
If you can fit a barrel to it (any rimfire caliber) this baby will shoot it!

BETTER = You can turn it back into a 10-22LR at any time (in 10 minutes) or however long it takes you to swap the barrels.
It is a Conversion " NOT a SWITCH". After you modify your stock
to accept the larger magnum magazine= thats it. Tomarrow if
you decide to target shoot with it as a 22 LR. You will be able to
and even use the factory 22LR magazine : no cobble job-here:

BEST - Chief HAS GOT IT ,! no Lizard promises here! Its gonna
be Patented , therefore it cant be FREE. Afterall it is the CONVERSION "parts" = not plans like the older type conversion.
These install in 10 minutes. And uninstall in 10 minutes.

Parts are being made as we speak , Patent process starts Monday AM. The conversion parts will be available and marketed
at a more than fair price. Theres only one thing that could stop
the conversion from being marketed .
RUGER CO. could cut me a check for $1,000,000.00
Later they will wish they had. HOW many 10-22LR owners out there would like to shoot a 17HMR in their present "custom"
10-22lr. If they could ? would they bother buyin a 77-17 ? I think not.

PLEASE REPLY - WITH YOUR OPINION.
sorry - no pics or more informtion avail.
CD. "not VHS."

See less See more
#82 ·
Cheif's Conversion

Chief,
You have just made me the happiest man alive. I have wanted a Ruger 10-22 for several years now and have just recently ordered one. I was caught up in whether to order the Magnum, which I decided wouldn't really be practical enough, the .17 cal.which would be SWEET but on the other hand it wasn't the 10-22 that I have always wanted. I chose to order the 10-22 in stainless with a synthetic stock for two reasons. First that it won't get all scratched up in hunting situations and won't rust iin wet hunting situations. Secondly I have owned a Ruger MK-2 Target that I special ordered about 10 years ago with a 10 1/2" stainless bull barrell and black grips. I think that when I lay them down side by side they will look like a matching pair. I do have a few questions reguarding your conversion kits. You have made it clear that it is not going to be complicated to change them over from a standard 10-22 to a magnum edition or to a .17 cal. edition. My question is will I be able to make these changes and still have the stainless barrells? My second question is will the standard reciever have enough room to eject the magnum hulls properly? My next question is will the standard reciever fit tight enough to grip and eject the .17 cal. hull properly? Last but DEFINATELY will the average Joe be able to afford these conversions or will a man need to work for the Federal Government to afford one without taking a loan out at the bank?
Sincerly Yours,
MallardMaster

#83 ·
Chief Dave, this is the first time i have ever wrote on this sit,not real good at typing please bear with me.If you have a way of converting a 10/22 to a10/17 I would be someone very interested in learning this out for whatever the fee might be,within reason.I had a 10/22 sitting in my gun cabinet doing nothing so i traded it in on a savage 93-17.Iwould love to have a 10/17 without paying $600-$700 for it.Please put me on a list of respondants.

#84 ·
Hey Chief

When you first started talking about this back a ways I posted that I would like to be on the list. I'm still up for it, especially since I'm getting a box of GM barrels. I should have everything I need when you get your conversion ready for distribution. You're the man, Chief :t

#86 ·
Chief Says : I will share this with you all .
Here is a pic of the first prototype "trigger conversion" . Note the shorter
trigger assembly in the rifle as compared to the gutted one beside it.

You still need to notch the receiver to accept the magnum magazine , as well as pitch the factory ejector " oh I do that for you here". The conversion
consists of a trigger assembly that will market for about $100 , if all goes well.

I have been testing this one in a BC Backpacker stock , allowing me to swap
the 22 magnum barrel to a 10-17HMR barrel in less than one minute.
I will shoot a box of 22 magnums , then a box of 17HMR's.
The rifle shown has test fired over 2000 rounds , with about 20 jams or stovepipes. Like it knows when to let you know : "CLEAN ME."

One thing , I failed to say before , See the trigger assembly ( Ruger 10-22
and LR magazine . If you wish to change back to LR , just drop the conversion trigger and magazine and insert the factory one = back to LR.
OOPS don't forget to add LR barrel too.
B&C Backpacker stock , is a lifesaver on swap barrel guns.

THATS your update - THANKS CD.

#89 · (Edited)
Chief Sitting Good!!

Chief will have to buy new double decker wallet. :D

those "mod. groups" will be harder to get than 17hmr ammo was.
you will not be able to make them fast enough.

Hey Chief, that gold mine looks like it could be VERRRRRY deep. :t
how many 10/22's do you think are out there???
and what percentage of those owners would LOVE to have your kit??
hell, who wouldn't?
that comes to alot of kits. WOW!
best of luck. and I will take 2 :D

#91 ·
Chief: I'm thinking that you could drill a second set of housing pin holes in the housing so that one housing could just be moved forward- this would allow use of one trigger housing for both LR and magnum length magazines. Forward position for LR magazine, back position for magnum. I don't have the dimensions, but I don't think the pins would cause interference.

The big issue would be location of the rear pin hole in the assembly housing- there MIGHT be just enough meat for the rear pin to catch a notch at the rear of the guard when set up as an LR without there being enough to cause interference when set up for magnums.

#94 ·
Classes

CD- you know you will need to have training seminars for us "not mechanically inclined" (or just think we aren't) to convince us we really can "do this at home".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.