Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Cost of one now

6K views 59 replies 28 participants last post by  gendoc 
#1 ·
How much would one cost to pick up now?

#2 ·
if you can find one in the 90% range $400 - $600
depending on if the owner knows what he's got!!!!!
i have been told that someone said he has found them for less,
but he did'nt take them home.......:coco:

#3 ·
I have 2 and think I would pick up another if i found it for under $500.00. They are alot of fun and if you look around you can find the magnum ammo for around 8.00 a box. The speed and hitting power over a 22 LR. is very noticable especially out over the 100 yard range.

Jeff

#9 · (Edited)
the problem with gun shows (in this area)
is they are TOO HIGH!!!!!!!! have seen a few for over $650
and would not take an offer.......and they have not made a sale yet!!!!
best bet is from an individual.
i missed one couple weeks ago for $500 and it was nice, tiger walnut stock
from the late 90's, according to the serial#

#11 · (Edited)
hmm!!!! kinda high, to me the attachments have little or no value.
unless its a vxIII. used glass is a risk.

a while back, maybe two months ago in the rfc classifieds.
i saw 2-nib for $1000, but i also failed to see the-----spf------:pissed:
i pm'd the guy and he responded by (CAN'T YOU READ):read:
oh-well maybe next time:D

#13 ·
You just have to remove the inside extractor. From everything I've read they have bad habit of coming loose and getting on the bolt face and damaging it. Its not hard I used a real small flat tip screw driver to get it out. There is a tool for removing it but I thought it was a little pricey for a piece of bent aluminum.

#16 · (Edited)
something about that stock ruger wmr barrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its more accurate than 3 others i have tried.... gm, b/c, clark,,,,,
but i know its been accurized, but from who i have'nt got a clue!!!!!!!!
still have the barrel band attached and its not bedded........
but i do have a vq-tg2000 trigger.
50yrd .25 groups with cci 2200 polys, its good enough not to tweek any further
for hunting. and i like the original look also:bthumb:
heck with a 10lb barrel!!!.....i'm :D

#19 ·
seen one today for $700,,,,,,,,, and it looked like it was rode hard and hung up wet!!!!!!!!! very neglected, :pissed: me off so bad, i didnt even open the chamber and check the bore !!!!!!!!!!!!!
as i was walking out the owner said make me an offer..........
all i could say was-----it would only break your heart!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

#21 ·
I have two, one was new in the box for $309 last summer and the other was pretty beat up for $250. Gander Mountain and Cabela's have computer record systems in which all the firearm inventories are available for each store. If you get a salesperson who knows how to use the system they can query all the stores in their respective chain and order it for you. I did that for the used beat up one at Cabela's. I did it for a NIB Beretta Vertec at Gander Mountain.

I ordered a 17HMR barrel and a nice laminate stock for the used one and converted it over. Both rifles sport Bushnell 3-9 Mil Dot scopes and both shoot really well. Based on the information in this string I am glad I was able to buy them.

#23 ·
i've been trying to talk one of my uncles into seeling his...it's proably 95% or better condition...he doesn't like it...i did make him an offer on it but he said he would have to pull out the resipts on it to see how much he paid for it and go from there...and that was 2 months ago...just wish he would make up his mind

btw...he said he paid around $300-$350 for it new with scope...so i just hope he will sell it for about that...that is if i am lucky enough

#25 ·
Good Deal

I just picked up a 10/22 magnum about a month ago from a dealer in my town for $300. I was shocked because I have been wanting one for a long time, but the price for them has gone ridiculous. It is a fine shooting rifle but heavy for its size. It is probably in 90 to 95 percent condition

I saw one on gunbroker about a week ago with a wooden stock and a buy now price of over $1K. That is amazing. Mine has a black synthetic stock. Maybe that is the reason for the good price. I am not sure if it is an after market stock or if Ruger offered a model in this configuration. If someone out there knows, I would appreciate any information.

I could also use some info on an adapter for the integral scope mounts on the receiver. I would like to put a holographic red dot on it and I need a Weaver or Picatinny rail to do that. I guess my question is, "Is there such an adapter, and if so where do I get one?"

Thanks

#28 ·
seen one today at a gun show in pensacola fl.
when i passed by it, the price tag said-----$800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on my second tour of the show, it was gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
even though it looked nib. i could not believe it was gone.............
boy i'm glad i don't need one, got 2!!!!!!!!!!
might have only one if this keeps going on...........

#29 ·
I just found out some information today that may be helpful to other 10/22 magnum owners. Enven thought Weigand is not making the Ruger to Weaver scope adapters anymore, Burris make a two piece one that works well; at least it did for my needs. The Burris part number for this adapter is 410991. I got mine from a local dealer and it cost me $20 plus tax. I was amazed that he had ONE in stock afte searching all ove the Internet for one. Hope this info proves as useful for others as it did for me.

#30 ·
Every time I go to Cabelas (which is quite often because I live 15 minutes from one of the stores) I stop in the gun library and ask if they have any in stock....last week the guy shocked me by saying they just got one in trade a few days back. I asked to take a look at it, and one of the other employees mentioned that he just sold it the day before for $650 and it was in about 95% condition. Now I know that 95% condition means different things to different people, but even if it was actually 95%...I would have a hard time paying $650 for it...I'm still hoping to find one at a pawn shop or little mom and pop gun store for a reasonable price...but that likelihood is getting more and more slim.

#31 ·
had a young man bring one in my shop and wanted to sell it for cash.....
and i also had a customer picking up his slug-gun after repair.
he told the young man with the wmr he would give him $500
if it showed register to him, i checked and it was ligit!!!
in the mean time another customer walked in and got in to the conversation.
and offerd the young man $600. BOY!!! I THOUGHT, THIS IS AUCTION CENTRAL!!........
well all i can say is i made my $20 bucks transfer fee and sold a
9mm side arm to the young man. and he still walked out with $300 cash.
everybody made out that day, even the slug-gun owner, which got a 8 point that afternoon with his scatter.
that was more fun than selling 4 ak's and 3 ar's in one day!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.