Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Cost of one now

6K views 59 replies 28 participants last post by  gendoc 
#1 ·
How much would one cost to pick up now?

#39 ·
A couple on gunbroker

There are 2 magnums on gunbroker now. One is NIB and has been at $600 for 2 days. The other has a Boyd's stock, some kind of fluted bull barrel, and a BSA scope. The current bid of $650 has not met the reserve and the "Buy Now" price is $1000! As is often said, they are worth whatever a buyer is willing to give and a seller is willing to take.

My 10/22 magnums and my AR15s are appreciating faster than my house is depreciating! :(

DRob

#53 ·
WFO
I recently purchased one of the accelerator 22 mag pistols, and I also am very impressed with thier products! Reasonable price, excellent function, and great accuracy. Last month I put a Leopold VXIII on it and now it is really a precision shooter. Some have told me it is overkill to put that scope on the 22 mag. But it is truly an impressive shooter. I too highly reccomend the Excel brand of firearms!
jamesjo

#54 ·
I took my accelerator apart and played with the trigger. It had some slack in it and was creepy as well as having like about a 7 lb. pull weight. So my local gun shop tig welded the actuator rod getting rid of the slack then decreased the sear engagement getting it down to a SAFE 3-3.5 lbs. I made a bracket and mounted a small very high power spotlight on the front of it that is powered by a 12 volt battery worn on my belt. It is going to be a coyotes worst nightmare. And those irrigation pipe eating jackrabbits are finally gonna leave my ranch alone.:Blasting_ It's turned out to be a great little gun for a reasonable price. I've got much less in it than the price of buying the 10-22 mag, much less after a conversion to 17HMR. And as an added bonus the people at the Excel factory have been soooooo nice to deal with :bthumb: . Thanks Cathy you're a princess. Oh yeah BTW mine wears a Nikko sterling 8-32 scope on top of it. It's deadly accurate.
WFO-its more than just a name it's a lifestyle. :cool:

#55 ·
Yeah,
I have nothing but good things to say avout my factory experience also, very nice peope. I actually bought my mp-22 from the vice pres, it was his personal piece that he took to trade shows, gave me a great deal on it. Good company, if I ever get rid of my 10/22 mag, I might have to give one of thier rifles a try also.
Back when i was a young man, a friend and I had matching Kawasaki KX 400's
Called ourselves, WFO racing, I take it, it means the same thing today!!
Jim

#56 · (Edited)
found one today, its a basket case. but i got the parts to bring it alive !!!!!!
$100, the receiver housing is worth more than that.....
new project!!!!!, got to do it when the o'le lady's not around:D
she would probably shoot me with it when it gets reborn:eek:
that will make #4
pics come'n soon:bthumb:

#57 ·
I saw two used 10/22 mags for sale yesterday at the Lakeland, Florida Gun Show. One very original gun, looked good, sold for $500. The second, painted camo, was still for sale when I left.

Is there a prefferred serial number range or some other way to tell if the gun is a later model, updated, or improved model?

Dave1

#58 · (Edited)
early models have double extractors
late models have single extractors
but don't let that make you look away, just remove the inside one
and replace the outside one with a volquartsen extractor
aftermarket barrels are nice and perform well, but i perfer an accurized original barrel for the looks and weight.
same for trigger groups. an experianced hand can do wonders for the ruger
trigger. and the VQ tg2000 is a well done custom trigger group and is backed by excellent product support.
as for bolt work, that gets in your pocket deeply.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.