Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ruger to build a New & Improved 22mag

8K views 52 replies 28 participants last post by  artie 
#1 ·
Our RUGER rep just informed us that RUGER has redesigned the 10/22mag and it will be out late late 2007-early2008. I can not wait!:t :t

#11 ·
Haa Haa You didn't look close enough

10/22® & 10/17™- (includes the Carbine, Compact, and Magnum models) In-Production

You didn't look under instruction manuals. :eek:

I think that I can hear the advertising person now - "well, there are two kinds of 'in-production'. The first type is the normal sense of the word. The second is the hopeful sense of the word.":coco:

#17 ·
I like Rugers and I like Ruger as a company. Bill Ruger was a great man.

BUT, no company has ever annouced so many guns that never got built or got built and directly pulled off the market as Ruger has. There has been a BUNCH of them going back a long as I remember:cool: :rolleyes:

#20 ·
I have first hand knowledge that the magnum is back in testing. Since no magnum has really had any type of reliability issues from bolt or lever guns, the real test is a solid semi-auto in the line up. Many have failed-tried and failed again......The new Ruger .22 magnum will be a short stroke gas operated rifle, estimated cost will be around $875.00 in early retail testing markets.

It will follow in the AC556 foot steps for developement-using the lost foam/casting injection methods.

I can hardly contain myself!!!!

LTS

#23 ·
Any Big Foot sightings yet?

Press Release (July 4, 2014)

Sturm Ruger & Company announces the introduction of its Casper 3 line of 10/22 .22 winchester magnum rifles. This marks the third improvement of its famed Ruger 10/22 .22 winchester magnum rifles since it ceased production in February 2005.

Named after the famed cartoon character Casper the Friendly Ghost, the series started with an improved ejector and firing pin as well as a promise by management that all rifles would be testfired before leaving the factory.

The first Casper line sold wildly at the manufacturer's suggested retail price of $500. As promised, it was released for general sale for Christmas 2006.

The second Casper line was dreamed up by an outside marketing representative of the company. First bruited about in rumors in the summer of 2007, it had an intended retail price of $875. It sold wildly in the cyberspace test markets of the day. Cyberspace marketing was a radically new concept in 2007. In the past, unscrupulous companies had been known to float test balloons about new products that existed only on the drawing board. Prototypes would be designed and photographed and distributors polled about estimated sales. Cyberspace marketin was interactive with the retail market. First pioneered in the automobile business, a customer could go on a computer at a retail dealer and literally draw the desired firearm in the computer using different sighting systems, scopes, wood and other refinement. However, the drawback was that nothing was ever produced.

The Casper 3 line of Ruger 10/22 .22 winchester magnum rifles marks a dramatic improvement. No longer would the potential customers have to take a nap and dream. With the Casper 3 marketing pill, he would be awake and see visions of the product before it would hit the retail stores....:bthumb:

#24 ·
I would buy another Ruger 10/22 magnum in a minute if the price was around $350. I was very happy with mine before it broke. It was a tack driver. It was also very versatile. I kept my barrels in hopes another will come my way some day. Until then my Dad gets to have fun with my barrels on his 96. Thanks to Chief Dave I have a VQ 10/22 magnum that keeps me grinning at the range. The only drawback is not being able to throw a 17HMR barrel on once in a while. I can live with that. I couldn't live without a semi 22 magnum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.