Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Vq hi cap mags

8K views 146 replies 36 participants last post by  LuckyToo 
#1 · (Edited)
Would anyone be interested in contacting VQ and see if we can get a discount for a medium sized order on their hi cap mags. It's just a matter of time untill they ban hi caps again. I'd like to have at least 1 before they're gone, but I don't have the funds right now for full price.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING THE LAW IN YOUR STATE ON HI CAPASITY MAGS. I'd prefer not to accept orders from a state that which has a hi cap ban. I'm too lazy to check everyone out so, be responsible for your own actions.

swampf0x

#115 ·
It's a DONE DEAL!

Looks like the deal is over. You all owe SwampFox a BIG thankyou. Group buys are not easy to put together and are very hard to keep track of. Group buys are a lot of work for the person collecting money and emailing people and just keeping everything rolling. Now, Swampy is going to have ot repack and ship them out to everyone and that will also be a chore. Good luck to everyone and happy shooting.

#128 ·
I had to send my mother to the post office. She will be shipping out most of the mags tomorrow................IF she doesn't forget. I still have a few that I need to package, but will take care of that ASAP.

Ya know, it's hard to get anything done working 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week. Come on lotto jackpot. lol

swampf0x

#132 ·
I received my magazine today. Thanks to SwampF0x for the effort and coordination required to make this happen.:bthumb:

I'll need to call Volquartsen about a problem though. In my single extractor rifle with a VQ magazine release, the magazine has a loose fit. It holds the bolt open unless I press forward on the magazine, then it functions fine. In other words, when I press forward, the magazine moves enough so that the front rotates up and the rear rotates down allowing the bolt to feed a round.

Actually I do not see it as a giant problem because there's an easy fix. First I'll talk to Volquartsen but one simple fix is to put brass or aluminum shims on the ledges of the magazine to take up the slack. Also the problem may be the mag release. Even if it needs adjusting, the magazine is very sturdy and high quality.

Thanks again to SwampF0x ,
Larry

#138 ·
Quick range report from last saturday's test firing of the VQ mag in my 10/22. Loaded up 25 rounds of plinking ammo and had 3 failure to feeds within 10 rounds. The other 15 rounds feed flawlessly. I then loaded up 16 rounds and tried it and it again worked without a hitch. I didn't have time to shoot more to try another full 25 round test to see if I had jams and when they occurred. Could be the mag just needs to get loosened up a bit to work correctly. I would have assumed that with more rounds in the mag that the spring would have been tighter with the 1st rounds and would have feed better with them than the later rounds. The rounds that jammed were not picked up by the bolt at the rear of the casing and the bolt impacted the shell casing about halfway up the shell casing. I too had a loose fit and perhaps the mag just dropped down enough in the rear to not allow the bolt to reliably pick up the shell 100% of the time. Just need to do some more testing to figure it out. If someone has figured out the problem and has solution chime in.

dawg.

#139 ·
VQ Mags

The two mages that I sent back to VQ would not let the cartridges to come to the top of the mag. they would stick down and cartridge would not be in the battery position. They would feed a couple than you would have to take the mag out of the guns ( tried several rifles bolt and auto) and shake or tap the mag until the ammo would come to the top of the mag. When I get a response from VQ I will post

#140 ·
Bird dog,
Did you contact VQ first or just send them back? My two mags will not let the bolt close on either my auto or bolt 22 mag. It seems that the left side of the feed lip is too tall. I have emailed VQ but have not received a response. I haven't tried to call yet.

#141 ·
thoughts/speculation

1. It is not unusual for a magazine spring to need to be broken in. Routinely, like with Glock mags, I will load them up fully and let them sit for a few days. Thereafter, if I store them, I will do one round down.

2. I speculate that VQ did the testing using its proprietary mag release and not a factory mag release.

I will have someone test a few of the VQ mags within the next two weeks.:bthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.