Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

10/22 mag discontinued??!!

5K views 56 replies 29 participants last post by  ShelbyFan 
#1 ·
Thats what my dealer told me today.... :eek:

#9 ·
Erm the Ruger catalogue I got about three weeks ago has the .22mag as an available rifle... It also listed the 10/17 and had a fancy-pants setup for it too. I'm tempted to get that. It would seem the more logical way to go as .22mag barrels and bolts are a dime a dozen compared to conversion kits.

#10 ·
deadwood83 said:
Erm the Ruger catalogue I got about three weeks ago has the .22mag as an available rifle... It also listed the 10/17 and had a fancy-pants setup for it too. I'm tempted to get that. It would seem the more logical way to go as .22mag barrels and bolts are a dime a dozen compared to conversion kits.
Ruger has never produced a 10/17 hmr... doubt they ever will

#17 ·
BlkHawk73 said:
Produced and marketed are two different things. Yes, they have been made, no they were never released into the market.
I just received my Fjestad's 27th edition Blue Book.

In the Ruger section, he does list a 10/17 (.17hmr) as beening produced in 2004 only "in very limited quantities."

I've never seen one & I don't know anyone who's seen one.

2004 was the only year that Ruger had this rifle in their catalog. All catalogs since have not included a 10/17.

#21 ·
I looked up the definition of the word "integrity". I was wrong in my understanding of the word.

What do you call a situation wherein a thriving business has its customer service representatives and web site knowingly represent that a product is made and/or available and such is not the situation for two years? I had thought that the word "integrity" might have application. However, I am incorrect.

So I looked up the word credibility. "The quality, capability, or power to elicit belief". I think that it is accurate to give my opinion that the representatives of Ruger do not have the quality, capability or power to elicit belief in me. This is despite having purchased literally dozens of Ruger products over the years.

You know the old joke "I'm from the Internal Revenue Service, I'm here to help you.?" I have my own variation. "I'm from Ruger, so you can believe me".:shakehead

#23 ·
If you want to know why, check the Remington forum. There are several problems with Remington 597 .17 HMR's firing out of battery if they aren't kept clean. What manufacturer would want that liability? Even without the risk of law suits, blowing up your customers is bad business.

#24 ·
My son works at a Bass Pro. His job is logging in gun when they come in and sales. About a year ago he was logging in Rugers and in the 1022 was a 1017 later that day on a break He called me to see if I wanted it. I told him buy it or put it up for me till I can get there, By after noon it was gone, He try to check where it went (if was sold or send back) He is not aloud to check the sales records

#25 ·
Ruger 10/17

A long time ago I was shooting my newly built 10/17 at Williams Gun Sight. The range officer told me they had a Ruger 10/17 inside that they had just got. I asked was it a factory 10/17 and he said Yes. Unfortunatelty I forgot to go look at it so I do not know for 100% sure. Just 99.9% :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.