Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

22wmr High Capacity Mags

4K views 43 replies 25 participants last post by  22_boomer 
#1 ·
I would like to get a 22mag rifle.
One of the main criteria is a rifle model has hi capacity mags available for it. The only one that I am aware of is a bolt action tube fed style.

Who makes the mags and what gun? Can any one shed a light on this subject?

#27 · (Edited)
RebelSquirrel said:
I caught that post the other day also. I'll be on pins and needles waiting to see what they look like. Promag is an enormously large dealer, hope a few other manufacturers jump on the wagon and start producing something as well. I'm still waiting in the bushes for a good all metal tommy gun round drum mag for the 22lr.
My concerns with the magazine is if it's like some of the other after-market hi-caps -- some work great and some don't work worth a darn.

Edit to add; I found more info at Midway USA -- ProMag will also make a 22 round 22 Magnum magazine! The big thing I found is a 22lr 50 round drum mag that ProMag will be making!

Check out the ProMags listed at Midway; http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.ex...o+Begin+Search.x=15&Click+to+Begin+Search.y=7

I hope all these mags will work!

#28 ·
promag

I have been to the factory a few times.

The only problems I ever had were created by the manufacturer of the firearm who kept changing dimensions and specifications that affected what magazines worked. Without mentioning the manufaturer of the firearm, the people at pro mag either modified or replaced the magazines that would not work.

#33 ·
One of the gun manufacturers (not Ruger or Remington) has been waiting for these Promags to come out and has been in contact with promag. As with any new product coming out, there always seems to be delays -- I was thinking that Promag would at least want them out for the SHOT show.

#34 · (Edited)
#38 · (Edited)
ProMag's got another mag to think about.

I hope these mags are going to work ok -- I posted some of this hi-cap mag info on another site and half the replies said ProMag magazines were not very good!

Besides the the 25 round hi-cap mags from ProMag for both the 22 magnum and the 17 HMR, ProMag now is going to produce 50 round drum mags for both 22lr and 22 magnum. I would kinda think that the 22 magnum drum would work with the 17 HMR but I have not seen anything saying so.

Rick at Green Mountain Barrels picked these drums up at the shot show!

The drum on the left is for 22lr and on the right is the 22 magnum drum. I have no idea when these will be available.

#42 · (Edited)
Volquartsen is making one!

This is copied from the Volquartsen Web site:

3/6/2006 Thanks for everyone who was able to stop by our booth at the 2006 Shot Show in Las Vegas. We are currently working very hard for our much anticipated release of the Evolution which we are planning to start soon!! We are also working on our high capacity magazine for the .17 HMR and the .22 WMR which should be out just in time for the Prairie Dogs!!

I'm certain the quality of a VQ product will be much better than the Promag items.

#43 ·
Received a call from ProMag

I received a call out of the blue from my contact at Promag. He has been there for years. The promag 17s and 22 win mag magazines will be different because of the different taper and they will now be shipping asap. I sense that it will be in the next week or so. Keep our fingers crossed.

#44 ·
Finally some of the manufacturers are taking the call for 22 magnum and 17 HMR Hi-Cap mags seriously! I was surprised to see that Volquartsen has gotten into the game! Being Volquartsen is a top quality type manufacturer I would think their mags would be very dependable -- a little costly but dependable. Now if Ruger would just start making the 22 magnum rifle again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.