Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Who would like a 22 MAGNUM

22K views 140 replies 58 participants last post by  mosigdude 
#1 ·
I am considering building 22 Magnum receivers. They would be completely re-engineered and the only similarity they would have to the Ruger is that the parts would interchange. We would like to know if anyone has interest in a 22 Magnum Receiver. If there is enough feedback and interest we will invest in teh development and re-enginnering. It would be very similar to the RAZOR receiver with built in rail system. The design would be robust and functional. We would concentrate on working out the issues RUGER had.

If you are interested in purchasing a 10/22 redesigned Magnum receiver to build from scratch please let me know with a simple reply to this Post

http://www.ruger1022receiver.com

Phil
Select Fire Sales

#120 ·
Heads up?

I'll do my best to come into the forum and leave a message about them as soon as they are ready.

You guys should check out my larger charging handles and rod for the 22 and 22 magnums. I make them in 303 stainless and 12L14 steel black Oxcide coated.

I think it is the least expensive handle on the market that is oversized and still made from quality material.

Phil

#123 ·
Hello all

I have been very bussy with some redesigns and other things. We will have a complete new stock of RAZOR recievers and MAGNUM Reciever kits on or about March 1st. I tell everyone that calls each day that I am not taking orders or back logging orders. The parts will be put on the web site for sale soon and when they are available they can purchase in that order.

Hope everyone understands I just don't have time to be backfilling orders and promising items to others. Select Fire is a small company and we just don't have the resorses like other larger companies. But we do try and be as fare as possible and as low priced as possible for the quality of tools or parts you purchase.

Take care guys.

Phil
Select Fire Sales

This post has been deleted
#125 ·
OMR, I did just that after seeing how you set your rig up. Did you get a chance to try your rifles on any targets? I got my Razor Magnum receiver kit and have it all together and working great. Only problem is I don't have a nice stock to fit it into. I'm off to the local gun show this morning to try and sell some stuff to get up enough cash to buy one.

#129 ·
YOU are required by law to do the remaining 20% of the machining. The standard ruger trigger group will fit. But IF, you're building a magnum then you might want to change out the hammer spring and bolt release with Magnum parts. Everything else is the same.

swampf0x

This post has been deleted
#134 ·
Finally it warmed up enough that I could get out and fine tune this one.

Getting it lined up. 7 shots. Targets are 1 1/2" diameter.

Fine Tune #1. 3 Shots.

Fine Tune #2. 3 Shots.

I should have done more on my part. Then all 3 shots would have been in the same hole.
42° with a 10mph tailwind. Will wait for better weather with no wind to do another fine tune.
I really like your setup, what type of barrel are you using? Also, do standard Ruger mags work with this, do they need to be l.r. or magnum mags? Can you use a 10/22 l.r. stock, or does the magnum require a different stock? I really want to build one in 17HMR, but I'm not familiar with the 10/22 magnum, I don't know what parts are specific to the mag. vs. 22l.r. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a trigger group from my 10/22T, if I used that, would I need to replace the hammer, or would the factory hammer hit the primer hard enough? Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to have a good idea of what I'm getting myself into. Thanks again.

#136 ·
Thanks OMR, I think I have everything ordered. I bought a E.R. Shaw barrel that is designed for a 17hmr in a 10/22 magnum. I think you stated that your barrel is for a 77/17. What is required to fit the 77/22/17 to a 10/22m? The barrel selection seems to be slim for a direct fit 10/17m, I wanted a fluted stainless and wasn't able to find one for a 10/17m, they are easy to find for the 77/17. If it's not too difficult to make the 77/17 barrel work, I may replace the barrel that I have ordered down the road. I started a thread in the 17HMR section, about the barrel, but I may make a new thread with pics and document the build.

#137 · (Edited)
I believe it was my Razor magnum with the 77/22 barrel that you may be referring to but I may be wrong. To adapt a 77/22 barrel to the 10/22 type receiver you need a shim kit from Shooters Discount -- http://www.shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?searchStr=shim+kit&_a=viewCat&Submit=Go
I use a 77/22 barrel in 17HMR on my 10/22 conversion and a 77/22 barrel in 22 magnum on my razor magnum setup.

My setup is nothing much at all but you can see the nice fluted 77/22 barrel I used looks nice.
I happened to have a shim kit laying around although it is black -- I think you can see it -- looks like a slight extension to the receiver in the picture.

#141 ·
Just ordered the kit and fixture tool today, any tips or tricks on the build from anyone who has completed one? I'm planning to complete the build with a take-off barrel from my 77/17 Varmint so I also ordered the barrel shim from shooter's discount. Any feedback is appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.