Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Cost of one now

6K views 59 replies 28 participants last post by  gendoc 
#1 ·
How much would one cost to pick up now?

#39 ·
A couple on gunbroker

There are 2 magnums on gunbroker now. One is NIB and has been at $600 for 2 days. The other has a Boyd's stock, some kind of fluted bull barrel, and a BSA scope. The current bid of $650 has not met the reserve and the "Buy Now" price is $1000! As is often said, they are worth whatever a buyer is willing to give and a seller is willing to take.

My 10/22 magnums and my AR15s are appreciating faster than my house is depreciating! :(

DRob

#53 ·
WFO
I recently purchased one of the accelerator 22 mag pistols, and I also am very impressed with thier products! Reasonable price, excellent function, and great accuracy. Last month I put a Leopold VXIII on it and now it is really a precision shooter. Some have told me it is overkill to put that scope on the 22 mag. But it is truly an impressive shooter. I too highly reccomend the Excel brand of firearms!
jamesjo

#54 ·
I took my accelerator apart and played with the trigger. It had some slack in it and was creepy as well as having like about a 7 lb. pull weight. So my local gun shop tig welded the actuator rod getting rid of the slack then decreased the sear engagement getting it down to a SAFE 3-3.5 lbs. I made a bracket and mounted a small very high power spotlight on the front of it that is powered by a 12 volt battery worn on my belt. It is going to be a coyotes worst nightmare. And those irrigation pipe eating jackrabbits are finally gonna leave my ranch alone.:Blasting_ It's turned out to be a great little gun for a reasonable price. I've got much less in it than the price of buying the 10-22 mag, much less after a conversion to 17HMR. And as an added bonus the people at the Excel factory have been soooooo nice to deal with :bthumb: . Thanks Cathy you're a princess. Oh yeah BTW mine wears a Nikko sterling 8-32 scope on top of it. It's deadly accurate.
WFO-its more than just a name it's a lifestyle. :cool:

#55 ·
Yeah,
I have nothing but good things to say avout my factory experience also, very nice peope. I actually bought my mp-22 from the vice pres, it was his personal piece that he took to trade shows, gave me a great deal on it. Good company, if I ever get rid of my 10/22 mag, I might have to give one of thier rifles a try also.
Back when i was a young man, a friend and I had matching Kawasaki KX 400's
Called ourselves, WFO racing, I take it, it means the same thing today!!
Jim

#56 · (Edited)
found one today, its a basket case. but i got the parts to bring it alive !!!!!!
$100, the receiver housing is worth more than that.....
new project!!!!!, got to do it when the o'le lady's not around:D
she would probably shoot me with it when it gets reborn:eek:
that will make #4
pics come'n soon:bthumb:

#57 ·
I saw two used 10/22 mags for sale yesterday at the Lakeland, Florida Gun Show. One very original gun, looked good, sold for $500. The second, painted camo, was still for sale when I left.

Is there a prefferred serial number range or some other way to tell if the gun is a later model, updated, or improved model?

Dave1

#58 · (Edited)
early models have double extractors
late models have single extractors
but don't let that make you look away, just remove the inside one
and replace the outside one with a volquartsen extractor
aftermarket barrels are nice and perform well, but i perfer an accurized original barrel for the looks and weight.
same for trigger groups. an experianced hand can do wonders for the ruger
trigger. and the VQ tg2000 is a well done custom trigger group and is backed by excellent product support.
as for bolt work, that gets in your pocket deeply.

This post has been deleted
#60 ·
oop's:bonk: i'm loose'n it. you know, this morn'n i put my pants on backwards too. i guess thats what happens when you work shoot'n irons of all types
day in and day out:D it's a luvly thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.